C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 12:43 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Wrong. You're suspect, so you'd best leave that alone....
I gots your tranny right here, Bub!
Old 07-14-2018, 03:55 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

Okay, great. I'm glad - as comparing the two, the Micro L2 is much more grippier..they both look the exact when I took photos, it's deceiving in that you have to actually touch them to feel the difference.
Sammy, you might wanna try an L2 brother. That may help slippage...?
Thanks!
Originally Posted by rajahhindi
Mitch/Sammy,
I just ordered the 3.2" griptec from Capa Performance here in Australia. It has the L2 micro stamped on it as well from the photo they sent me.
If you go to the griptec site, they also have a L3 for certain jackshaft maggy pulleys, but not all of them. I was going to e-mail them about the differences,
but just decided the L2 version would be ok. I googled the L2 version and i am convinced it has another level of abrasiveness over the normal griptec. As
for the L3, i'm not sure?
The following users liked this post:
CI GS (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 03:58 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

If ya'll ever go to San Francisco and talk about your different trannies and how tight they are, how they shift, slip, etc., you'll be right at home... Just be ready for some advances from likely unwanted people...

Last edited by Chiselchst; 07-14-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:30 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
If ya'll ever go to San Francisco and talk about your different trannies and how tight they are, how they shift, slip, etc., you'll be right at home... Just be ready for some advances from likely unwanted people...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjbLruhTaxU
Now, ya see Sammy, just look what you've done. Here, we had a fine thread going, with lots of good information, and look where it's headed now. Shame on you !.
Chiselchst (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 04:51 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Griptec Micro L2 and L3 with pics...

http://www.z-industries.com/griptec-micro/
CI GS (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 11:23 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rajahhindi
Mitch/Sammy,
I just ordered the 3.2" griptec from Capa Performance here in Australia. It has the L2 micro stamped on it as well from the photo they sent me.
If you go to the griptec site, they also have a L3 for certain jackshaft maggy pulleys, but not all of them. I was going to e-mail them about the differences,
but just decided the L2 version would be ok. I googled the L2 version and i am convinced it has another level of abrasiveness over the normal griptec. As
for the L3, i'm not sure?
Hell, I’ll take an L5! Actually, if this damn belt slips on me again, I’m going to try some LC7 on it and see how that works...
Old 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Now, ya see Sammy, just look what you've done. Here, we had a fine thread going, with lots of good information, and look where it's headed now. Shame on you !.
Ha, blame me if you must, but I wasn’t the one that said that I prefer getting my kicks pulling on a stick!
Old 07-14-2018, 11:36 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjbLruhTaxU
Good God. I find this world a scary place these days: How in world are you supposed to figure out who is what? You can’t go by appearances, and if you ask them, you’ll get sued, and you can’t do the Crocodile Dundee/Trump crotch check thing anymore, or you’ll get locked up, so what’s a man supposed to do to find a female without getting “shafted”??
Old 07-15-2018, 01:30 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm about 30 miles from San Francisco, but it might as well be 30 light years...I can't even watch the news anymore...what the new "normal" is, LOL
I ordered me an L3 Micro! I have a 3.4 in L2, now I'll have a 3.3" / 82mm in an L3...

Originally Posted by CI GS
Good God. I find this world a scary place these days: How in world are you supposed to figure out who is what? You can’t go by appearances, and if you ask them, you’ll get sued, and you can’t do the Crocodile Dundee/Trump crotch check thing anymore, or you’ll get locked up, so what’s a man supposed to do to find a female without getting “shafted”??
Old 07-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

So I received an L3 Micro Finish 3.30" Griptec today.
Comparing the L3 to the L2, I like the L2 much better (by feel). Just feels coarser by hand.
Check out the newer pulley design. I swear they look like different ID's, but they are both marked 3.30". I'll put my trusty Harbor Freight micrometer on them to measure...

Sammy, have you ran an L2 or L3 Micro finish Griptec? Compared to a stock Maggie pulley, they sure feel like they'll hook better...and feel better than the Griptec's made for SCOL, IMHO.

CI GS (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 12:18 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

So I received an L3 Micro Finish 3.30" Griptec today.
Comparing the L3 to the L2, I like the L2 much better (by feel). Just feels coarser by hand.
Check out the newer pulley design. I swear they look like different ID's, but they are both marked 3.30". I'll put my trusty Harbor Freight micrometer on them to measure...

Sammy, have you ran an L2 or L3 Micro finish Griptec? Compared to a stock Maggie pulley, they sure feel like they'll hook better...and feel better than the Griptec's made for SCOL, IMHO.

