C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with my meth/iat setup.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 11:44 PM
southspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default help with my meth/iat setup.

so I'm installing a ls3 ecs kit on my ls2 car. I ordered an ls3 maf and the caspers harness to make it work. I was gonna just put my meth pre maf and use the iat function in the maf but tune using SD. My kit is used though and has a hole for meth already cut right up close to the throttle body. Should I have that hole welded up and go about my plans or just scrap that idea and get a solid pipe from intercooler to TB and just put an iat in post meth? If I do it that way how do I wire the IAT in?

Last edited by southspeed; 09-22-2017 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:38 AM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by southspeed
so I'm installing a ls3 ecs kit on my ls2 car. I ordered an ls3 maf and the caspers harness to make it work. I was gonna just put my meth pre maf and use the iat function in the maf but tune using SD. My kit is used though and has a hole for meth already cut right up close to the throttle body. Should I have that hole welded up and go about my plans or just scrap that idea and get a solid pipe from intercooler to TB and just put an iat in post meth? If I do it that way how do I wire the IAT in?
Just break out the two IAT wires and use the hole by the throttle body for the individual IAT sensor. It's always good to spray meth on the IAT to tune in a safety margin in case the pump fails or what not.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:03 PM
southspeed
Burning Brakes

man this place has gotten slow.
The following users liked this post:
mlewis100 (11-10-2021)
Old 09-26-2017, 09:17 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

I think it's more the time that you posted. Six gun's response would work fine if you did not want to spend the money for a new duct, but of course a new one would be a cleaner install.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:22 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Could do IAT in intake, after TB, then use the hole that's already there for meth (or the cleaner way like Doug mentioned is to just order a tube with no MAF at all and add whatever you need). I like putting meth as close to the intercooler as I can and the IAT as close to the engine as I can personally

Last edited by schpenxel; 09-26-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:19 PM
darknit
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I run a lingenfelter ls3 maf on my ls2...
Got 2 casper harnesses, 1 breaks out the iat from the maf, and the other converts ls2 maf to ls3 maf...
i drilled and tapped an iat only sensor into the neck of the intake manifold, sensor is in path of meth...
I mounted 2 meth nozzles into the lingenfelter maf housing after maf sensor...
Old 09-26-2017, 03:53 PM
southspeed
Burning Brakes

this looks like the way I'm going. ls3 maf with a capers harness with the iat breakout and single nozzle meth between the maf and the iat.

Get notified of new replies

To help with my meth/iat setup.

Quick Reply: help with my meth/iat setup.