C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6l80 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 05:10 PM
jake higdon!!!!
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 6l80 problems

I seem to get better luck and more response from this section ,but if its in the wrong thread mods can delete.

Hey guys recently started having trouble with my circle d built 6l80, and I'm looking for advice as to what could've happened. Here is a shortened version of the trouble I had.

About 2 weeks ago I was driving the car in town and got on it pretty hard in drive (not paddle shifting) from a very low roll speed . It felt as if the car was spinning but as I rolled up and tried to take off from the next light the trans would not shift out of 3 gear or so . I assumed I put it in some kind of limp mode because after eating dinner an letting the car cool off it ran And shifted as good as ever. It had the cel of P0776
P0340
P0700
After returning the car to the garage from town.

Well got in the car last week to drive it again after clearing those codes and after making some good highway pulls in shift mode I was making a 1st gear pull right next to the shop and at Aproxx 5600 rpm it put itself in a neutral state . The car did not have any forward or reverse gears and didn't make any kind of noise at all that would lead me to believe that their Is something mechanical broken. So I rolled it into the shop and pulled the codes. And got solenoid 3 stuck off and solenoid 5 stuck off.
Started checking the trans with a better scan tool and noticed that it was saying the commanded gear for the car was #1 no matter where the shifter was at. This lead circle d to believe the ims. Mode switch was bad. So I opted to pull the pan and change the switch . Upon removing the pan I decided to check the fluid level an with the car at operating temp I pulled the weep plug and it had probably 2 quarts to much fluid in it! (Previous owner error)
Drained fluid , smelt kind of burnt with small black clutch debris in pan but no metal or anything , changed filter and changed ims switch and reinstalled.
Now after resetting codes and trying the car again it does the same thing ,but is throwni g different codes p0736
P0752. P2723. Solenoid 1 and 5 stuck off instead of 3 and 5 stuck off? Any of you guys had this problem or no what kind of fix I need? Could a bad tcm or solenoid pa k cause this? Circle d wants 800-1000 just to tear it down to check and I don't really have the funds to do so.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:06 PM
DaytonaNtexas
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too would like to know. I have the same problems but after I turn mine off and back on it goes away. Doesn't do it every time but its getting worse. Mine probably has over 200 passes on the stock tranny. I was fixing to build the transmission but I'm not sure there's any built A6 that can hold up to the power. I can't believe my transmission out lasted my motor. I love my A6 but I'm saving up for the 4L65 conversion.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:30 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It felt as if the car was spinning but as I rolled up and tried to take off from the next light the trans would not shift out of 3 gear or so . I assumed I put it in some kind of limp mode because after eating dinner an letting the car cool off it ran And shifted as good as ever.

I did the same thing about 3 weeks ago, it went into limp mode. Took it home and let it sit alittle and it ran fine. Have your tuner adjust that limp mode out
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 PM
DaytonaNtexas
Intermediate

I don't think so because mine goes into I think 3rd also and stays until I pull over and kill everything and restart. Sometimes sticks in 4th. I'm not sure what's wrong but I have the same codes. I'm not easy on this car at 650whp. I'm not dumping any more money into this transmission after hearing all the built trans going bad. I don't know what's wrong I haven't pulled the pan either though. I'm not sure if its something serious or not because sometimes it works flawlessly and pulls hard but I'v also had it go into limp mode going 15mph in granny gear.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:22 PM
londonk
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i got an A6 thats built it wont go into 6th sometimes pull over unplug bat ...start over and its fine.... A6= mine has a mind of its own
Old 08-22-2013, 09:15 AM
jake higdon!!!!
Racer

Mine does absolutely nothing at the moment. I did however get it to move forward and reverse for a few seconds after resetting the codes the First time
Old 08-25-2013, 06:55 PM
jake higdon!!!!
Racer

Bump
Old 08-28-2013, 09:11 PM
69LS1Pro
Racer

My old GS did this and it was a firmware upgrade that was needed by GM. basically a computer upgrade. I would check into it. My local dealer did it free for me. Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To 6l80 problems

Quick Reply: 6l80 problems