C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Return Style Fuel System: many questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Evo_Joe
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Return Style Fuel System: many questions

Ok here goes, C6 LS3 w/ ECS 1500 application
Have the main components mostly determined as follows:
LPE passenger side tank block-off L750000103 (I only need pass side if I run ECS bulkhead, right?)
ECS Bulkhead (Size undetermined)
Holley 100 micron pre filter 162-572 (12AN in/out, does it make sense to get ECS bulkhead if I'm running pre filter?)
Holley Dominator 12-1800 (10AN in/out)
Holley 30 amp fuel pump relay kit 12-573
Holley 10 micron post filter 162-570 (12AN in/out)
Holley fuel rails 534-209 (8AN in/out)
Holley fuel pressure regulator 12-848 (10AN in/out 8AN return)
Earl pressure gauge for fpr 100187ERL
LG vacuum manifold sku-2116
Hobbs Honeywell normally open 76575-4
Chevy performance (continental) flex fuel sensor 13577394
Chevy performance flex fuel sensor harness 13352241
1) ok main component wise (excluding hose & fitments) am I missing/forgetting something? Especially electrical, will fuel level sensor etc run ok?
2) does it make sense to just run LPE blockoff on pass only and ECS bulkhead on driver side? Do I need to do anything else to the driver side tank?
3) can I convert stock line to serve as the return?
4) I think I should be ok to run Fragola ptfe hose, what sizes do you recommend and what lengths, as this will greatly affect fittings/adapters needed
5) any words of wisdom you would like to part with

​​​​
Old 11-06-2016, 06:12 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

1. probably--pretty much need hobbs, relay and wire to cover the wiring portion of the system
2. Depends on fuel pressure you want to run. Can't go over 58psi without blocking off the driver regulator also. You're very likely to be over that when in boost
3. Yes, that is what I did. I'll try to dig up some pictures
4. -8 for feed, -6 for return (to connect to and from factory feed that is now your return). I used the same hose. It's stiff as hell so it's a bit tough to work with but not too bad
5. fittings add up... try not to order too much stuff you don't need!
The following users liked this post:
Evo_Joe (11-07-2016)
Old 11-06-2016, 06:22 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Pictures.

This is where stock fuel pump connects to hose that runs to the fuel rail. Disconnect here.

180* fitting with 3/8" female GM adapter connects here. Also the other hose will get a 3/8" male adapter. Factory pump will connect to new feed, other hose will be connected to return on side of tank (ECS bulkhead for you)

Overall system near tank. I have a Y after the pump. New pump and factory pump connect to Y, then output of Y goes to fuel rail

Regulator setup/flex fuel sensor setup. Not ideal to have regulator here but until I get some different fuel rails that was my only real option

Racetronix has this really slick fitting for connecting to the factory line. They have a ton of stuff like this, some if it ain't cheap though.

Last edited by schpenxel; 11-06-2016 at 06:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by schpenxel:
Evo_Joe (11-07-2016), sevinn (11-07-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 09:53 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Pictures.
Are you running any kind of filter, or do you plan to? I'm going to workup a system very similar to this but filter mount location is going to be my main issue (right now I have one mounted in the fender but it's kind of a pain).

I'm going to upgrade the fuel system before I actually buy a blower so I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row. Might just bite the bullet and buy a fore setup.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:06 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

There's a small filter right at the tank to stop any trash from getting to the pump but that's it right now

I need to add a larger/finer filter post-pump but haven't yet gotten around to it yet

Last edited by schpenxel; 11-07-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Evo_Joe
Instructor

1. probably--pretty much need hobbs, relay and wire to cover the wiring portion of the system
2. Depends on fuel pressure you want to run. Can't go over 58psi without blocking off the driver regulator also. You're very likely to be over that when in boost
3. Yes, that is what I did. I'll try to dig up some pictures
4. -8 for feed, -6 for return (to connect to and from factory feed that is now your return). I used the same hose. It's stiff as hell so it's a bit tough to work with but not too bad
5. fittings add up... try not to order too much stuff you don't need!
First off, thanks for your help
1) I should be ok w/ the 30 amp wiring kit for the pump, placing the hobbs on the vacuum block/manifold, and running one of those 15 ft hobbs wiring relay things from Racetronix all the way back to the pump, right?
2) Got it, I'll plan on getting both sides
3) Pics helped, so I remove the original feed and (in my case) attach it to the return on the ecs bulkhead, then use a little bit of hose to run from stock feed location to Y together w/ the feed after the pump/post-filter, right? Is it necessary to do this, (can you leave stock pump to just transfer fuel between tanks and not push fuel thru stock feed location?) what if I just want one of the externals to run always on (not sure if this is smart, but supposedly this Holley is really quiet/doesn't warm up fuel as bad) and just kick the second one on w/ hobbs @ 4psi?
4) Got it, how much do you think you ended up using ballparkish, around 20 ft of 8AN and less than 10 ft of 6AN?
5) Yeap, this I've been warned about, thanks again for your help
Old 11-07-2016, 06:59 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

3. You might could make something weird like that work but I wouldn't bother, just let the stock pump do the work most of the time and the second one for boost. I wouldn't try to reinvent the wheel here.

