C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lsx grenades

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 02:55 PM
jenavet
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Putting the new short block together and hopefully ive made the right decisions!!
Bought a brand new dart lsx next PRO block.the other block is getting resleeved but its a standard dart shp next block and i just dont trust it

Im re using my callies dragonslayer crank

cp carrillo pistons -15cc

wiseco boostline I beam rods

cam motion solid roller lifters

Then putting my repaired mast 305 black labels back on with jesel valve train

Now i have to spec out the cam. i am not longer street driving it

Old 11-30-2022, 11:22 AM
skydaman
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jenavet
Putting the new short block together and hopefully ive made the right decisions!!
Bought a brand new dart lsx next PRO block.the other block is getting resleeved but its a standard dart shp next block and i just dont trust it

Im re using my callies dragonslayer crank

cp carrillo pistons -15cc

wiseco boostline I beam rods

cam motion solid roller lifters

Then putting my repaired mast 305 black labels back on with jesel valve train

Now i have to spec out the cam. i am not longer street driving it
Should be pretty sweet, but always bums me when builds reach this part of the lifecycle.
The following users liked this post:
KnightmareLS1 (11-30-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 10:08 AM
jenavet
Instructor

sadly i agree but the difficulty of getting an inspection sticker...insurance.the parachute covers up the rear license plate.dark tint and loud as fawk she is a state troopers wet dream
Old 12-05-2022, 10:11 AM
skydaman
Drifting

sadly i agree but the difficulty of getting an inspection sticker...insurance.the parachute covers up the rear license plate.dark tint and loud as fawk she is a state troopers wet dream
haha I know the feeling! I don't even bother trying to get an inspection sticker on mine. I have dark tint and exhaust out the front, won't stop me from street driving it though. Pulling the chute for street driving makes it stand out a little less. You can do an agreed value policy for insurance that can cover extensive modifications.
Old 12-09-2022, 08:22 AM
jenavet
Instructor

Originally Posted by skydaman
haha I know the feeling! I don't even bother trying to get an inspection sticker on mine. I have dark tint and exhaust out the front, won't stop me from street driving it though. Pulling the chute for street driving makes it stand out a little less. You can do an agreed value policy for insurance that can cover extensive modifications.
ive had alot of trouble with insurance.nobody will insure a car over 1000hp.i even called hagerty and they refused to insure it.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:56 AM
skydaman
Drifting

ive had alot of trouble with insurance.nobody will insure a car over 1000hp.i even called hagerty and they refused to insure it.
Weird, my insurance has never asked about power level. They asked amount of $$ in mods, if it had custom paint, bodywork, stereo, wheels, etc etc but never a power number. If they did I would say what the engine made without the turbos bout 5 hunnid. I just stated an amount, they agreed to it and we were done. In my old car I had a wreck that damaged my LSX block and they covered it without an issue, again never asked about power or why it had an aftermarket engine.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:14 PM
Kingtal0n
Melting Slicks

Received 742 Likes on 510 Posts

A stock bottom end 6L will do 1000rwhp reliably for 200,000 miles
Many of the gen4 bottom end stock engines will do that.

https://www.theturboforums.com/threa...2#post-2042556
So unless you want a 1200+hp setup, I stick with the factory parts. Guys are revving these things to 8400rpm and making 1400hp for multiple seasons when tuned correctly. Thats pretty impressive for a $300-500 long block IMO.
I suggest limit your goal to around 1000 tire and use a stock engine. Save you from all this useless aftermarket failures making the same mistake over and over
Old 12-09-2022, 12:49 PM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Call NCM and use their insurance department. Awesome. They insure my C6 which makes well north of 1000 whpr. They have my entire build sheet/invoice for the performance, interior and stereo work, photographs of the completed car, and the like. It is insured for $130,000.00 (they would not insure it for more) and the policy costs me $1,200.00 - $1,300.00 per year. Only time a loss is not covered is if it occurs on track. Hagertys wanted nothing to do with the car. Grundy would have insured it but the premium was higher.

For comparison, I have a totally restored 1970 VW Beetle Convertible insured by Grundy for $206.00 per year - it is insured for $25,000.00.

Old 12-09-2022, 12:56 PM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by skydaman
Weird, my insurance has never asked about power level. They asked amount of $$ in mods, if it had custom paint, bodywork, stereo, wheels, etc etc but never a power number. If they did I would say what the engine made without the turbos bout 5 hunnid. I just stated an amount, they agreed to it and we were done. In my old car I had a wreck that damaged my LSX block and they covered it without an issue, again never asked about power or why it had an aftermarket engine.
Hagertys asked me about the maximum horsepower when they agent saw my invoice because LME, on their invoice, gave an estimate as to how much horsepower their motor was capable of holding. As soon as the agent heard north of 1000, they declined. When I asked why, the agent advised that they will not insure modified cars making north of 750/800.

Quick Reply: Lsx grenades