C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caspers Electronics BAP wiring kit replacing Racetronix wiring kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Caspers Electronics BAP wiring kit replacing Racetronix wiring kit

You know ... there is something real wrong with the Racetronix company up in Canada.

I am installing a Heartbeat SC and a Kenne Bell BAP in my 2011 GS. I called Texas Speed and was told that there Racetronix fuel pump wiring harness were out of stock, and they have no idea as to when they will ever get anymore from Racetronix.

So, I ordered the BAP and the Racetronixs harness a couple of weeks ago from TPS Motorsports .... Well, the BAP in in the mail, but when I checked on the Racetronix harness, I was told by TPS Motorsports that they can't get any communication with Racetronix to order it (they won't answer emails either). .... so I cancelled the Racetronix harness order with TPS Motorsports

However, luck might be on my side ... Texas Speed told me that Caspers Electronics in Colorado make a similar kit that is priced cheaper ... $49 with free shipping vs $70 + shipping for the Racetronix kit.

I am calling Caspers in the morning to confirm, but I think there kit is just the same .... And what's nice about Caspers is that they have it in stock, and they answer there phone !

What the hell is Racetronix's problem ???

Anyway, here is the link to the Caspers kit: http://www.casperselectronics.com/ca...scription=true

Old 10-08-2018, 08:20 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

BTW ... Here is the installation instructions for the Caspers C6 Corvette fuel pump wiring harness ...

http://www.installationinstructions.com/102154.pdf

Last edited by Turbo6TA; 10-08-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:58 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Don’t know anything about TPS motorsports, but I can tell you that when I ordered my harness from Racetronix, they had that sucker out of the door the same day. I had the damn thing in my hand within 48, and they’re in Canada and I’m in the Caribbean. So idk if the problem is with them, but that doesn’t accord with my experience. But, who knows, maybe they’re the victims of their own success and just can’t make enough of these things...
Caspers is a reputable company though, and that picture looks pretty much identical to the Racetronix harness.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:36 AM
BT03mach-1
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought the casper 1st then replaced it with Racetronix. The race Racetronix has a thicker gauge hot wire.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

BT03mach-1 ... Thanks for mentioning that.

I just looked at both the Racetronix and the Caspers wire harness specs, and I see that the Racetronix uses a 10 gauge feed wire while the Caspers uses a slightly thinner 12 gauge feed wire.

In the OEM factory installation, I wonder what gauge feed wire is used (14 gauge) ?
Old 10-09-2018, 12:31 PM
BT03mach-1
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't remember. I pop 2 fuses when the BAP would come on so I swapped to the Racetronixs and never popped another one. I did use a bigger fuse so I have no proof the gauge of the wire solved the problem. 12 gauge maybe fine.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
You know ... there is something real wrong with the Racetronix company up in Canada.

I am installing a Heartbeat SC and a Kenne Bell BAP in my 2011 GS. I called Texas Speed and was told that there Racetronix fuel pump wiring harness were out of stock, and they have no idea as to when they will ever get anymore from Racetronix.

So, I ordered the BAP and the Racetronixs harness a couple of weeks ago from TPS Motorsports .... Well, the BAP in in the mail, but when I checked on the Racetronix harness, I was told by TPS Motorsports that they can't get any communication with Racetronix to order it (they won't answer emails either). .... so I cancelled the Racetronix harness order with TPS Motorsports

However, luck might be on my side ... Texas Speed told me that Caspers Electronics in Colorado make a similar kit that is priced cheaper ... $49 with free shipping vs $70 + shipping for the Racetronix kit.

What the hell is Racetronix's problem ???
You can purchase this product direct via our web store:
https://www.racetronix.biz/product.asp?ic=fpwh-008

Our web store shows real-time stock status.
If you have problems with our web store you can call us during business hours 905-477-7104.
We were closed for Thanksgiving yesterday 10/8!

TPS is not a Racetronix dealer so we have no idea why they would offer you our products.
We have plenty of dealers who sponsor this forum and LS1TECH.
WS6 Store
Lonnies Performance
Tick Performance
A&A Corvette
and dozens of others.

Caspers is not a CF or LS1TECH sponsor.

Last edited by Racetronix; 10-10-2018 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:15 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I've ordered multiple times from racetronix website and never had issues.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:17 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Cant comment about that specific item, but I've been dealing with Caspers since the 90's...they make great products.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Well, I guess I am eating my words here .... I just got a call-back from Racetronix. The man I talked to was very pleasant on the phone and was willing to take my order.

However, I told him that I already ordered a fuel pump wire harness from Caspers Electronics.

Oh well ....
Old 11-11-2018, 07:58 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I have used the Racetronix harness on several Vettes, great products. The last one I ordered last year took a little long to ship out, that was the only issue that I have had.

Get notified of new replies

To Caspers Electronics BAP wiring kit replacing Racetronix wiring kit

Quick Reply: Caspers Electronics BAP wiring kit replacing Racetronix wiring kit