C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upp twin turbo c6/z06 official release!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 05:40 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Upp twin turbo c6/z06 official release!!

So as alot of you know, we've been working hard over the last few months developing a TT kit for the C6/Z06, and it's finally done! We've really spared no expense, cut no corners, and designed a full blown kit that's really top notch! This kit was specifically designed with the Z06 and Grandsports in mind, as up until now we haven't had a viable option for them. However, this kit should also fit on the standard C6's as well. For the time being we are going to continue offering our already proven C6 fender-mount turbo combination as a less expensive option as well.

UPP's C6/Z06 Twin Turbo System!

This system is designed as a direct bolt-on to your C6/Z06 corvette and includes everything you need to really make it roar! The system includes:

UPP-5871 Turbos
These are the same tried and true turbos used across the board with all our LS based TT kits. Capable of upto 1100hp, with minimal lag time. However because of the size of the LS7 engine, anyone looking for more than the standard 8-10PSI bolt on (800-850hp), we recommend our upgraded 6182R Ball Bearing Turbos. The 6182R's are good for ~1400hp and provide superior exhaust flow for the higher demands of the large displacement of the LS7. All our turbo lines come with a standard 2-yr Warranty, double what the industry standard provides.

Turbo Manifolds
All of our manifolds are made in-house right here in the USA. All hand welded, Sch10 304SS, complete with back purging ensures these manifolds will stand the length of time, and because of this we back them up with a Lifetime Warranty! All our manifolds incorporate a true 4-1 merge collector, not a formed collector. All of this is coupled to CNC machined flanges that incorporate port design into the flange for increased flow.

TurboSmart Wastegates/BOV
Dual 40mm TS Wastegates- the smallest overall wastegate available on the market, combined with a V-band flange makes these much easier for installation into tight places.

SS Oil Feed/Return
All of our oil lines are full SS line with PTFE (Teflon) inner cores. Not only does this make them capable of running extreme pressures (like Nitrous), they are impervious to oil, fuels, methanol, and majority of petroleum or corrosive elements found in the automotive industry. All with AN fittings makes for ease of installation. Also with this kit we have decided to completely eliminate the oil return pump, and run a straight gravity return style system, eliminating any concern of pump issues (not that we ever had any!). And because the turbos are mounted high enough (compared to under-mount setups) there is no concern for oil backing up into the turbos if you so much as park on too much of a slope....

CNC/Waterjet Parts
Many of the parts on this kit are CAD designed and CNC machined or Water-jet cut to insure proper fitment every-time! From the alternator relocation bracket, to the coil relocation covers, every part has been meticulously designed to ensure proper fitment, function, and beauty.

K&N Filters
Well......because it's important!

MORE POWER!!!!

So how much more power right? Well how about 710whp (+252whp) and 670wtq (+236wtq) on a bone stock LS7, on 91 pump gas! And all this is on only 6.5psi of boost!

With these quick spooling turbos a difference in power can be seen almost instantly (below 2K RPMs), as soon as we started the dyno session.

Much like all the rest of our kits, we've designed this to be as complete as possible. Everything is included right down to the nuts/bolts, even the heat wrap! About all you need to provide is the dyno-tuning as we don't believe in the "cookie-cutter" one-size-fits-all files. Each individual system should be professionally dyno tuned to meet the specific needs of that customer.

Pricing
Retail pricing on this kit is going to be $9,999.99 (+S&H), which is exceptional considering all the kit comes with!

BUT.... For the first 30 days (till the end of August 2014):

SPECIAL OFFER!!!

Because we need to see what market demand is going to be so we can properly adjust our on-hand inventory for the first 30 days we're going to be offering -$1,000.00 off the kit. During this time we anticipate the lead times to be 3-4 weeks (1-2 weeks normally) as we get production scaled up fully. So to reward you for your orders during this time, we're offering the whole kit for:
$8,999.99

Options
In order to try and fit everyone's needs, we're offering some options:

Injector Sizing
All FIC fuel injectors, available in:
60 lb/hr Std
80 lb/hr +$100.00
96 lb/hr +$200.00
127 lb/hr +$500.00
200 lb/hr +$800.00

Turbo Sizing
5871 - 58mm Turbo - Standard
6182R - 62mm Ball Bearing Turbo +$899.99

Heat Coating
+$649.99

We now have ceramic heat coating available! If you're using this in a road-race application, or just have a generally hot climate, this will help keep those under-hood temps in check. Now this isn't just your run of the mill ceramic coating, it's multi coated!
For the manifolds and turbo turbine housing we have a special heat coating for the inside. ~15mil thick, this coating can withstand up to 3000*F, with a 60% reduction in heat transfer! This means less under-hood temps, and faster spooling/more efficient turbos!

