C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new fans

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 05:25 PM
maiettar1
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Default new fans

so my stock fan were crapping out along with connectors melting...so seeing how during the summer in slow traffic my a/c wasn't doing that well either, i ordered up the dual fan kit from D3PE. probably won't be able to see what they can really do till summer time. has anyone used this fan kit in the summer already? since the difference in the D3PE and OEM from GM wasn't that far apart i figured it was the better move to upgrade.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:56 PM
greatgonzer
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I am running the D3PE fans and love them so far. Definitely push a lot of air. My temps are noticeably about 10 degrees cooler than with the stock setup with my ECS supercharger. Hopefully that trend will continue this coming summer
Old 02-02-2017, 05:56 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

Is the DP3E kit plug and play?
Old 02-02-2017, 07:48 PM
maiettar1
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
I am running the D3PE fans and love them so far. Definitely push a lot of air. My temps are noticeably about 10 degrees cooler than with the stock setup with my ECS supercharger. Hopefully that trend will continue this coming summer
hey did you have to do any fabrication or adjusting when you installed the fans? with the blower pipe and all being in the way.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:20 PM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Just installed the d3pe. Will know in the next few days how they go
Old 02-09-2017, 02:43 AM
greatgonzer
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by maiettar1
hey did you have to do any fabrication or adjusting when you installed the fans? with the blower pipe and all being in the way.
Yes. Definitely not as straight forward as if I did not have a charge pipe in the way. The fitment was slightly off so I had to trim the top edge ever so slightly on the passenger side top I believe. Also the top drivers-side fan would not fit with the charge pipe. I had to remove one of the four bolts holding the fan to the shroud in order for the charge pipe to clear that fan. I also had to re-adjust how the oil cooler hung just sligtly. All not difficult. Just unexpected. I believe other than that it was pretty straight forward.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:26 PM
adidasUNT8
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
Yes. Definitely not as straight forward as if I did not have a charge pipe in the way. The fitment was slightly off so I had to trim the top edge ever so slightly on the passenger side top I believe. Also the top drivers-side fan would not fit with the charge pipe. I had to remove one of the four bolts holding the fan to the shroud in order for the charge pipe to clear that fan. I also had to re-adjust how the oil cooler hung just sligtly. All not difficult. Just unexpected. I believe other than that it was pretty straight forward.
hey so I'm looking to lower my coolant temps as well. The car heats up at stop lights and substantially more with the a/c on. Would these fans and the stock radiator have noticeable improvement over stock? Thanks in advance

Get notified of new replies

To new fans

Quick Reply: new fans