C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single turbo ls2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 05:21 PM
SteveSierra
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Single turbo ls2?

hi guys I’m looking to get my ls2 single turbo’d.
How would the ls2 block hold up to the extra power?
Old 01-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Ant-Man
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeppppp you'll be fine way less stressful on the internals than a blower.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:51 AM
SteveSierra
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Really, I always thought a turbo was more strain as it’s sudden power whereas blower is smoother constant power
Old 01-11-2018, 11:46 AM
Ant-Man
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveSierra
Really, I always thought a turbo was more strain as it’s sudden power whereas blower is smoother constant power
I'm no means an expert but I did a research as well and a lot of people said the turbo comes into power smoother and it easier on the internals since there's not a belt attached to it causing more tension on it. I know it's especially true for coyote motors and that's how their opgs get damaged most times.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:45 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Having put together and tuned more than a handful of LS2 Twin Turbo cars I say you have nothing to worry about. If you're open to the idea of twins we have the perfect kit for you!
http://uppturbo.com/parts/upp-c6-cor...win-turbo-kit/

If you're interested we'd be more than happy to talk to you about installing and tuning it. Just give me a shout!
Old 01-11-2018, 02:59 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Biggest thing is you aren't using power from the crankshaft to turn the blower when running a turbo setup. It's mostly driven by heat that would have been wasted otherwise, so it's more efficient. Same amount of cylinder pressure is going to end up make more power at the wheels on a turbo setup because none of that energy is being used to spin the blower. There's still exhaust back pressure on turbos, etc., so it isn't like 100% free power but turbos are def. more efficient than blower setups.

My point is you can basically have lower cylinder pressures on a turbo setup (which should be easier on the motor) and still make the same amount of power. On a supercharged setup you'd have to make some extra to cancel out the power you're using to spin the blower.

I'd say a PD blower is probably the closest thing to sudden power that you can get on these cars. They'll make max boost pretty much instantly at about any RPM. Centri's only make like 1/2 of max boost at 2/3 of max RPM. So if you see 15psi at 6K RPM's you might see 7.5psi at 4K.

Turbos do make a ton of torque down low, just have to keep it under control with a boost controller of some sort. It's fun having the flexibility turbo setups offer though, IMO anyways. Packaging has always kind of sucked in C6's, just not enough room to easily add turbos.

Last edited by schpenxel; 01-11-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:39 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

hi guys I’m looking to get my ls2 single turbo’d.
How would the ls2 block hold up to the extra power?
And just how much extra power would that be ?

Get notified of new replies

To Single turbo ls2?

Quick Reply: Single turbo ls2?