But that's not all! We also use a special heat barrier ceramic on the outside of: turbo manifolds, turbo turbine housings, down pipes (both pieces), and the back side of the brake reservoir shield. This causes 25% reduction in heat transfer! And it has a nice grey/bronze tone that retains it's beauty.

So for the manifolds and turbine housings we have a compounded heat transfer reduction of 70%!

Old 08-01-2014, 06:04 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Subscribing for some actual installs, testing, and real world results. Love it though!!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:05 PM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Black covers look way better. Nice looking kit. Be good to see how they go over a 12 month period for any weak links. Congrats guys
Old 08-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 794 Likes on 538 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

The hood is off, guess so everyone can see what it looks like under there...just curious though what do you do to protect the hood from all of the heat generated?
Old 08-01-2014, 07:30 PM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

So is that $9999.99 price for installed and tuned or is that a do it yourself price? At that kind of money I would want someone that knows a lot more than me installing something like this. There's a company offering a pro charger kit installed at almost 1/2 this price, that is one of the reasons why I am asking.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:34 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nice and well developed kit!

What is the max HP this kit can reach and maxed out (with biggest turbo upgrades can fit)?
Old 08-01-2014, 09:40 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by z76232
So is that $9999.99 price for installed and tuned or is that a do it yourself price? At that kind of money I would want someone that knows a lot more than me installing something like this. There's a company offering a pro charger kit installed at almost 1/2 this price, that is one of the reasons why I am asking.
That's just the price for the kit...
Old 08-01-2014, 09:58 PM
0Presence Dist.
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't look to bad!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 10:03 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,341 Likes on 949 Posts

That's just an amazing bit of engineering. Fitting all of that in a dry sump C6 engine bay is, well, several notches north of amazing. An excellent value price wise too. I've kinda sworn off of turbo's, but this rig could sure tempt me. I've never liked the "down under" or wheel well turbo placement. Having them up high is where they belong. Wrap those babies up and heat shouldn't be an issue under the hood. I'm assuming that a set of oil return pumps isn't needed?
Old 08-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Interesting. In for more.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:23 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Interesting. In for more.
This. Nice job guys.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:09 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Too-Fast
The hood is off, guess so everyone can see what it looks like under there...just curious though what do you do to protect the hood from all of the heat generated?
The heat really isn't that big of an issue that we've seen, nor is this the first car to have top mount turbos (our GTO's, Camaros, and new G8 kit do as well). And if in doubt that's why we've sought out the thermal coatings that has a 70% reduction in heat transfer. So with WOT EGT's reaching 1600*F that would drop the heat down to 480*F, which is only slightly more than your car makes now idling. And that's assuming 100% heat transfer through the manifold with 0% airflow. And if one were so inclined they could still add heat-wrap them. With that you could practically touch them directly while making a WOT pull with zero air movement.

Originally Posted by WHITE_SHARK
nice and well developed kit!

What is the max HP this kit can reach and maxed out (with biggest turbo upgrades can fit)?
With the 6182R's should be ~1400hp (and supporting mods of course).

Originally Posted by z76232
That's just the price of the kit. We've offered a less expensive kit for the C6's for years, and at first even that was scoffed at. So this time we decided to go a bit more "high end" with the setup, taking out all the stops, and making a work of art. Comparing this to a centri setup is apples to oranges. Even a $500 nitrous setup can get you the power of FI, but obviously they're not the same thing.

Originally Posted by old motorhead
but this rig could sure tempt me.

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I'm assuming that a set of oil return pumps isn't needed?
No, as I stated above, we've eliminated that portion. We never saw an issue with any of the Turbowerx pumps, but I know alot of people were weary about using them. Some of our other platforms didn't require them, but we used them for ease of install anyways, but we're revising all of those now.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:50 AM
DubsAndSubs
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, that looks mean. Great work!
Old 08-02-2014, 03:53 AM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

good job guys.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:46 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Great looking kit! Any pics of the intercooling pipework? Not very often do you see horizontal flow intercooler on corvettes.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

That top picture has to have the wrong intercooler. Looking at the installed you can see they both come in the bottom and out the top.

