C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Meth, looking for reccomendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 05:03 PM
VVVROOMTX
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Adding Meth, looking for reccomendations

Looking for recommendations for a good meth system with a tank i can remote mount in the trunk that has a level sensor to let me know when the meth level is low. I was thinking of the Devils Own meth kit but open to other options.

Im also adding a new charge pipe and doing an IAT breakout kit for proper IAT readings
Old 01-09-2019, 10:44 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

I went with AEM. I spent lots of time doing research and I have ran a DO kit a few times in the past. I really like the AEM controller and nozzle holder setup and think it's priced quite reasonably for what you get. They have a version with the MAP sensor built into the controller and you run a vac line to it inside the cabin, or a multi input one that you can tap a wire into your MAP or MAF or even injector for duty cycle based control.

For each version they sell one with a 1 gallon tank or no tank. You might have to shop around and bit more and buy separately if you want to get a specific tank or a bigger one, etc.

I have the multi input one and I'm just going to tap into my 2 bar MAP.

If you mount the tank in the trunk make you sure also install a solenoid close to the nozzle.

https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...soline-engines

Last edited by aaronc7; 01-09-2019 at 10:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
VVVROOMTX (01-10-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 10:59 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

Alkycontrol.

Not much else to say.
The following users liked this post:
VVVROOMTX (01-10-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Ally Control is great, but uses the windshield washer fluid tank. Pro Meth offers a trunk-mounted tank option.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:32 AM
bumpin96monte
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
Ally Control is great, but uses the windshield washer fluid tank. Pro Meth offers a trunk-mounted tank option.
What's wrong with using the WW tank? Personally I'd rather have it there than inside the car with me.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:40 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Nothing is wrong. That's what I use, but the OP was looking for trunk options. Personally, I like keeping it out of the car as well, but you will need to replace the grommet at the bottom of the tank at some point to avoid it leaking.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:41 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Good point I totally missed the trunk mount part, I guess the next question is who’s doing the install? I’m a beginner and got alkycontrol done(with assistance) but it’s not a bad install, how difficult or easy is the Pro Meth install? Maybe price points as well? Single or dual nozzle?

I’m pretty sure alkycontrol sells a trunk mount now as well or if it’s not a trunk mount it’s another tank that goes in the engine bay so you keep the WW tank.

Last edited by 73DBG; 01-10-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:52 AM
VVVROOMTX
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
What's wrong with using the WW tank? Personally I'd rather have it there than inside the car with me.
I just know that the sensor in the tank isnt made for high concentrations of meth and can be damaged by it, also the tank will leak eventually.

Nothing is wrong. That's what I use, but the OP was looking for trunk options. Personally, I like keeping it out of the car as well, but you will need to replace the grommet at the bottom of the tank at some point to avoid it leaking.
Why dont some people like the tank in the rear cubbies? fumes?

Originally Posted by 73DBG

Good point I totally missed the trunk mount part, I guess the next question is who’s doing the install? I’m a beginner and got alkycontrol done(with assistance) but it’s not a bad install, how difficult or easy is the Pro Meth install? Maybe price points as well? Single or dual nozzle?

I’m pretty sure alkycontrol sells a trunk mount now as well or if it’s not a trunk mount it’s another tank that goes in the engine bay so you keep the WW tank.
A shop is doing the install, not sure about single or dual nozzle, im SBE and already 800+ so not looking for adding a bunch of power, just the extra octane and cooling.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:58 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VVVROOMTX
I just know that the sensor in the tank isnt made for high concentrations of meth and can be damaged by it, also the tank will leak eventually.

Why dont some people like the tank in the rear cubbies? fumes?

A shop is doing the install, not sure about single or dual nozzle, im SBE and already 800+ so not looking for adding a bunch of power, just the extra octane and cooling.
well man meth is gonna add a decent amount of power....be careful 😬 not sure what the specific reason for not using the trunk mount location, I got a good deal on the alky kit and heard it was the way to go so I jumped on it. I also know if your somewhat meth dependent the trunk location is going to hold as much as the washer tank, I haven’t had mine on long so I don’t have good info on how much I use, at the moment I just top it off every time I go out for “fun”

Last edited by 73DBG; 01-10-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:05 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Sounds like our situations are different not sure what fuel system your running and I’m guessing your gonna run 50/50?
Old 01-10-2019, 11:14 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

Many on here will blindly parrot that alky is the best and I can't help but see their kit as outdated. Their controller is not nearly as intuitive as the others and components such as nozzles are eh (they use what appear to be same nozzles that I used on my DO kit in 2008). Not that it's bad, but many others have continued to update and improve their product. Their selling point may be a true plug n play application for these cars, to include the right length braided SS lines etc.

