C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSR block input

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 12:32 PM
LethalTT
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Default LSR block input

Well I'm starting my LSX build and now I see this LSR block and its got me thinking...what are yall thinking about this block? Not much information out there on it. Has been "tested" with none being broke yet on some rail cars but no power data or times have been released.
http://www.conceptperformance.com

Last edited by LethalTT; 08-09-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Seems interesting, but so did so many others that came before it (RHS, warhawk, etc).

There is also the Dart SHP block that is becoming popular and seems to hold up well.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:34 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

I'm just glad there are some more options coming out since ERL shuttered. Throw some funds my way and I'll find the limits lol

Last edited by sevinn; 08-09-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Was never a fan or ERL stuff.

That being said, LSX is so proven, and just plain works. I've known several people who messed around with aluminum blocks in big power applications to finally give up and swap to LSX then zero issues. One guy alone on a twin turbo LS application went through 3 ERL setups before swapping to LSX, and now zero issues. Car was ~1450rwhp.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:42 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I think Brian Tooley is building an engine with this block to test.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:45 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by Unreal

That being said, LSX is so proven, and just plain works. I've known several people who messed around with aluminum blocks in big power applications to finally give up and swap to LSX then zero issues. One guy alone on a twin turbo LS application went through 3 ERL setups before swapping to LSX, and now zero issues. Car was ~1450rwhp.
That's fair. I never intend to try to make it to the 4 digit range so I'm hoping I can build an aluminum block when it comes time and make it live. Chances are I'll just throw a decent rotating assembly in my ls3 block though.

Last edited by sevinn; 08-09-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:18 PM
LethalTT
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

This is my second ERL 6 bolt setup and LME is building my LSX next. Will be posting my ERL for sale after Bryan gets it. Comes with 7 pistons!! Lol. Will need a sleeve as well. Im reusing my billet rods and got a billet crank. Setup has around 3k miles on it.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:32 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

LSX blocks had problems with the first design. The cylinders collapsing on some people. But that is all worked out now. My car is getting a build done right now. I went with a Dart SHP, Dart billet center weighted crank and wiseco boostline rods. Only going to have an f1r on it for awhile so I will not be anywhere near the limits of the parts but we will see how it goes.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:30 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Yeah I was one of those guys too. Didn't want to give up my AL block and the ERL held up OK, but I had doughts about turning it up any more etc... Went with an LSX block and it is holding up quite well. I looked at the Dart blocks as we've been running one in Flaco's truck and I do like them. I couldn't justify the extra cash for the LSR AL block and it wasn't released at the time. Got a decent deal on an LSX block, 120lb's to save 2K seemed like a no brainer. But if money is not an issue I'd take the AL block if I felt like it would hold up and it looks promising. GL!

Last edited by inspector12; 08-09-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:17 AM
locosmith
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was it bam bam? Nick Yoskin?

Last edited by locosmith; 10-27-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:10 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Originally Posted by locosmith
Was it bam bam? Nick Yoskin?
No it was not, but if he had a similar issue it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:56 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Ok, here is my thought on this block..

I saw it for the first time last year at PRI after several months of getting to know one of their employees. The block itself is basically an aluminum copy of the LSX, its well engineered. The problem for me was how cocky the guys at PRI from concept performance were. I had many questions that they were unable to answer at the time and they also constantly spouted off about how "tested" it truly was. The bottom line is that at this point the only thing it was really tested in was sand rails based on what they were telling me.

They went on and one trying to convince me that if it can live in a sand rail it can live in anything, this is where the conversation took a turn and the bullshit meter went red. If they truly thought that a 1500-2000lb rail loads that engine anything like a 3000+lb car making 2000hp they have lost their minds.

Needless to say I had a short discussion about "dealer" pricing with them after this and went on my merry way after they told me they wanted $3200 per block and like a 20 block commitment.

This time last year there was a "dealer" for them on the west coast that was selling these blocks for $3600, now all of a sudden they have increased in price like 25-30% and are still unproven in any car making big power or fast passes to the best of my knowledge.

Do I think its a contender and a solid block, hell yea, its well made. But is it proven enough to command a price like that? Not a chance, based on that alone I would buy the Dart aluminum block at this point if that's what I was in the market for.

Just my $.02
Old 12-16-2017, 08:26 PM
Ron Scott
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTBlueZ06
Ok, here is my thought on this block..

I saw it for the first time last year at PRI after several months of getting to know one of their employees. The block itself is basically an aluminum copy of the LSX, its well engineered. The problem for me was how cocky the guys at PRI from concept performance were. I had many questions that they were unable to answer at the time and they also constantly spouted off about how "tested" it truly was. The bottom line is that at this point the only thing it was really tested in was sand rails based on what they were telling me.

They went on and one trying to convince me that if it can live in a sand rail it can live in anything, this is where the conversation took a turn and the bullshit meter went red. If they truly thought that a 1500-2000lb rail loads that engine anything like a 3000+lb car making 2000hp they have lost their minds.

Needless to say I had a short discussion about "dealer" pricing with them after this and went on my merry way after they told me they wanted $3200 per block and like a 20 block commitment.

This time last year there was a "dealer" for them on the west coast that was selling these blocks for $3600, now all of a sudden they have increased in price like 25-30% and are still unproven in any car making big power or fast passes to the best of my knowledge.

Do I think its a contender and a solid block, hell yea, its well made. But is it proven enough to command a price like that? Not a chance, based on that alone I would buy the Dart aluminum block at this point if that's what I was in the market for.

Just my $.02
Record stands at 1600hp
no signs of torsional twist, no funny wear marks in bearings, no broken blocks to date. Look for big numbers this spring as several cars will be using LSR blocks nmca lights out 9.

Get notified of new replies

To LSR block input

Quick Reply: LSR block input