C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 LS2 - 761 Rear Wheel - Thanks Andy and Arun

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Lexicon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Details and Costs

800 hp LS2 Fuel System Costs:
1. Alky Control dual nozzle, SS lines, rear remote tanks. $550 + $50 for 2nd tank and some fittings.
Comments: Got a good deal on the forums for a $1000 system. A single M15 nozzle is sufficient. The pump is in the rear bumper on the driver’s side. Meth is the ultimate fuel system cleaner. With 4.8 gallons the car can do long trips. The plastic push fittings on the pump leaked no matter what so they were replaced with hose and clamps.
2. Fuel Injector Connection 1000CC/95lb@43.5PSI. $540
Comments: These are the type A&A uses and the shop here had no issues. Great customer service. I had a set of FAST I returned as nobody could tune with them. Spend a little here so you keep things at a low duty cycle.
3. ECS type fuel system: About $500.
Comments: The car runs on the stock pump but has a hobb’s switch that kicks on the pump in the left rear wheel well under boost. I got the fitting from ECS and the two SS lines. The fitting is hard to install and the lines are sensitive to how tight they need to be to prevent a leak. There is no return installed and the fuel rails are stock. With the bigger injectors there is plenty of fuel at the pressure limited by the stock unit on top of the fuel tanks.
4. 3 BAR ZR1 MAP: About $55 with wire connector (LS2 to LS3/7)
Comments: This is what allows for the car to be tuned. There are other more expensive solutions. The 3 bar replaces the stock unit on the front of the intake manifold. The stock LS2 TB works great. The MAF is moved as far forward as possible with the M15 Alky in the straight section ahead of the TB. I cut the pipe provided by A&A and made a tool to make a bead on the edge. This requires 1 different silicone coupler from A&A and 2 clamps.

Stock 243 Heads: Never off of the car.
1. Holley tall valve covers $280.
Comments: I was not sure if there would be a clearance issue but did not want to find out the hard way. These clean up the wires and coils. It took 3 months to get them in red.
2. FAST 102 intake $760.
Comments: I got this years ago on sale. I doubt it makes much of a difference when boosted. I ported it myself.
3. BTR valve spring kit w/ titanium retainers $270.
Comments: I bought a tool on Summit and with a little modification it works for taking springs off of LS motors and other heads. BTR had a sale.
4. Yella Terra 1.7 rockers YT6645 $520.
Comments: It took forever for these to come in. Roller rockers are suggested at higher spring pressures. I looked at every option and these have a shaft between each pair. The pedestals are bigger than stock and have a flared base. The install and adjustment was easier than expected and they run quiet. Yella Terra has a great video on how to install and adjust the rockers.
5. Trend dual tapered 4130 pushrods. About $280.
Comments: I think they are 3/8” but due to being dual tapered no clearance work on the heads was needed. The dual taper reduces harmonics and reduces the weight of the rods. These cost more than other straight pushrods but provide for superior stability. I hope this will allow the RPM limit to be raised.
6. CCA Catch Can – on sale $110.
Comments: This can fits off of the front of the head or off of the SC bracket. So far it never has oil in it and it is easy to check and empty.

Exhaust: I am a cheap $*&#
1. Z06 exhaust gaskets $?
Comments: These are necessary when fitting a Z06 exhaust to the 243 heads. The regular gaskets will leak. Ask me how I know!
2. Z06 headders, cats, H-pipe, and NPP mufflers: $500
Comments: I got this off of the forum. For an LS2 this system works great and is a bargain. The biggest drawback is the stock mufflers are HUGE and HEAVY. It is great to have a car that is quiet or loud.
3. AEM Wide band: $80?
Comments: Paid $20 for a local shop to add the bung to the drivers side CAT. Ran everything through he firewall where the hood cable comes through. I cut a hole in the upper left and the gage fits there. Gages are cool but this is the one that is FAST and keeps tabs on AF ratio. Bad AF = Boom.
4. NPP system: about $70
Comments: I made the system myself. There are lots of threads on this mod. I added an SS clicker on the top of the dead pedal, did an add a fuse, got vacuum lines from NAPA, and identified the cheap switch used that can be had at any auto parts store. I like that if the vacuum drops the baffles open automatically.

Drive Train: (ticking time bomb)
1. Stage 3 rear diff $2200 back in 2008.
2. TBD - Dual carbon clutch $2200
3. TBD - Driveshaft and couplers $1100
4. TBD - Maxed out T56 $3000
5. TBD - T56 Cooler – manual switched pump.
6. TBD - Add stock pump to diff and rig a custom cooler.
Comments: The stock clutch will blow before the more expensive stuff does. For now, we just shift REALLY SLOW! I thought the car would hit 650 hp so that only the clutch and cooling would be necessary.

Pictures available if requested!
Old 10-29-2017, 07:55 AM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Something is 100-150 RWHP off there..
Yup! Doug made more than that with my LS2 on the ECS baby cam and 3lbs less boost.

760/643. Pump gas, single nozzle meth. And I asked him to keep it somewhat conservative in the tune.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:02 PM
Lexicon
Racer

Originally Posted by BoosTTed C6
Yup! Doug made more than that with my LS2 on the ECS baby cam and 3lbs less boost.

760/643. Pump gas, single nozzle meth. And I asked him to keep it somewhat conservative in the tune.
How many lbs of boost? I want to bump the rev limiter but it is at 11.5 at 6500. I expect it will make 13 lbs on a stock bottom end.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:45 PM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

where did you get springs and retainers for $270? titatium, right?
Old 11-11-2017, 01:16 PM
LSX228R
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

On the Mustang dyno that I use these setups are all 700 or under lol. Saw a few right at 650-660 on dyno day this year.

Last edited by LSX228R; 11-11-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:18 AM
Lexicon
Racer

I got the btr dual spring kit as an open box clearance. Saved so I could spend on other upgrades.

Quick Reply: 2007 LS2 - 761 Rear Wheel - Thanks Andy and Arun