You can definitely cobble together something on your own, you don't have to conform to one brand/kit. I would get the controller/pump main components from a brand but nothing says you can't use another's nozzles or misc fittings if it will work for your install.

I did trunk mount in a hatchback and yes the fumes are a problem. You really need to vent the tank outside like a fuel cell would. If you are purely looking for safety/protection, you could run just water or a lower alcohol content and in cabin fumes may very well not be an issue. Water is going to be the best thing to keep your pistons and combustion chamber cool too.

Single nozzle vs dual nozzle... they sell tons of nozzle sizes. What you need to figure out is how much volume of liquid you need and then get appropriate sized jets. The reason for going to dual is because once you get to a huge jet, atomization sucks. You generally don't want to go larger than 15 gph (M15) for a single nozzle, so if you go above that, go to 2 x M10s or whatever. Also depending on your water/meth content, you will have different volume requirements. Water alone you will want way less volume than pure methanol-- too much water and it will be counter productive and you'll just lose a bunch of power. Talk to your tuner and go from there would be my advice. 15 gph on a 50/50 mix would probably be a good amount for your setup as a starting place.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:54 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

more than a few have burned to the ground with the leaking ww tank and plastic lines.check out the 2 cars at COTA that experienced this a while back.I would prefer a real fuel cell with stainless lines mounted in the cubby.there is no smell of fumes in cabin with the original AIS fuel cell mounted in cubby, that is now sold by others

Last edited by irok; 01-12-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:57 AM
bumpin96monte
Instructor

For those asking why not the cubbies, my reason is that I dont like the idea of being in the same compartment as a fuel container. I'm just imagining getting rear ended pretty bad, that tank breaking and covering the interior in meth.

I run mine in the WW tank for about 3 years with no leaks or issues. If it ever did have issues, I'd probably just mount and aftermarket tank in its place. Just my personal opinion though.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:24 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

For those asking why not the cubbies, my reason is that I dont like the idea of being in the same compartment as a fuel container. I'm just imagining getting rear ended pretty bad, that tank breaking and covering the interior in meth.

I run mine in the WW tank for about 3 years with no leaks or issues. If it ever did have issues, I'd probably just mount and aftermarket tank in its place. Just my personal opinion though.
my thoughts exactly, mine isn’t a daily so if the tank does start to leak I’ll just replace and upgrade as needed.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:30 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by irok
more than a few have burned to the ground with the leaking ww tank and plastic lines.check out the 2 cars at COTA that experienced this a while back.I would prefer a real fuel cell with stainless lines mounted in the cubby.there is no smell of fumes in cabin with the original AIS fuel cell mounted in cubby, that is now sold by others
what plastic lines? That would be a deal breaker for me if the kit had any plastic lines it was pushing meth through....just my opinion though.

Last edited by 73DBG; 01-13-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:18 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

supply lines from the ww tank
Old 01-13-2019, 06:40 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by irok
supply lines from the ww tank
No plastics lines on the alky kit.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:06 PM
bumpin96monte
Instructor

Yeah, I'm confused about that too, I didn't have any bare plastic lines in my Alkycontrol kit. The stuff from the pump to the intake is all braided stainless and the feed for the pump was some kit of fabric braided hose.

Id think if there was any notable leak, you'd pick it up pretty quick when filling the tank. I always check before I take it out (mine isnt a daily either, so I top it off when I get home and check all car fluids before I head out), so if it was low half a gallon or something I'd know something was wrong as it should be basically full.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:12 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Yeah, I'm confused about that too, I didn't have any bare plastic lines in my Alkycontrol kit. The stuff from the pump to the intake is all braided stainless and the feed for the pump was some kit of fabric braided hose.

Id think if there was any notable leak, you'd pick it up pretty quick when filling the tank. I always check before I take it out (mine isnt a daily either, so I top it off when I get home and check all car fluids before I head out), so if it was low half a gallon or something I'd know something was wrong as it should be basically full.
same procedures here man, apparently some of the other kits have some plastic lines, that’s way I would only use the alky kit.

Get notified of new replies

To Adding Meth, looking for reccomendations

Quick Reply: Adding Meth, looking for reccomendations