Interesting. I may just get one of those if the new RPM belt and tensioner doesn’t hold. I tested the new belt and tensioner this weekend, btw, although unfortunately, I didn’t data log to see what the boost looked like. It runs like a scalded cat though and the belt didn’t come off, so that’s good. I’ll try to do a log this week, before I do the Kooks 2” Headers. I want to see how much that drops the boost anyways.

Last edited by CI GS; 07-19-2018 at 12:18 AM.
Chiselchst (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 10:40 AM
ls1wolf
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

My new 3.4 griptech is a flat top not bulged our. Is that the new style? And I’m not seeing slip. But am only doing 7.5psi
Old 07-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Rodney & Sammy will know for sure, but I think it is?
I've hadn't seen one until just recently.

Originally Posted by ls1wolf
My new 3.4 griptech is a flat top not bulged our. Is that the new style? And I’m not seeing slip. But am only doing 7.5psi
Old 07-20-2018, 12:39 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

That’s the first time I’m seeing this new ‘flat-nosed’ GripTech pulley. Must be a new style. The two I have are tapered.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:11 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Just wanted to report back on how the RPM belt and Dayco tensioner were working out. In short, much better than the stock tensioner and Continental Elite (“Gatorback”) belt. The first good news is that even though I hit the limiter a couple of times trying to put heat in the tires, the RPM belt didn’t jump off like it did with the previous Dayco tensioner (which was definitely misaligned). I can’t honestly say that it was a back to back comparison though, because I also recently changed from my 1 3/4” Pfadt headers to some Kooks 2”, which I know are flowing waay better, so I figure I lost some boost from that swap. How much, I have no idea. But, man, is this old car making some power now. I couldn’t get it to hook in 1st gear yesterday on a (half-***) prepped track with my brand new M/T ET Street Rs, which I’m sure were hooking better than my old M&Hs.
Anyways, I made three runs down the 1/8 yesterday, the first one was to try to get the AFR dialed in a bit after the header change (the attached pic is a snapshot from the datalog on that run). The highest boost was during that first run - right around 13psi, which it only hit for a split second. But it was most;y in the high 12 psi range. Boost is still moving around a bit however, but not as much, and it’s definitely higher now, even with the much better flowing headers. It also fell off during the day, as the got hotter. It was also fukin steaming hot at the track yesterday, btw. The heat index was at like 106*!
On the other two runs, I raced against a friend with a new mustang with a 200hp shot on it and he left early on me (arm-drop racing “red-light”) I left way too hard and the Vette got so bent out of control that I had to ease and straighten it up, so he clipped me, but I was reeling him in like crazy at the top. So we did a rerun and I pedaled it in first, and second, up to about 43mph, based on the datalog, and gave him like 3 bus-lengths. Once I got it hooked, it pulled like a sonofabitch, even though the catalogs show that the AFR still moving around from high-10s to low 11s, the belt starting slipping a bit, and the IATs were fairly high from hot lapping it. A couple of people sent me some videos of the last run I made and it looked pretty impressive. Unfortunately, we don’t have the timing system going at the old track going as yet, so I don’t have any time slip (yet). I’ll see if I can load a video on you-tube later and link them on here.
So, I’m happy with this thing. I don’t think there’s anyone out there making 13lbs of boost on a Heartbeat in a C6. Once I get the fueling dialed a little better, and the new surface on the track gets some more rubber, I’m gonna see what this old junk can do...
The following 2 users liked this post by CI GS:
Chiselchst (08-01-2018), rajahhindi (07-31-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 07:14 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Is it just me, or is this new CF format a big PITA? You can’t even edit this **** properly! Why, why, oh why do these ubiquitous forum computer geeks keep fukin around with **** when it’s already working?
Old 07-30-2018, 07:16 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

I think I may order me one of those new flat-nosed GripTechs, BTW, with the roughest surface I can get.

Get notified of new replies

To *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Old 07-30-2018, 09:41 AM
scottg
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 126 Posts

Thats pretty impressive Sammy. 13 pounds with all that heat. Well done.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:29 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by CI GS
Is it just me, or is this new CF format a big PITA? You can’t even edit this **** properly! Why, why, oh why do these ubiquitous forum computer geeks keep fukin around with **** when it’s already working?
HATE the new format. I figured out a way to disable the new bars and **** that are at the top/bottom of the screen. It was making pages load super slow for me.. I can't remember how though. Somewhere in settings in control panel

Car sounds like it's hauling ***, that's good to hear! Hopefully you can keep a belt on that thing and find some traction and have a good 'ol time
Old 07-30-2018, 10:55 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by scottg
Thats pretty impressive Sammy. 13 pounds with all that heat. Well done.
Yeah, I wasn’t expecting that much boost with the bigger headers and all. The car even sounds different with those now.

Quick Reply: *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **