C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best battery relocation kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 11:13 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Best battery relocation kits?

I'm looking to relocate my battery on a non Z06 car. Who makes a good kit?

Last edited by usmcpony; 07-04-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:49 PM
bmfvette
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Not sure what your asking here. Z's already have their battery located in the rear. If your moving it from there then you need to be more specific where..

If your looking to relocate your battery to the rear cubby hole from the front, you can either use GM parts which are available (may be one that's hard to find). There's about nine parts and it comes in around $400 if you use GM's battery cables.

Or you can use a few necessities from GM (i.e. vent tube, battery spacer, hold down rod, frame, and brace) along with a generic battery trey and the cost will come in around $50.

As for the battery cables ($200 from GM) just buy a set of good jumper cables. Cut the ends, solder on the correct terminals and call it a day.

You may have $75 in it depending on the quality of the jumper cables you buy.

Hope this helps or was where you were going.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:02 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I used a generic hold down and Accel lightweight battery cable. Simple to do.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:01 PM
staticki
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I had planned on doing a battery location on my twin turbo setup, but just decided to use a Braille battery in the OEM location.

I used the Moroso Battery Cable Kit that comes with 20' of cable. If you are interested, I can make you a pretty good deal on it. I put together the negative side (block to ground) and partially assembled the positive side (starter). Can include the extra terminals I bought and the inline kill switch.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

I put my battery where the Z battery goes, and ran a taylor wire, and a 200 amp circuit breaker.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:52 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude_man
I put my battery where the Z battery goes, and ran a taylor wire, and a 200 amp circuit breaker.
I'm about to do this now too and I would also like to add a circuit breaker too, but I'm having a hard time finding anything over 150 amps rating. Summit has some nice surface-mount Bussmann circuit breakers in stock, but the highest rating they have is 150amp. Can I use one of these in the positive cable going forward, or is that too low a amperage?
Are any of you guys using any other form of battery disconnect?
I'm a little bit worried about running all of that cable forward without some kind of protection in the event of it shorting out somehow.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:59 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by CI GS
I'm about to do this now too and I would also like to add a circuit breaker too, but I'm having a hard time finding anything over 150 amps rating. Summit has some nice surface-mount Bussmann circuit breakers in stock, but the highest rating they have is 150amp. Can I use one of these in the positive cable going forward, or is that too low a amperage?
Are any of you guys using any other form of battery disconnect?
I'm a little bit worried about running all of that cable forward without some kind of protection in the event of it shorting out somehow.
Marine stores have really nice water proof up to 300 amps. I ran my cable down my rocker panels, and used a quality Taylor wire.
The following users liked this post:
CI GS (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 11:05 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Marine stores have really nice water proof up to 300 amps. I ran my cable down my rocker panels, and used a quality Taylor wire.
Thanks Dude. That's a good idea. We have a couple of large marinas which stock a bunch of that stuff here. I'll check that out. I have Moroso 02 gage fine wire cable. I want to run it down the rocker panel too, which is why I want some short protection in the unthinkable event that it gets impacted from the side and pinches the cable in a crash. It guess it's better that we're dealing with a mostly plastic car, though, eh?
Old 07-10-2016, 11:11 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by CI GS
Thanks Dude. That's a good idea. We have a couple of large marinas which stock a bunch of that stuff here. I'll check that out. I have Moroso 02 gage fine wire cable. I want to run it down the rocker panel too, which is why I want some short protection in the unthinkable event that it gets impacted from the side and pinches the cable in a crash. It guess it's better that we're dealing with a mostly plastic car, though, eh?
It's a giant rc car lol I believe summit sells a braided wire loom by the foot, that might work?
Old 07-10-2016, 11:57 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

It's a giant rc car lol I believe summit sells a braided wire loom by the foot, that might work?
Lol. I'm just going to run the Moroso wire and be done with it. I'll check out the marine circuit breaker though, because that is a smart addition, I think.

Get notified of new replies

To Best battery relocation kits?

Quick Reply: Best battery relocation kits?