C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about an ls2 a6 ecs setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 12:34 AM
southspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Thinking about an ls2 a6 ecs setup

So I got rid of my zo6 after having too many problems with it. I've gotten more into drag racing and was gonna build a 4th gen camaro or ws6. But I found a real nice lemans blue 07 a6 car for a nice price bone stock.

After talking to ecs I'm thinking their kit with the stage 1 fuel system and 850cc injectors, an alky control kit, hinson headers and x pipe along with a circle d 3c would be the build and then probably do a cam over the winter.

The goal would be high 9's and very low 10's on stock cam. I realize the 6l80 will not like it a whole lot but the 5th gen camaros around here making 700 or so to the tire are having good luck out of them with a good tune.

So what am I missing from the build? Do I need the stage 1 fuel for my goals or just the bap? Any other input would be appreciated.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:03 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

I would do the ECS Stage 1 system and be done with it. I just bought one to replace my BAP. Also, do the ID850 injectors unless you think you may be switching over to E85 in the future. I would stick with the ID brand in any event though. If you're going to switch to E fuel in the future, then you should just do the ESC E85 stage 1 fuel system, which is upgradeable to beyond anything your stock bottom end can take.
With the right cam, a converter and anything over 10psi, you're most likely going to break into the 9s easily in the right weather and traction.
BUT, make sure that you find the right tuner that knows how to tune the 6L80 trans and use a MAF only tune. Don't let anyone talk you into doing a SD tune because these trans need the MAF to function properly. That's the number one killer of the 6L80 trans, in my view - the wrong tune. It's no good making a ton of power on the dyno with a great engine tune, if your trans can't shift for **** on the track and self-destructs.
Good luck and keep us posted on your build.

Last edited by CI GS; 04-27-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:06 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

And, BTW, I would recommend that you change the crank pulley/dampener to an IW or ATI OD unit, but you could wait until you do the cam swap before you do that.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:40 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Nice build, right in line with we generally do. The car will run 9.7's +- with the stock cam, then drop another half second when you swap it.

I would go with the stg 1 system from the start, then we can deduct the BAP from the purchase, same with injectors.

Thanks for your interest in our products.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:23 PM
southspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

What cooling mods will be needed. It's not a daily driver but I want to be able to drive it whenever I want to and it gets humid as hell down here.

Doug, the cam would be worth that much?

Last edited by southspeed; 04-27-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking about an ls2 a6 ecs setup

Quick Reply: Thinking about an ls2 a6 ecs setup