C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible fuel solenoid failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 06:34 PM
MikeSVT04
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Possible fuel solenoid failure

Long read. Fyi

Went to the Dyno to get a retune after a dedicated fuel system install. First time activating the system this year. (System is only one season old).

Made a test hit on the Dyno and she leaned out bad. We traced the fuel pressure drop to the nitrous fuel solenoid.
Unhooked the dedicated fuel hose from the fuel solenoid and perfect pressure coming from the hose. Fuel comes out like crazy.

Hook it back up and take the fuel hose off the plate and activated the solenoid (it clicked). The fuel just dribbled out of the hose.

I unhooked the solenoid and put it directly to battery power and it clicked. I look through the fuel port and notice the plunger only moves maybe an 1/8 of an inch, leaving the port only partially open.

​​​​​this didn't look correct to me, but can anyone tell me if the plunger opens the port fully? I just don't see how fuel can make it out of such a small opening.

I called the company and they told me to send it in. So I did.

I took a video of the plunger. If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm and I'll text the video to u. In the meantime I'll try and see if I can upload to YouTube.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Last edited by MikeSVT04; 05-17-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Possible fuel solenoid failure