C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken main/output shaft

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 09:35 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Broken main/output shaft

Well folks I became another casualty of the base tr6060 main/output shaft After breaking in my new clutch, I decided that it was time to test the clutch and make sure everything was fine with the car. Well the clutch works, and to make matters worse the breakage was with my regular street tires while attempting to do my first burnout of the season for my very first pass down the 1/4. This really put things in perspective since I decided to go with a triple disk clutch to avoid getting into the drivetrain for a while. So, at this point I decided the fun is over. Althought this car has been the most reliable performance car, it is the most PITA to work on Car is officially going back to stock and everything will be for sale soon. Pictures for your enjoyment and for others to see what they should expect

Old 06-12-2017, 09:40 PM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Easy fix! Get to work!
Old 06-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Originally Posted by TTBlueZ06
Easy fix! Get to work!
Hahaha transmission and rear end take two!
Old 06-12-2017, 10:04 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Oh just send the whole transmission and rear end to me, I'll take it off your hands
Old 06-13-2017, 12:14 AM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Bummer man. Must be something in the water around here
Old 06-13-2017, 03:38 PM
c6 monkey
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Holy crap, just fix it, quit whining and get back to the track. Everybody breaks stuff it's part of the whole experience. Your just pissed at the car now, it'll pass. You should see mine right now, engine out, car in a million pieces. Eight thousand dollars later chompin at the bit to get back.
​​​​​
Old 06-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Oh just send the whole transmission and rear end to me, I'll take it off your hands
LOL I'm pissed but not enough to be parting out the vette.
Originally Posted by Tech
Bummer man. Must be something in the water around here
Yeah, my friend busted his transmission too.

Originally Posted by c6 monkey
Holy crap, just fix it, quit whining and get back to the track. Everybody breaks stuff it's part of the whole experience. Your just pissed at the car now, it'll pass. You should see mine right now, engine out, car in a million pieces. Eight thousand dollars later chompin at the bit to get back.
​​​​​
I like your way of thinking but money doesn't grow on trees and priorities are shifting. I managed to do mostly everything myself and probably around $8k invested and ran consistently in the 10s in the 1/4 with a best of 10.32@134 while maintaining all the comforts. I like driving the vette and it has spent more time in the garage than being driven due to clutch failure and now the shaft. I'm not as healthy as I used to even though I'm still quite young at 39 years old but with back problems. I am not willing to pay anyone to do the work as I see over and over again the type of people that are out there doing crap jobs and charging up their ****. So yeah, I'm done. It's just not fun anymore.
I may buy something newer and decently fast of the lot and keep it that way and enjoy it.
If you have the cash, drive, energy, health, etc please continue to go at it
Old 06-14-2017, 11:46 AM
c6 monkey
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Unfortunately I can totally relate with the back problems. I hope yours get better with time the way mine did. These cars all hopped up and racing them shouldn't be a priority. I think we get caught up in it and it becomes one. There's no doubt it's addictive. I just hate to see someone coming to their sences, as I am incapable. So for now I'll keep hurling money and time at it as its one of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. I'd be willing to bet you'll miss it and be back in a few years.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Originally Posted by c6 monkey
Unfortunately I can totally relate with the back problems. I hope yours get better with time the way mine did. These cars all hopped up and racing them shouldn't be a priority. I think we get caught up in it and it becomes one. There's no doubt it's addictive. I just hate to see someone coming to their sences, as I am incapable. So for now I'll keep hurling money and time at it as its one of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. I'd be willing to bet you'll miss it and be back in a few years.
I hear you. I know it's addictive but my body and wallet no longer agree with my pace. My back is holding on due to chiro and meds, but there was a time I was getting the injections for pain. As for budget, well I'll be soon retiring from the military and need to ensure that my family is good just in case. I started with mustangs and truly they are my passion. I have a fox body that may become the victim down the road but for now I'm good taking a back seat and coaching my friends as they try to best their ETs.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:47 AM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks just like mine did. Mine went while driving on a canyon road on my regular street tires. Rolled into it in 3rd gear and it quietly ate itself. A Z06 diff, 30-spline shaft, and some custom trans gearing was the consolation prize. I'd look into the latter if you're interested in any high speed events. That ZR1 5th gear was great.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:25 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

ZR1 5th is a winner. There's a huge jump from 4 to 5 on mine
Old 06-19-2017, 09:43 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Well for those looking to upgrade parts: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lternator.html

More still to come with the ECS kit, Alky meth kit, KB bap and Racetronix harness, BTR cam, BTR valve springs kit if someone is willing to use them. I've heard of guys that beat on their car regulary with more aggressive lobes getting 50k miles out of them. I probably have like 15k miles. Also, a drag pack too...

Last edited by Pitufina; 06-19-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Been there done that. Sent it to RPM and had them send me a new one with a 30 spline.

Get notified of new replies

To Broken main/output shaft

Quick Reply: Broken main/output shaft