C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force or Magnuson Heartbeat

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 02:25 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default E-Force or Magnuson Heartbeat

Getting ready to pull the trigger on either a E-Force or Magnuson Heartbeat. Anyone care to share the pros or cons of each system before I make this jump.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:38 AM
ls1wolf
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

Both great kits. I’ve always used Magnuson and they are amazing to deal with. I also prefer thevlooks if the heartbeat too
Old 11-18-2017, 09:00 PM
camsvette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bad1968ss
Getting ready to pull the trigger on either a E-Force or Magnuson Heartbeat. Anyone care to share the pros or cons of each system before I make this jump.
I have the eforce on a ls2 vette. The torque on them is insane. Not as familiar with the Magnuson however I am not dissapointed with the eforce kit what so ever
Old 11-18-2017, 10:00 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

I am still in the fence on either one, I also tend to factor in future problems that may or may not occur. Such as upgrades, used/new parts, rebuilding and and so on. I do however prefer the looks of the lid cover on the heartbeat but I can not base my buy on looks alone and looks are in the eye of the beholder. So far from my research and still reading up when I can.
E-Force pro's:
1. less modification from factory to install and to revert back to stock
2. provided coil covers for cleaner looking install at less expense

Magnuson Heartbeat pro's
Old 11-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

I went went with the HB based on the CAC design reviews, and lower reported IAT's. But I think that the E-Force has a better IC Hx.
No regrets here...
Old 11-19-2017, 09:57 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Both seem to be good units. My eforce was great. Never had a HB.

I like the HB look but would go eforce because it’s clearly more upgradable. We all want a bit more eventually !!
Old 11-19-2017, 12:22 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Both seem to be good units. My eforce was great. Never had a HB.

I like the HB look but would go eforce because it’s clearly more upgradable. We all want a bit more eventually !!
I like the double roll look on the HB lid but leaning towards the E-Force. If a used system pops up at the right price before the end crazy day sales than either will do.

Last edited by XX; 11-19-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:41 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

So nobody has any further experience or data on a comparison between the two?
Old 05-06-2018, 03:20 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

They both use Eaton TVS2300 rotor packs. No difference there. Probably either will do you a fine job. I've had three Magnuson TVS2300's that have served me well. One crapped out after "only" 250,000 miles. Didn't run the others that far.

Have never owned an EForce. Only thing I can tell you is what my tooner told me. He mentioned that he didn't have to wait much between dyno pulls for cooling with the Heartbeat...where he did have to wait with the EForce. That would matter to me. It may not to you.

I probably won't supercharge my current C6 because I'm an old fart and my reflexes probably can't keep up with that kind of power any more. If I did, I'd have a Heartbeat on the way.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:30 PM
scottg
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
They both use Eaton TVS2300 rotor packs. No difference there. Probably either will do you a fine job. I've had three Magnuson TVS2300's that have served me well. One crapped out after "only" 250,000 miles. Didn't run the others that far.

Have never owned an EForce. Only thing I can tell you is what my tooner told me. He mentioned that he didn't have to wait much between dyno pulls for cooling with the Heartbeat...where he did have to wait with the EForce. That would matter to me. It may not to you.

I probably won't supercharge my current C6 because I'm an old fart and my reflexes probably can't keep up with that kind of power any more. If I did, I'd have a Heartbeat on the way.
Think you would do just fine Rodney
Old 05-16-2018, 05:37 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Update since I haven't posted as to witch direction I went. I ended up getting the e-force 544hp kit with a 3.50 pulley and a z06 fuel pump and doing my own install. In hindsight I wish I would have done a cam swap, fuel pump, injectors, headers and a pulley swap at the same time of the install. I am running the can tune that came with the kit and have not tackled the fuel swap to down size the pulley as of now. Having the original tires with 2,500 miles on then didn't have any grip before the install wouldn't help after the install. Having said that I have to make judgements on the e-force from a rolling start that I hate doing. I get my thrills from a dead stop as in running the 1/4. For my liking coming off the line I need grip so I need to find better tires, a6 with 2:73 if some are wondering. Getting into it from a rolling start I am not impressed with the 544hp kit, my first reaction was gee that's it - a lot of money for little gain. The install wasn't all that bad to do even though it was done without a lift. I have been contemplating the z06 fuel pump-pulley upgrade since day one and haven't done it with the lack of having a lift so a lift is also on my list of wants. I didn't install the heavy weight covers but here is a pic of one of the cars some has said would be better off parted out.
Attached Images  

Last edited by XX; 05-16-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:54 AM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

I'd go heartbeat of the two.

Get notified of new replies

To E-Force or Magnuson Heartbeat

Quick Reply: E-Force or Magnuson Heartbeat