C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pressure issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 08:40 PM
rajahhindi
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by JumboShrimp
Hello Raj
It might be best for Ron to answer that. Depending on how you look at boost charts 135 KPA could either be 4# or 19.7 PSI. I have HPT logging a calculated boost and have never seen 20 in the logs.
What is your take on the return fuel going into the D-Side tank? That is really my question in the post.
I got into it yesterday but forgot about all the exhaust in the way. Had to drop the sway bar and one muffler before I could even SEE the T fitting. "It's always something". And because of the High location (not at all like a C6) the Quick Disconnect fittings are not at all quick. Also, It looks like I'll have to cut the main hard line going forward. My Y block and fittings are a mile long. I might just replace the whole line now with PTFE and get it over with. Project Creep! It haunts me.
Man, i have next to zero experience with fuel systems on a C6 Corvette, so my advice is not really worth anything except to say i agree with what the others said. Lower the pump and shorten the hoses! I just have a boost a pump on my car which works off a Hobbs/Pressure switch like your extra fuel pump. My pressure switch comes on about 3 psi adding extra voltage to the standard in tank pump. I think see now what Ron is reading on HP tuners as he remotes tune. He is reading absolute pressure instead of guage pressure? So. that means your pressure switch is activating at 5 psi guage pressure to turn your secondary fuel pump on? If this is the case, maybe you are running out of fuel before the secondary pump turns on? You can buy adjustable Hobbs switches that you can calibrate to come on at an earlier pressure. ie 2 or 3psi of boost! Remember, there is a slight delay of the pressure switch activation and your pump turning on to fill the void of lost fuel pressure.
Racetronix sell the adjustable hobbs/Pressure switches that are easily calibrated with a hand pump and guage!
Old 11-19-2022, 12:28 AM
JumboShrimp
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 157 Likes on 104 Posts

Yep - Good advice. I plan to test the Hobbs to find where its REALLY activates. It is adjustable. I was told it was set at 4# boost out of box.
The car is on a lift now sow I can do all kinds of F'n around with it.
You are VERY fortunate that you have no experience with the C6 Fuel Tank System. My Son is a GM engineer - except for him - they should all be hanged!!
Lowering the pump is on tomorrows list...
Thanks for the answer
Old 11-20-2022, 12:07 AM
rajahhindi
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I am confident if you lower the pump and shorten the hoses, have the pressure switch on at 2-3psi for the secondary pump, and keep a reasonable amount of good fuel in the tank, you will solve your problems without the other radical changes you propose! Lots of succesful ECS secondary fuel pump out there with zero probs!

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure issue