C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A year in my APS A6 C6 LS2 :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 12:55 PM
C5-Bender
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default A year in my APS A6 C6 LS2 :)

Just a story of my year in my TT C6
Haven't been very active in here lately.
Mostly because i bought a finished built car last year and only had minor issues.
But i guess you have missed me these last 10 years or so, hehehe :P

My first issue was severe oil smoke after winter storage!
This issue returned after every time the car was parked for more than a week.
The solution i have used for this was a timer relay on the scavenge pump and solenoid on oil feed line. It now is powered 20-30 sec after ignition is turned off.
Havent noticed oil smoke after this mod, but maybe too early to tell for sure.

Second issues occurred after a week long roadtrip from Norway (with strict speedlimits) down to the Italian/French riviera through German autobahn with NO speedlimit. 5200km/3231miles.
First off i noticed that it was limited to only 300/186 kmh/mph Very frustrating as it pulled hard until limiter.
Raised to 400/248 now...
The left rear side lamp blew off on top speed with a terrible noise, when it was hanging in the wires for a second or so! Thought i blew the engine or something...
The new lamp(s) is now secured with tie strips.
I also had some issues with gearing in high speed, as it would not shift up in wot. Had to let off the throttle and coast, shift, and then floor it again.
Luckily i had power to hold off the competitor, hehe.
Jaguar F-type R 550hp, AMG GTS 510hp, BMW M4 are the ones worth mention who tried to catch me. The Jag was my cousin, the rest local heroes in Germany.
I believe i found the problem in the tune, but haven't been able to test it back in Norway.
Just bought the HP Tuner MPVI2 and is learning by doing.
Just received a nice selfie taken from the roadside by the German authority.... Do not know the amount the photographer wants yet...! (They do have speedlimits on some roads there as well)

All in all the APS kit is a very good kit!
I run 10 psi on stock engine except rockers and valvesprings.
6L80e with CircleD stage1 upgrade.

Quick Reply: A year in my APS A6 C6 LS2 :)