C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripped V3 supercharger fill and dipstick

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 05:13 PM
Meeegaaa_Tron
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stripped V3 supercharger fill and dipstick

Hey guys, got my car not to long ago with the A&A kit and wanted to do the maintenance on changing the sc oil for my own records. When I went to remove the dipstick bolt I noticed that the bolts were stripped. I know this is actually common on these and was wondering if anyone can give me tips on what they did to remove the stripped bolts. I talked to Andy at A&A and I know he has replacement bolts but just not sure how to get them out. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Old 01-16-2022, 08:53 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Meeegaaa_Tron
Hey guys, got my car not to long ago with the A&A kit and wanted to do the maintenance on changing the sc oil for my own records. When I went to remove the dipstick bolt I noticed that the bolts were stripped. I know this is actually common on these and was wondering if anyone can give me tips on what they did to remove the stripped bolts. I talked to Andy at A&A and I know he has replacement bolts but just not sure how to get them out. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Helicoil or drill and tap next size bigger.

Quick Reply: Stripped V3 supercharger fill and dipstick