C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Al3x_666
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

anyone have a website for the DKT TT kit?
Old 11-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Al3x_666
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
I'm running a ECS Ysi kit with 8 rib and direct drive. If I had to go back I would do a 10 rib/DD with 6 rib ac setup right away. For your needs that maybe overkill.

I would start with a 6 rib setup with a Direct drive. Then if you have belt issues you just need a balance and blower pulley. In my opinion it is a much better setup than swapping the PS and alternator pulley to 8 rib. Plus it gets tension off those accessories.
Im near to a noob to S/C world.

Is it expensive to go DD?
And is it difficult to convert the A&A to DD?

Last edited by Al3x_666; 11-12-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Al3x_666
Im near to a noob to S/C world.

Is it expensive to go DD?
And is it difficult to convert the A&A to DD?

Kits are $650 or so and take 4-6 hours to install. Pretty easy. I've had A&A and ECS and I like the ECS a bit more.

That being said, DKT is the way to go if you want turbo bolt on kit.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Z06-TT
it is just about up. sorry for the delay.

but i can answer any tech questions you might have. but Cunningham Motorsports and Speed Inc are Dealers and site sponsors. hoping to get Frans96ss w/ Race Proven Motorsports and Ron w/ Vengeance Racing on board soon.
Email me... Fran@raceprovenmotorsports.net.... Im all for it.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:51 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-TT
it is just about up. sorry for the delay.

but i can answer any tech questions you might have. but Cunningham Motorsports and Speed Inc are Dealers and site sponsors. hoping to get Frans96ss w/ Race Proven Motorsports and Ron w/ Vengeance Racing on board soon.
Thank you Devin for mentioning we are dealers....

What Devin@ DKT has done is take an already great designed kit (APS no longer made) and simply made it much better, with higher quality components, a higher power ceiling, and great customer service. Yes it will cost much more then a basic A&A kit, but you are getting a 1100+ Rwhp kit right off the bat (with no additional system upgrades), in addition no need for headers either as the turbo system replaces all that ( little extra savings lol).. it is tough to compare a supercharger system to a quality turbo system, both have there advantages/disadvantages , ultimately its up to end user and tuners evaluation of what they want to achieve and how. If anyone is local to Southern California or would like to make the trek out here. I can make you a great deal on a DKT system installed and tuned.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:50 PM
619grappler
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryne, so tempting but my wife would kill me!! lol.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:08 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 619grappler
Ryne, so tempting but my wife would kill me!! lol.
I will make you a very good deal...... think about it.....
Old 11-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by user_name
Surely you have quicker cars with the same turbo kit? 10.58 isn't so impressive. Haven't had mine to the 1.4 yet with the twins, but it went 10.6 with 690rwhp, stock motor, and people didn't need jackets that day at the track.
Did someone say something about quick TTiX cars at the track? Here's one with a cam and stock engine.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:36 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

You guys are seriously joking about DKT being better quality than the APS system?

The APS kits built for the C6Z had ZERO issues. Maybe a coupler re-route. Zero issues. No turbo failures. No header problems. Nothing.

The C6 was internal gated. It was just cramped and turbo limited.

The Camaro kit had ****** Chinese turbos. Thats it. If you Made more than 800rwhp, you sucked the inlets shut.

So, to look at the 50+ page APS install docs, and rediculously engineered kits they made- no offense to DKT- he paid to have a turbine housing made by precision, but to say its going to be "better than" the APS is plain foolish. No offense devon, but dude. C'mon. I applaud you for making parts. I know APS quality- as a whole- and there's really
No one even close.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Big Reade
Advanced

Wow...I know I've sure seen plenty of people post their bitches and gripes about the APS kits, and I've also seen plenty praise Devin for his upgrades, and how much better the kits perform now with the DKT hardware.

So I would have to say for you to come on and praise a company that is now defunct, and try to downplay Devin for his efforts, makes you seem somewhat petty

Last edited by Big Reade; 11-14-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:55 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
You guys are seriously joking about DKT being better quality than the APS system?

The APS kits built for the C6Z had ZERO issues. Maybe a coupler re-route. Zero issues. No turbo failures. No header problems. Nothing.

The C6 was internal gated. It was just cramped and turbo limited.

The Camaro kit had ****** Chinese turbos. Thats it. If you Made more than 800rwhp, you sucked the inlets shut.