4. I originally ordered 12 ft of -8 and 5 ft or -6. I cut it really close on the -8 (think I wasted some somewhere along the way) so I'd get an extra foot or two on that. I had -6 leftover so 5 ft should be enough

Racetronix black hose is the same as Fragola's, so I'd order that unless you find fragola hose cheap

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...%2D06B&eq=&Tp=

Last edited by schpenxel; 11-07-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:34 AM
Nooch8it
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running an intank w450 with ecs external pump set up with dual -6 ptfe feed lines and stock line as return. Both stock regulators need to be removed if you plan to go over 60psi boost refrenced with an adjustable fpr. Also add hose clamps to the factory fuel sender hoses as they will leak or fail.
I had two new zo6 sending units fail due to over pressuring, the stock fuel connections leaked huge amounts of fuel.
I now have very stable fuel pressure at any pressure with zero issues.......I lost my stock motor to trusting the stock fuel sending unit.
DOUG @ ECS (11-08-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 09:57 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

We also offer the fuel regulator block off's, along with a complete return style fuel system for those who do not want to chase all the parts down.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:58 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

(for the record, it's a pain in the *** chasing all the parts down.. I have a whole bag of stuff I didn't end up using on mine)
Old 11-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Evo_Joe
Instructor

(for the record, it's a pain in the *** chasing all the parts down.. I have a whole bag of stuff I didn't end up using on mine)
Hey Schpenxel,

Do you still have a list of the fittings you used?
I spoke w/ someone from JEGS and compiled a list of fittings, but didn't take into account angles, I know I'll need more 90* & 180* adapters/fittings.

Basically this is the rundown I've compiled, can you specify angle needed or jegs/racetronix part numbers if you remember:

Start

ECS Bulkhead
Looks like 90* w/ an adapter?

Stock Feed Location
180* w/ an adapter and then another adapter?

Y connection for Stock Feed and Post Pump Feed
665-MP-6288-BLK <- This should work?

Feed line to Rear of Passenger Side Rail
90* -8AN Port to -8AN Hose? Low profile fitment issue?

Crossover in Front of Rails
2x 90* -8AN Port to -8AN Hose?
555-110022 <- will this work?

Return Line from Rear of Driver Side Rail to FPR
90 or 120* -8AN Port to -6AN Hose? Again is there a fitment issue at back of the rails?

Flex Fuel Sensor
Are those quick connect fittings followed by a 90* adapter?

FPR
Did you just use the Return Line straight from the rails to feed into the FPR, then run the out to the FF Sensor, and an additional out to Y back into the line after the FF Sensor?
Could you just run the return line from the FPR to the FF Sensor and then back to the tank, and plug the third port on the FPR?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 11-10-2016, 07:02 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I'll try to put together a parts list this weekend. At the very least you also need a filter and check valve. The angles become very important when trying to squeeze all this in. Some of the union fittings I ordered 3x before I got the right angle

Fuel pressure regulator there are a few ways to do it.. the way mine is isn't ideal. It would be better to run the feed straight to the rail, then connect the Schrader valve to the regulator, plug one side, then connect the outlet to the return line (original feed). That way fuel gets to the rail first, then regulator

Last edited by schpenxel; 11-10-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Evo_Joe (11-16-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 04:22 PM
2007-Vette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We also offer the fuel regulator block off's, along with a complete return style fuel system for those who do not want to chase all the parts down.
Looked on your site and couldn't find this could you possibly link this please sir?

Thanks
Jon
Old 11-11-2016, 04:42 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Call them
Old 11-16-2016, 11:54 AM
Evo_Joe
Instructor

I'll try to put together a parts list this weekend. At the very least you also need a filter and check valve. The angles become very important when trying to squeeze all this in. Some of the union fittings I ordered 3x before I got the right angle

Fuel pressure regulator there are a few ways to do it.. the way mine is isn't ideal. It would be better to run the feed straight to the rail, then connect the Schrader valve to the regulator, plug one side, then connect the outlet to the return line (original feed). That way fuel gets to the rail first, then regulator
This is essentially the set-up I plan to run

Get notified of new replies

To Return Style Fuel System: many questions

Quick Reply: Return Style Fuel System: many questions