C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A kit and brake duct

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 11:05 AM
sm0kinvette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A&A kit and brake duct

I am done installing an A&A kit on my c6 but I have run into a little issue with the lower intercooler pipe and brake duct.

Has anyone had any issues with the bov pipe and brake duct not fitting properly?
Old 06-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Can you post pics? How is your intercooler mounted?
Old 06-26-2017, 01:43 PM
sm0kinvette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here.

I tried moving the bov flange but it does clear the brake duct.
Attached Images   
Old 06-26-2017, 04:23 PM
RPOWU8
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I rotated the flange 90 and went under brake duct. Unless your road racing the brake duct wont help much. I have my tranny cooler in there and just removed the duct.

DJ
Old 06-26-2017, 07:18 PM
HouseS2k
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I removed it as well when I went to a Tial bov.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:48 AM
c6moneypit
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default remove the duct

Originally Posted by RPOWU8
I rotated the flange 90 and went under brake duct. Unless your road racing the brake duct wont help much. I have my tranny cooler in there and just removed the duct.

DJ
For the brake cooling duct to be significantly functional you have to install a spindle kit that extends the outlet of the duct with flexible tubing to direct air into the inner veins of the brake rotors, otherwise it just blows air into the general area of the wheel which doesn't help that much. If you really want to make it work, you could also modify the plastic duct by replacing the section near the bov tubing with flexible tubing. But if you aren't running on a road course, those modifications won't have enough benefit to warrant the effort in my opinion. I'd say save yourself the hassle and remove the duct. Save the part if you ever need it later
Old 06-27-2017, 12:57 AM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes i had the same issue on my car, i tried to melt/bend the brake tube, but i actually have my BOV laying flat (parallel with the ground) and i marked the brake duct and notched it so it would fit around the silicone tubing. i have had zero issues with doing this.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:03 AM
c6moneypit
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default another suggestion

Originally Posted by sm0kinvette
Here.

I tried moving the bov flange but it does clear the brake duct.
In case you really want to leave the duct in place... If you actually got the flange for the bov to clear the brake duct as the 2nd picture suggests, you could get this 90 deg silicone tubing and see if you can get the bov to fit. I did that with my setup since I have so much crap in the bumper/fender area there literally was only one spot to squeeze the bov and I had to point the flange up and turn the bov tubing 90 deg to do it. This part did the trick.
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-27-2017, 01:05 AM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

C6moneypits option is better than mine, i should have probably done what he did but i have to botch at least one thing when I'm doing an install

Get notified of new replies

To A&A kit and brake duct

Quick Reply: A&A kit and brake duct