Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

*** pre-release *** new "zforce" custom mesh alloys for c5 c6 z06 [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 AM
z06tx
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Fair enough and thanks for your response. I had regrets as soon as I clicked <POST>. Good luck with the sale. The wheels look nice. //art
Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,145 Likes on 541 Posts

Stunning wheels! Very clean, uncluttered design. I'm surprised there really aren't that many after market wheels for the C6, other than the high-end multi-piece custom forged wheels and the Z06 style repros. I don't know if you had a hand in designing and manufacturing these, but if so, great job.

I would buy these in a heartbeat but putting down 50% and waiting four or five months for the wheels in this economy (where companies are folding every day) is a bit scary. I hope you do another run or there is a set left when they actually become available. Again, nice job.

Last edited by VETTE-NV; 08-12-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:10 AM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Light wheels are not just for the road race crowd, there are tons of weeknd Crovette drivers that spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to INCREASE PERFORMANCE of their car without ever stepping foot near a track. Lighter weight is always better regardless of racing. The wheels do look great and they are certainly priced competitively. Not trying to give you a hard time at all and i think we all appreciate new choices. I am curious about brake clearance for those of us with larger brake packages.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:54 AM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C6400hp
Light wheels are not just for the road race crowd, there are tons of weeknd Crovette drivers that spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to INCREASE PERFORMANCE of their car without ever stepping foot near a track. Lighter weight is always better regardless of racing. The wheels do look great and they are certainly priced competitively. Not trying to give you a hard time at all and i think we all appreciate new choices. I am curious about brake clearance for those of us with larger brake packages.
I understand that people spend thousands of dollars to increase performance. That is exactly my point. It's not necessary because you will never feel the difference on the street.

Just curious, how is lighter "always better" if your not racing? Ever drive a 2-ton+ BMW or AMG Benz? They stop on a dime. Better than a Corvette Z06's factory brakes.

Hey, unlike some vendors out there who are just in business to make profits, this company is driven by Pure Passion. We are not profitable, and don't plan on being profitable for at least another couple of years.

With that said, we believe in guiding customers in the right direction, and offering them what is best according to their driving habits, not our pockets.

If you have money to burn, then all the power to you. But spending thousands of dollars on a set of 3PC forged wheels because they are lighter, just doesn't make any sense IF your only concerns are looks, with no plans on tracking the car... which is more than 75% of all customers who purchase new wheels from us. It's simply an exterior appearance upgrade.

I carry many Forged brands, and would be happy to sell anyone those instead if that's what they choose.

However, I was simply making a point that if you do not track the car, it is VERY unlikely that you'll feel a difference daily driving.

I have driven cars with 35 lb cast wheels in the front, as well as the same car with 21 lb forged... and I can guarantee you will not feel the difference on the street.

This is exactly why OEM do not equip their vehicles with lightweight Forged Wheels. Almost every car on the road comes from the factory with cast alloys. They are strong, and perfectly fine for street driving.

In fact, it's the same concept as putting Brembo GT's on your car and not tracking it. Do people do it? Sure! But if a customer asked me if they will feel much of a difference in normal-moderately aggressive street driving, I would say it's not worth the money, period. (btw, we sell Brembo as well)

Hope this clears up my intentions.

Jason
Old 08-12-2009, 11:00 AM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Stunning wheels! Very clean, uncluttered design. I'm surprised there really aren't that many after market wheels for the C6, other than the high-end multi-piece custom forged wheels and the Z06 style repros. I don't know if you had a hand in designing and manufacturing these, but if so, great job.

I would buy these in a heartbeat but putting down 50% and waiting four or five months for the wheels in this economy (where companies are folding every day) is a bit scary. I hope you do another run or there is a set left when they actually become available. Again, nice job.
Thanks for the compliments... but just to assure you of the deposit situation, you have 6 months to dispute a CC transaction with your CC company. That is your protection. If you do not receive your wheels when they are supposed to be delivered, you will receive a full refund. We are saying Dec to cover ourselves, but they should be here in 3-4 months. ETA of December includes receiving the wheels from overseas, custom painting them, and shipping them to our customers. We took full payments on the Pre-Order of the ZR1 & Spyder wheels 5 months before they were here, with a bunch of very happy customers! Either way, I can appreciate your hesitancy, I just wanted you to know your rights as well!