When do we get to see it turned up? Pictures with filters on? Was the dyno with filters on? Pictures with hood on? My Si-trim/header car made almost an identical curve at ~6psi so more interested in what this does at 15+ psi since it looks just like a blower curve for now.

Any hot weather testing? My alky control lid, brake fluid lid, etc all melted stuck in traffic on a 118F last summer on a blower car, let alone with exhaust pipes 1" from them.

Was there a reason for using round exhaust ports when ls7 cars are D ports? Just seems like the flange should match the heads.

Where exactly are the wastegates dumping? Does the pipe go down to the ground through the fender or just dumping the exhaust into the fender?
Old 08-02-2014, 11:17 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

I am pretty much set to save for the c7 z06 but man picking up a grand sport and doing this kit is not a bad idea....

Get notified of new replies

To Upp twin turbo c6/z06 official release!!

Old 08-02-2014, 11:52 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Unreal
That top picture has to have the wrong intercooler. Looking at the installed you can see they both come in the bottom and out the top.

When do we get to see it turned up? Pictures with filters on? Was the dyno with filters on? Pictures with hood on? My Si-trim/header car made almost an identical curve at ~6psi so more interested in what this does at 15+ psi since it looks just like a blower curve for now.

Any hot weather testing? My alky control lid, brake fluid lid, etc all melted stuck in traffic on a 118F last summer on a blower car, let alone with exhaust pipes 1" from them.

Was there a reason for using round exhaust ports when ls7 cars are D ports? Just seems like the flange should match the heads.

Where exactly are the wastegates dumping? Does the pipe go down to the ground through the fender or just dumping the exhaust into the fender?
Lots of good questions.
Probably not going to get to see this one turned up, as alot of boost on stock LS7 makes for expensive repairs! lol

I'll post some pics with the filters here soon, didn't realize I hadn't posted any. The dyno was with the filters on, as we just received them that morning and didn't actually have them for the photo shoot.

The tune on this car is really conservative, especially in the low end-peak tq areas. Just being conservative so I don't have to buy this customer a new engine. This car doesn't belong up here at 6K ft in elevation, it's going back to TN where its sea level. So everything I do here is going to be compounded with the pressure difference on his return trip. I even called Spinmonster the night I was tuning it and told him, "I feel like I'm leaving alot on the table", his response was "So, better to be safe and happy at 700whp, than replacing an engine because you got greedy for 800whp". But even so, if you truly overlay this with a centuri setup (especially with similarly aggressive tunes) the mid range tq would be substantially different. We're seeing full boost ~2500-2800, and all the while no parasitic loss.

No "hot" weather testing as you would know "hot"! We don't see 115* temps here.....ever.... But again this is why we've opted for the coating for customers who are in places with extreme conditions.

For the exhaust ports, we're finishing the CAD file on those right now. For this prototype we had the round ports in stock for our other kits and readily available. Our flanges are CNC ported inside the flange so I don't have to crush the piping on the outside to mate to the 'D' port. That's why we posted the CAD drawing (of a 6cyl, surprised no one caught that yet). But they are in the works and will be part of this kit. - Good eye catching that.

For the intercooler, correct, it was the wrong one for the pic, we just needed something to "fill-in". We've had the vette intercoolers redesigned to look/flow better. Now cast end tanks as opposed to sheet metal. The new intercoolers will be much like the old ones in terms of orientation, two in on the bottom, one out on the top. However they look much better and will give a cleaner overall appearance. And with the sloped tanks they should flow a bit more too.

The gates are dumping into the wheel well area, not the fender. Where they exits is way below the actual fender cavity, as it wouldn't make alot of sense to dump into that closed cavity. The wheel well area has alot of airflow, which helps disperse the hot gasses so the heat doesn't concentrate and burn anything.

CK
Old 08-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I really hope this works out.

Here is a 6psi stock bottom end ls7 centri graph for comparison.

Looks like 20-45ftlbs of torque from 2k-5k over the centri setup and about even up top.

Looks like vband on both ends of the downpipes, so how does it tie into the stock exhaust or is some exhaust work needed?
Old 08-02-2014, 01:08 PM
General Lee
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what would one expect the install to cost?

Quick Reply: Upp twin turbo c6/z06 official release!!