Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

F/S: KTi or TIPS Tire Sensor Tool Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:07 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Default F/S: KTi or TIPS Tire Sensor Tool Accessories

I know there are quite a number of forum members that have either a KTi p.s.t. or a TIPS Tool to reset their TPMS/tire sensors.

Here are two accessories that you might be interested in:

A Programming Interface Module (PIM) and a Holster

The PIM is available for $80 shipped. There's a tool supplier on eBay that usually has them in stock for about $175, and that's probably a lot less than MSRP. The PIM is necessary to upgrade the software in the tool. If you're just using the tool for your C6 you don't need to upgrade it. However, next month (2008 model year) all 4 wheeled vehicles under 10,000 pounds will have a TPMS and tire sensors. If you rotate your tires on your other vehicles you might like to be able to reset the sensors and you may need to keep the tool up-to-date as new sensor protocols come out in the future. You get one year of free upgrades, then it's $49.95/year for a subscription for an upgrade license.

The Holster is available for $15 shipped. The common price on eBay is about $35.

The green tool in the holster is not included in the $15 price!!! I do, however, have one in a separate listing for $220.

You can see the holster has a heavy-duty belt clip on the back. It has an elastic ring at the top to go around the antenna of the tool. It also has a grommet on the bottom. The "U-shaped" bottom of the tool is a magnet, and you can leave the tool in the holster while activating magnetically triggered sensors, such as on the C5, by just sliding the grommet over the valve stem.

I've got a tool for sale in a separate listing, and offer a savings of $10 if you want the tool, PIM, and holster as a package deal.

I can accept PayPal (but I just have a personal account and can only accept "instant transfer" or e-checks - I'm not set up for credit/debit cards). I'll also take personal check, money order, or cashier's check.

Thanks for your interest,

Bob

Quick Reply: F/S: KTi or TIPS Tire Sensor Tool Accessories