So, to look at the 50+ page APS install docs, and rediculously engineered kits they made- no offense to DKT- he paid to have a turbine housing made by precision, but to say its going to be "better than" the APS is plain foolish. No offense devon, but dude. C'mon. I applaud you for making parts. I know APS quality- as a whole- and there's really
No one even close.
The aps kit was a great kit... I know this, you know this... What is your reasoning for saying the Dkt kit can't be better ? Not attacking you, just asking as you have more experience with the aps kit then I..
Old 11-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Big Reade
Advanced

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
The aps kit was a great kit... I know this, you know this... What is your reasoning for saying the Dkt kit can't better ? Not attacking you, just asking as you have more experience with the aps kit then I..
That was a much better way to put it Ryne, and I apologize if my previous post sounds rash. I just thought that was a pretty brass statement, especialy coming from a supporting vendor.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:59 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

APS did a great job of engineering

Show me what upset people about APS? I've been in this performance
World before incon. I didn't just show up today.

For someone to claim a better kit than the APS, prove to me how it is? Sure, the PTE billet wheeled turbos support more power, but that doesnt make it a better kit? I'm not even sure DKT has a "kit"? He's copied most everything from the APS kit so far, but nothing is cast. Nothing is engineered. Everything is kinda built in a way that emulates the APS system but not even a good copy?
Old 11-15-2013, 12:02 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Ryne, show me the DKT kit. It's not even a kit. You can't buy a kit. You can get some parts! You can get turbos!

You can get a slip manifold that's not cast, and going to do what under 50+ psi back pressure glowing red hot.

But show me the kit. I've yet to see it. Because it only exists in pieces. And pics via text.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Big Reade
Advanced

Well, since I never owned an APS kit, I can't speak on what exactly was the issues, because it's all second hand, but from what I've read, the biggest complaint was sub standard quality parts.

And what would be the issues with taking something that's good, and going through and improving upon what you've found to be an issue? Especially since the company is not producing it any more.

Sorry, I'm new to the forums, in fact, I probably don't belong here, as I am new to performance, and V Tech is still fast to me...

Last edited by Big Reade; 11-15-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:08 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Like I said devon, its not a kit dude. I call A&A, I get a kit in a few days. I call turbo technology, I get a kit in a week or two.

Those are kits.

Yours is not.

You realize your turbos for the Camaro, yes, your turbos only, cost more than the entire kit cost? You sell some turbos, for sure. As for failures, every single failure that came back- which was less than 5%, we're repaired and replaced. Most due
To poor oil.
T
Old 11-15-2013, 12:14 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

APS kits sub standard quality was ONLY on their Camaro kits, and it was cheap Chinese turbos. That's it. 5000$ kit for a 4000$ car. They cheapest out on that for sure.

But those are camaros? This is corvette forum.

Their "quality" issues don't exist. The turbos were true Garrett pieces. The waste gates were true Tial units. The manifolds were thick heavy duty cast. The kit was great. That's my point? You guys all jumping up and down about "improving" on this kit? Short of bigger turbos, what's improved?

Get notified of new replies

To Twin turbo kits

Old 11-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Big Reade
Advanced

Not trying to attack you man, LG has a big name and I can respect that. But for you to make it a personal attack on Devin just because his kit is claimed an improvement really seems like there's something more going on here.

Let's say that the ONLY improvement is the upgraded turbos...is that not STILL an improvement?
Old 11-15-2013, 12:19 AM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
APS kits sub standard quality was ONLY on their Camaro kits, and it was cheap Chinese turbos. That's it. 5000$ kit for a 4000$ car. They cheapest out on that for sure.

But those are camaros? This is corvette forum.

Their "quality" issues don't exist. The turbos were true Garrett pieces. The waste gates were true Tial units. The manifolds were thick heavy duty cast. The kit was great. That's my point? You guys all jumping up and down about "improving" on this kit? Short of bigger turbos, what's improved?
So your soul purpose of posting tonight is to defend a kit that isn't produced anymore?? Do you have stock of original aps kits that you're trying to sell? Not understanding the unprofessional attack
Old 11-15-2013, 12:20 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Because you skirt around. Bigbirdws6. Oh, I bought his car, and took over his screen name. You won't become a sponsor ANYWHERE. Why not?

I just call it like I see it. You don't have a kit. It's a part time job for you almost isn't it?

Quick Reply: Twin turbo kits