C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Transmission Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 11:04 AM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
A cooler, overfill it by one quart, and a good tune and it will live for a long time.
realcanuk, do you think this is all it would take to have an A6 live behind a stock engine with a supercharger(under 600rwhp)? I've been doing some searching and reading on some of your old posts and it looks like you have had a long road of broken parts and rebuilds to get where you are at now.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:45 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by mn_vette
realcanuk, do you think this is all it would take to have an A6 live behind a stock engine with a supercharger(under 600rwhp)? I've been doing some searching and reading on some of your old posts and it looks like you have had a long road of broken parts and rebuilds to get where you are at now.
A lot of things have changed in the way we tune these trans now. My stock trans burned the clutches after about 100 runs at the track, but the tuning was bad, and I had no cooler. After that I learned to tune myself and how to make them live. Many guys running with much more power than that on stock 6L80s that last for a long time.
Whatever you do, make sure the tuner knows these transmissions.. and doesn't remove all the torque management, which is what kills them.

Its normal to break parts at the racetrack until you find and upgrade the weak links. On the street I have never broken anything, even now with 1000 rwhp.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:34 PM
harleyreb1
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
A lot of things have changed in the way we tune these trans now. My stock trans burned the clutches after about 100 runs at the track, but the tuning was bad, and I had no cooler. After that I learned to tune myself and how to make them live. Many guys running with much more power than that on stock 6L80s that last for a long time.
Whatever you do, make sure the tuner knows these transmissions.. and doesn't remove all the torque management, which is what kills them.

Its normal to break parts at the racetrack until you find and upgrade the weak links. On the street I have never broken anything, even now with 1000 rwhp.
what trans cooler and install method do you recommend? I am about to hit mine with 700+ and plan to do mostly texas mile and half mile events.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:39 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Do a search. There are multiple threads on the topic.

Quick Reply: C6 Transmission Question