C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V-15 testing the right way at East Coast Supercharging!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 08:18 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Default V-15 testing the right way at East Coast Supercharging!!

East Coast Supercharging has always been about knowing our products, testing our products to their limits and actually knowing what we are taking about in regards to them to best of our abilities. We have always felt it is not good customer relations to make your customers figure out the limitations of your own products because this will most certainly make customers have to keep coming back to you for upgrades as they figure out those limitations on their own. Now maybe we are the fools because that's really not a bad business model if you only care about taking in as money as possible, but if you truly care about your products and customers best interests, we feel it is best to be able to tell the customer exactly where we found the limitations of each combo are so you can reach your goals directly the first time without over spending to do so.

When it comes to the new head units coming out, (which is very exciting btw!) We do not plan on changing that business model. We are going to go through each stage of builds from the mildest this blower can be used at, all the way to the wildest.

We are going to start by reaching the limits of our largest air to air intercooler so those who are thinking of using this headunit on an otherwise fully streetable vehicle with all accessories can see what your limitations will be. From there will go to an Air to water, and from there will go to a full methanol only car with no intercooler.

We have it running on 1SweetRide's (John) C6Z, this car has been mid 8's probably ten years ago and now it is built at a completely different level, yet is a full weight, full accessory street driven vehicle. Basically starting on the ground level, we will post our results as we go. Dynoing is coming, but unfortunately our current dyno can't handle it. Luckily we have a new dyno on order that can handle 3500 HP that will be here soon.

Now this is a proper test vehicle for the new Vortech Superchargers V15. East Coast Supercharging built C6 Z06 powered by a Late Model Engines430ci LSX backed by a ECS Powerglide/9" combo. Listen to this bad boy whistle ready to inhale mountains of air!!!
Turn up the volume and enjoy!!

The following 3 users liked this post by DOUG @ ECS:
1SwtRide (03-08-2019), Creamo3 (03-13-2019), rhoyvald (03-15-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I cannot view the video, what power did it make?
Old 03-08-2019, 10:15 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Sounds Glorious!
Old 03-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovate
I cannot view the video, what power did it make?
As they stated, nothing as their dyno can't handle the power so they are waiting on a new dyno.
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 05:19 PM
bmfvette
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Well I guess he could have thrown him a bone and stated where his dyno maxed out. After all when he first mentioned (which I think was two PRI's ago) this new centri was touted as the "X" killer. So one has to assume the "X" never maxed out his dyno.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Ysi maxed out the same dyno they have on my car, many times, at 1200rwhp. So safe to assume well over 1200rwhp.
1SwtRide (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 07:54 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by bmfvette
Well I guess he could have thrown him a bone and stated where his dyno maxed out. After all when he first mentioned (which I think was two PRI's ago) this new centri was touted as the "X" killer. So one has to assume the "X" never maxed out his dyno.

As Unreal already stated, our current dyno maxes out right around 1100 rwhp depending on set up and how fast the power ramped in. I have ran it out several times with just a 2200R or X so I wouldn't even bother trying with this head unit. With the CFM it produces it is expected to make 1500 HP, but we have made more power to the tires than all the other head units are rated to at the flywheel, so I guess we'll see soon.
We just tracked tuned anything over that anyway so it wasn't much of a problem until a few years ago when making 1000+ HP became so common that it was just impractical to do that all the time. Problem is I swore off roller dyno's a long time ago, our dyno was 83k and the larger version of our current dyno is around 140k if I remember correctly. Luckily now there are a couple of eddy current hub dyno options that are more reasonably priced, so we have one on the way that will arrive in a few weeks that can handle 3500 HP.

As far as being the "F1X killer", I know what the F1X produces CFM wise, and I know what this head unit is capable of, it's simple physics really. Yes it took a little longer to produce than they expected, but if it was easy to produce a blower that can produce what this does while specifically being made to fit in a C5/C6, than everyone would make it. I let everyone know what was coming when it was debuted at PRI a little over a year ago, but unlike our "competitor" I won't bad mouth our supplier for this, you would think he would have learned the first time, but at least this time if he does it won't negatively effect us too like last time.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:55 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Originally Posted by Unreal
As they stated, nothing as their dyno can't handle the power so they are waiting on a new dyno.
Ok lol. A brief summary of it maxed out the dyno at xxxx and has 20 more psi in the blower to go or something would suffice.

I have seen an F1X make 1,4-1,500 on a dyno, it would be interesting to see what this makes.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:02 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
As Unreal already stated, our current dyno maxes out right around 1100 rwhp depending on set up and how fast the power ramped in. I have ran it out several times with just a 2200R or X so I wouldn't even bother trying with this head unit. With the CFM it produces it is expected to make 1500 HP, but we have made more power to the tires than all the other head units are rated to at the flywheel, so I guess we'll see soon.
We just tracked tuned anything over that anyway so it wasn't much of a problem until a few years ago when making 1000+ HP became so common that it was just impractical to do that all the time. Problem is I swore off roller dyno's a long time ago, our dyno was 83k and the larger version of our current dyno is around 140k if I remember correctly. Luckily now there are a couple of eddy current hub dyno options that are more reasonably priced, so we have one on the way that will arrive in a few weeks that can handle 3500 HP.

