C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

meth questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 08:42 AM
ChrisUlrich
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Where in the hell do you get your information?
It's not hard to find that information. A bunch of shops, forums, wherever.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:08 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Far more of those same sources will tell you how great the ECS kits are. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to get an ECS kit. I only got an A&A kit because my build was done in CA. Both are great shops that stand behind their products.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:12 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich
It's not hard to find that information. A bunch of shops, forums, wherever.
Funny that you come to a place where people have both the A&A and ECS kits.. and the A&A people are telling you that you're wrong.

Find one on sale (not necessarily used unless it's A&A/ECS reselling it) and buy it. It doesn't matter which kit.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:23 PM
ChrisUlrich
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not saying the ECS is crap or anything. But I've spoken to a lot of shops and a lot of kit owners about the differences.

A looooot of the ECS kit owners kick belts. A friend of mine, who had his kit installed by a very reputable shop, kicked belts allllll the time. I think it was 5 in 18 months and he barely raced the car! Can probably find that on the A&A side, but I haven't read one yet.

I have also heard how the ECS intercooler setup isn't to great.

These things dont don't make the kit bad (although it sure sounds like I'm killing it), just make it slightly inferior. All of the supercharged kits that I've seen all have ECS. They all love it.

I wouldn't have been upset buying an ECS kit.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:29 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

this guy is on glue. I'm running the ECS intercooler at probably >1000hp at the flywheel (907whp) and my intake temps and car cooling are great.

there are thousands of cars with ECS kits running great and the only reason a car with one kit or the other would kick a belt is if the install was done badly and belt alignment wasn't checked. that is the only reason.

there are ECS cars in the 8s in the quarter mile and their stuff is great quality and they have amazing customer service imo. A&A is also great and I have bought tons of stuff from them over the years. It's like comparing mercedes to bmw or something. different but both great
Old 03-23-2017, 01:14 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Any kit installed incorrectly will toss belts.

ECS kit is just as good or better than the A&A. Its a nicer bar/plate core. Just because it doesnt' "look as cool" doesn't mean it doesn't function. I've made well over 1100rwhp on it.

Plenty of A&A cars toss belts.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:10 PM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

My Procharger used to toss belts. Alignment = fixed
Old 03-23-2017, 04:20 PM
gameover4
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

how the f this went from alky control to belt throwing lol back on topic ladies
Old 03-23-2017, 09:31 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich
I am not saying the ECS is crap or anything. But I've spoken to a lot of shops and a lot of kit owners about the differences.

A looooot of the ECS kit owners kick belts. A friend of mine, who had his kit installed by a very reputable shop, kicked belts allllll the time. I think it was 5 in 18 months and he barely raced the car! Can probably find that on the A&A side, but I haven't read one yet.

I have also heard how the ECS intercooler setup isn't to great.

These things dont don't make the kit bad (although it sure sounds like I'm killing it), just make it slightly inferior. All of the supercharged kits that I've seen all have ECS. They all love it.

I wouldn't have been upset buying an ECS kit.
You are dealing with shops that apparently can't do a basic belt alignment. Mine broke one belt.. alignment was off. Fixed it, and literally never had it happen again in a few years and getting close to 50K miles

I'm not saying the ECS kit is perfect, because it isn't. There are things I would change if it were up to me

Last edited by schpenxel; 03-23-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:46 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Even with a new fuel pump and new BAP I still did not have quite enough fuel to be safe and I also was leaning out by 6k rpm. Doug installed the ECS kit that allowed me to drop 2 pulley sizes while keeping afr rich enough, raising octane and cooling things down a bit. Turning the rev limiter back to over 7k where an LS7 belongs.
Basically was able to pick up nearly 100HP from the original eforce setup.
I only need it when I punch it....however, it seems that the light comes on a bit early since the PD blower does its thing even at light throttle. Thats ok it helps IAT lower for when I need power.
If there is a 5 psi switch available might be better. We will see how this really works once Im roasting in summer traffic.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:11 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by speedz06
Even with a new fuel pump and new BAP I still did not have quite enough fuel to be safe and I also was leaning out by 6k rpm. Doug installed the ECS kit that allowed me to drop 2 pulley sizes while keeping afr rich enough, raising octane and cooling things down a bit. Turning the rev limiter back to over 7k where an LS7 belongs.
Basically was able to pick up nearly 100HP from the original eforce setup.
I only need it when I punch it....however, it seems that the light comes on a bit early since the PD blower does its thing even at light throttle. Thats ok it helps IAT lower for when I need power.
If there is a 5 psi switch available might be better. We will see how this really works once Im roasting in summer traffic.
You would be better off running the meth off the maf signal with an eforce.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:59 PM
soldier4life
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Since we're talking of meth, what about running nitrous in conjunction with meth? Anything else needed to do so?
Old 03-27-2017, 01:47 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4life
Since we're talking of meth, what about running nitrous in conjunction with meth? Anything else needed to do so?
No. Depends on the size of nitrous. Your tuner might pull timing. Keep the meth on.

I've run both kits, and tossed belts on both. All due to alignment or a bad aftermarket balancers. Fortunately, my current ECS kit has been aligned properly and never tossed a belt.

As for meth, it's a great addition to these cars. Wouldn't run over 600-650 without one.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:47 PM
gameover4
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

has anyone tried the prometh system? i really like the idea of the tank in back or does anyone know where/picture of the old AIS tank they made that fit in the fender?
might order the prometh tank and ecs kit.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:56 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

I would never want meth in the car with me.

The washer tanks works great. I don't get the hate for it.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:11 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

People complain about the risk for leaks on windshield wiper tank, but I don't really see any risk on C6's. I mean, worst case it leaks and drips methanol on the ground which evaporates in like 5 seconds anyways. Not like it can drip on a header or something

Last edited by schpenxel; 03-28-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:37 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

i would never put the methanol in the passenger compartment. burns clear. watch taladega nights for an example of what can happen.

Get notified of new replies

To meth questions

Old 03-28-2017, 03:18 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

I much rather have meth leak onto the street (which is a non issue if installed correctly) than meth leak into the cabin. Plus in a role over, just what I want is to be covered in fuel.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:15 PM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

I had an M3 with a GT35r on it and water injection. Tank and motor were in the trunk. There was always a lag before injection due to length of the line into the intake. Had to install an accumulator device under the bumper to be sure fluid was available immediately. Check valve and everything. It worked but I still feel the closer the reservoir and pump to the engine the better. I'm sure pumps are better now.

Last edited by TTZ06VETTE; 03-28-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:33 AM
Quick2
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the most part if the pump is leaking. The gaskets are probably bad and the pump is probably 2+ years old, time for replacement.

Quick Reply: meth questions