Old 08-12-2009, 03:52 PM
sammy burks
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmySpeedFreek
why cant some one make a cool set of 18x9.5, 18x11s
Old 08-12-2009, 05:36 PM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sammy burks
Like Ive said in the past, we can make any wheel if we get at least 50 requests / orders... We've tried and come up about 42 short last time.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:50 PM
markiemark
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

nce I have a 19/20 set up, I would put a deposit right now on a set of 18/19 to replace my stock Z wheels!!!! Keep me posted....
Old 08-12-2009, 08:50 PM
autodesign21
Burning Brakes

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

You said coming from overseas!? Can you say China cast wheels! Some might know what that means..... I do applaud you for being honest, you at least have explained to people these are show wheels, not many of my counterparts these days are honest in what they are offering. I would never buy cast because yes they are heavy, they arent repairable like a 3 peice wheel, and typically not as strong.

I like your honesty! Where are you located?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by autodesign21
You said coming from overseas!? Can you say China cast wheels! Some might know what that means..... I do applaud you for being honest, you at least have explained to people these are show wheels, not many of my counterparts these days are honest in what they are offering. I would never buy cast because yes they are heavy, they arent repairable like a 3 peice wheel, and typically not as strong.

I like your honesty! Where are you located?
Thanks. We are located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.

Yes, overseas. NO cast wheels are made in the USA. We are having them manufactured in China, but so is more than 1/2 of your car...

Don't be fooled by a set of wheels being stamped "Made in Italy"... I'm not going to go to deep into this... but the qualifications of that stamp are about as strict as a politicians policy on anything from one campaign to the next.

Cast and Forged are both made from aluminum / alloys... one is poured / injected into a mold, and the other is carved with CNC machines... 1PC Cast wheels are stronger than 3PC forged, and typically... you can replace them cheaper than fixing a forged wheel. That's why OEM wheels are USUALLY cast. The best optin for racing, and strength is 1PC Forged. --- Which we will also be offering soon as well. Stay Tuned

Keep in mind, these wheels are for the person who likes the look of a multi-pc forged wheel, but eithr A) can't afford them, or B) would rather put that money somewhere else. ie; engine, college fund, investments, etc

Old 08-14-2009, 04:26 PM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Approximately 20 sets of each sizes left..
Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Snake Slayer
Safety Car

Received 521 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

what is the reccommened tire size? Any chance of getting brushed or polished center?
Old 08-16-2009, 10:04 AM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Do they accept the stock wheel sensors?
Old 08-16-2009, 10:04 AM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

How big is the rear lip??? Is the lip chrome???
Old 08-16-2009, 10:22 AM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by venomws7
How big is the rear lip??? Is the lip chrome???
Anticipated Lip Depth is 3-3.5" rear, and 1.5-2" in front.
not chrome, polished
Old 08-16-2009, 12:15 PM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Snake Slayer
what is the reccommened tire size? Any chance of getting brushed or polished center?
We can offer hypersilver, or chrome but not brushed or polished.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:24 AM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

If we get the interest of (50) sets, we can also add STOCK sizes, C5 or C6 to the first order, for those who are interested, PM me.

Last edited by corvette-wheels.com; 08-17-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To *** pre-release *** new "zforce" custom mesh alloys for c5 c6 z06 [pics]

Old 08-23-2009, 08:27 PM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Old 08-23-2009, 11:06 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,259 Likes on 920 Posts

These are great looking wheels at a very good price.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:37 AM
rwj383
Melting Slicks

bump

Quick Reply: *** pre-release *** new "zforce" custom mesh alloys for c5 c6 z06 [pics]