C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRY kit for my LS7 Z06 talk to me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 10:04 PM
Undecided07
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Billy & the guys at MTI built the IAT tricker on my car & it has worked flawlessly. I've got a stock bottom end car that we have pushed fairly hard without even a single hiccup. I've sprayed anywhere from 75-200 hp shots through it for a couple of years on the dyno, street, & track. Alot of the timing boxes out on the market are really cool devices, but are overboard in features for an average guy that wants to put a small single stage kit on the car & go play, plus its hard to argue the price in comparision.
The following 2 users liked this post by Undecided07:
Billy@MTI (12-20-2017), Mikiez06 (01-04-2018)
Old 12-20-2017, 12:35 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

We have done a bunch of these. Works great!!

Originally Posted by Undecided07
Billy & the guys at MTI built the IAT tricker on my car & it has worked flawlessly. I've got a stock bottom end car that we have pushed fairly hard without even a single hiccup. I've sprayed anywhere from 75-200 hp shots through it for a couple of years on the dyno, street, & track. Alot of the timing boxes out on the market are really cool devices, but are overboard in features for an average guy that wants to put a small single stage kit on the car & go play, plus its hard to argue the price in comparision.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:46 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

So, I got this done over the weekend. I built a relay box that houses my IAT relay and my nitrous solenoid relay. I used a NOS dual stage WOT/RPM window switch to activate both relays. Once activated, the IAT drops, timing is pulled, and fuel is added within ~25rpm.

We started off adding 10% fuel to the IAT vs Injector tables and pulled -7 degrees. Fuel was pretty much spot on and with the other multiplier tables, only -5 degrees was being pulled. Backed it off another -2 (-3 degrees total) degrees and called it good. Left it a little conservative but it's safe. These values are just a starting point since you're not running the same injectors and base timing settings I am.

On a 50 shot, with e85, I picked up 54whp and 42wtq. My nozzle placement is pretty far away from the MAF so TQ is low. As it is now, I get a smooth transition and it feels like a boosted powerband instead of a hard hitting nitrous shot. Going to experiment with nozzle placement next and up the shot to a 100 pill.
The following users liked this post:
Mikiez06 (01-01-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Mikiez06
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Undecided07
So you spray a dry kit ? thanks
Old 01-04-2018, 03:15 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Yes he does.

Originally Posted by Mikiez06
So you spray a dry kit ? thanks
The following users liked this post:
Mikiez06 (01-09-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 03:16 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Nice!!!!

Originally Posted by jayyyw
so, i got this done over the weekend. I built a relay box that houses my iat relay and my nitrous solenoid relay. I used a nos dual stage wot/rpm window switch to activate both relays. Once activated, the iat drops, timing is pulled, and fuel is added within ~25rpm.

We started off adding 10% fuel to the iat vs injector tables and pulled -7 degrees. Fuel was pretty much spot on and with the other multiplier tables, only -5 degrees was being pulled. Backed it off another -2 (-3 degrees total) degrees and called it good. Left it a little conservative but it's safe. These values are just a starting point since you're not running the same injectors and base timing settings i am.

On a 50 shot, with e85, i picked up 54whp and 42wtq. My nozzle placement is pretty far away from the maf so tq is low. As it is now, i get a smooth transition and it feels like a boosted powerband instead of a hard hitting nitrous shot. Going to experiment with nozzle placement next and up the shot to a 100 pill.

Quick Reply: DRY kit for my LS7 Z06 talk to me!!!