As far as being the "F1X killer", I know what the F1X produces CFM wise, and I know what this head unit is capable of, it's simple physics really. Yes it took a little longer to produce than they expected, but if it was easy to produce a blower that can produce what this does while specifically being made to fit in a C5/C6, than everyone would make it. I let everyone know what was coming when it was debuted at PRI a little over a year ago, but unlike our "competitor" I won't bad mouth our supplier for this, you would think he would have learned the first time, but at least this time if he does it won't negatively effect us too like last time.
Are the CFM numbers some secret or are they out there? Curious what it makes and what the curve looks like as it builds to max impeller speed. I assume this may have a different gear ratio than the previous ysi head units that required a small pulley to run out to max rpm (or over speed) but reduced parasitic losses? Looking forward to results.

Last edited by EnginerdVT; 03-09-2019 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:22 PM
bmfvette
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

I agree with everything stated in this paragraph. Yesterday's 400 is today's 1K. Congrats on your hub dyno.

Calculating CFM is simple math. Laying an X next to a YSI would look the same as the pic posted. Last I checked any flavor of the F1 or the F2 would fit under the hood of a C5/6. Touting it as an X killer is a little pre mature (even if it took a year).

As far as your competitor goes, I don't have a dog in the fight.

Looking forward to the results.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:36 AM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Can't wait to see the intake on Big Blue suck up small pets, infants, and road kill. It's going to be a deep breather for sure.
The following 2 users liked this post by BoosTTed C6:
1SwtRide (03-15-2019), DOUG @ ECS (03-19-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 11:59 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks nice and big!
any specs released for the V15, like the CFM, Estimated HP, Volute diameter?
Old 03-19-2019, 10:34 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by WHITE_SHARK
Looks nice and big!
any specs released for the V15, like the CFM, Estimated HP, Volute diameter?
They labeled it is 1500HP capable, but we have always made more to the tire than what they rate their blowers at. I guess under promise/over deliver. When you ask for valute diameter, do you want the outside dimensions or intake/exhaust sizing?
Old 03-19-2019, 11:40 AM
0Matt@Tick
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They labeled it is 1500HP capable, but we have always made more to the tire than what they rate their blowers at. I guess under promise/over deliver. When you ask for valute diameter, do you want the outside dimensions or intake/exhaust sizing?
I would like to know the dimensions for the inducer and exducer, inlet flange od, volute diameter, etc... I have requested this info from Vortech but they haven't let me know yet.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:09 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Well got on a dyno with it yesterday, ended up running out of fuel a little earlier than expected so we are working on that now. Going in as a stated earlier I started with the air to air intercooler that was in the car, that is definitely not up to the task with this blower. To the point that I will say don't even bother, and air to water is a minimum. The intercooler in the car is full length and a top of the line core, but it just doesn't cut it. Big pressure drop after and the IAT's were up there.
So we are going to correct the fuel issue and do some track testing, but 30+ lbs of boost is not a problem.

From there I plan to install it on one of my engines on an engine dyno and see exactly what kind of numbers we can put down with it, I will report back when that takes place.

Oh the car we tested it on is a Powerglide car with a non lock up converter, it put down 1000 at 5600 RPM on an 8000 rpm engine. So not really conclusive to it's potential, but I wasn't unhappy either.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Well got on a dyno with it yesterday, ended up running out of fuel a little earlier than expected so we are working on that now. Going in as a stated earlier I started with the air to air intercooler that was in the car, that is definitely not up to the task with this blower. To the point that I will say don't even bother, and air to water is a minimum. The intercooler in the car is full length and a top of the line core, but it just doesn't cut it. Big pressure drop after and the IAT's were up there.
So we are going to correct the fuel issue and do some track testing, but 30+ lbs of boost is not a problem.

From there I plan to install it on one of my engines on an engine dyno and see exactly what kind of numbers we can put down with it, I will report back when that takes place.

Oh the car we tested it on is a Powerglide car with a non lock up converter, it put down 1000 at 5600 RPM on an 8000 rpm engine. So not really conclusive to it's potential, but I wasn't unhappy either.
Did you guys run out of injector? Does it fit under the stock hood? That is not a big deal to me anymore but asking for others. I take it that this is not going to be street friendly lol. It sounds like it was going to make 12+ by 7k lol. Through a ‘glide that is good.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:16 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by Innovate
Did you guys run out of injector? Does it fit under the stock hood? That is not a big deal to me anymore but asking for others. I take it that this is not going to be street friendly lol. It sounds like it was going to make 12+ by 7k lol. Through a ‘glide that is good.
The car tested has direct port meth injection, but I shut it off for testing with X85 in there so I can see what the actual IAT's were. We ran out of pump.

Get notified of new replies

To V-15 testing the right way at East Coast Supercharging!!

Old 04-12-2019, 11:01 AM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

What pump and injectors?
Old 04-12-2019, 08:27 PM
vettemayhem
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 47 Posts

The car tested has direct port meth injection, but I shut it off for testing with X85 in there so I can see what the actual IAT's were. We ran out of pump.
Good luck on the testing...what fuel pumps and what injectors will you upgrade to? Excited to hear the results?

Last edited by vettemayhem; 04-12-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:35 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by vettemayhem
Good luck on the testing...what fuel pumps and what injectors will you upgrade to? Excited to hear the results?
We went with the Fore triple, but we still have our stg 2 on there as well since it was already there. It also has a direct port meth injection system. X85 uses a ton of fuel.

Also took some low key test hits at the track, just to get some 8,000 RPM hits on it. Everything did fine so now it's onto the engine dyno next.
Quiky One (05-07-2019)

Quick Reply: V-15 testing the right way at East Coast Supercharging!!