C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my nitrous kit installed, got a few questions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 10:52 PM
emoFTW
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Just got my nitrous kit installed, got a few questions!

Just got my nitrous kit installed about 3 weeks ago, been too busy with work and haven't had time to mess with it yet.

mods:
LS3, BTR stage 4 cam, long tubes, halltech intake.

My first question:
I have an LG Motorsports Catted X-pipe. Will the high flow cats be an issue with 150hp shot? (I have no issue getting rid of the cats, I just didn't want to hack up x-pipe).

2nd:
Car has a dedicated fuel cell. For around a 150-200 shot what kind of fuel should I run in the cell? Will be using a base fuel of 91 octane. Just a cam only ls3 car.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:12 PM
soldier4life
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

1 - you won't have issues with high flow cats

2 - C16 seems popular choice and proven to work well

Last edited by soldier4life; 07-12-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:55 AM
GS_DAN
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I always ran MS109 in the same setup because it was easily available and for some reason wanted to run unleaded. C16 would be fine if not better.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:15 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Good day, the high flow cats will not a be an issue at all when spraying nitrous. As ar as the dedicated supply alot of people will use C16 as it has many more features of protection and power gain over standard 91 Octane.

It is very important to use a fuel flow tool when setting up a dedicated fuel supply to ensure you have actual flowing fuel pressure. our flow charts on our website are flowing fuel pressure. For example if you are wanting to spray a 100 shot the Nitrous side would be a .052N and the fuel at flowing 55psi of pressure ( assuming you are using the high pressure spring in the dedicated) would be a .023 This is a safe starting point and fine fueling tuning will be needed on the fuel side as I stated this is a safe rich starting point. But to ensure you have flowing fuel pressure of 55psi the fuel flow tool is installed in line. You will install the .023 jet on one side of the tool and the other side of the tool hooks inline from the fuel feed line to tool. You activate the pump to flow tool and the side with the Jet you would have pour into a container to catch the fuel. If the pressure is below 55psi you would adjust the regulator to bump pressure up and then once at 55psi you tighten the fuel regulator up and now for sure you know you have the proper flowing fuel pressure.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/special...psi-gauge.html

The last thing you want to be doing is chasing fuel issues and wondering why you are having them. A gauge in the regulator is ok but its not exactly calibrated. It is more really for "do I have fuel pressure yes/no" If you have any questions give me a call my name is Houston 254-848-4300 EXT 109
The following 2 users liked this post by NitrousOutlet:
emoFTW (07-15-2017), FNBADAZ06 (07-14-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 11:47 PM
emoFTW
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
Good day, the high flow cats will not a be an issue at all when spraying nitrous. As ar as the dedicated supply alot of people will use C16 as it has many more features of protection and power gain over standard 91 Octane.

It is very important to use a fuel flow tool when setting up a dedicated fuel supply to ensure you have actual flowing fuel pressure. our flow charts on our website are flowing fuel pressure. For example if you are wanting to spray a 100 shot the Nitrous side would be a .052N and the fuel at flowing 55psi of pressure ( assuming you are using the high pressure spring in the dedicated) would be a .023 This is a safe starting point and fine fueling tuning will be needed on the fuel side as I stated this is a safe rich starting point. But to ensure you have flowing fuel pressure of 55psi the fuel flow tool is installed in line. You will install the .023 jet on one side of the tool and the other side of the tool hooks inline from the fuel feed line to tool. You activate the pump to flow tool and the side with the Jet you would have pour into a container to catch the fuel. If the pressure is below 55psi you would adjust the regulator to bump pressure up and then once at 55psi you tighten the fuel regulator up and now for sure you know you have the proper flowing fuel pressure.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/special...psi-gauge.html

The last thing you want to be doing is chasing fuel issues and wondering why you are having them. A gauge in the regulator is ok but its not exactly calibrated. It is more really for "do I have fuel pressure yes/no" If you have any questions give me a call my name is Houston 254-848-4300 EXT 109

Thank you for that info!!! I was curious as to how I would get he fuel dialed in. I'm actually using a low pressure pump instead of a high pressure one.

Thanks to the rest of the guys for the info as well!

Get notified of new replies

To Just got my nitrous kit installed, got a few questions!

Quick Reply: Just got my nitrous kit installed, got a few questions!