Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

FS: C6Z06 LG 1 3/4" Longtube headers w/ high flow cats and X-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:56 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by lane_change
I just contacted LG. They said that the headers would fit, but that the last 2 feet of pipe would have to be adapted to fit whichever year of LS3 you have assuming that you are still on the stock 2.5" exhaust. The 2008 and 2009 model years are different. The price for the rear pipes from LG is $289 for whichever year you would need, but you might as well just buy a new set of headers honestly. No need to spend $1000 on my pipes and $300 to make them fit.

So unless you are running an aftermarket muffler system that is a full 3" design, then they would probably not work. If you are running a full exhaust already, then they should work.
heh, yeah you're probably right, that sucks.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:23 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FRANKENSTEIN4x42000
Do these need the sensors extentions?
thanks
Not sure, I had my rears turned off and just had plugs in the rear holes. I know LG has 02 sensor extensions for their systems.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:21 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

$1000 shipped. Just want to get them sold. Hogging up floor space in the garage.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:27 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Bump
Old 04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

ttt
Old 04-02-2011, 10:52 AM
cdngolfer
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I would need to buy sensors, extensions, gaskets and hangers too I suppose.

I have an 08 Z. What year is yours?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:24 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cdngolfer
I would need to buy sensors, extensions, gaskets and hangers too I suppose.

I have an 08 Z. What year is yours?
You may need to buy extensions, but you already have the sensors, again, my rears were turned off, so I just used plugs. Gaskets are up to you, some people re-use their existing manifold gaskets or use RTV. The exhaust is all slip fit, so there are no gaskets for the flanges or anything. The pipes have the existing hangar mounts on them that your stock spring hangars will connect to off the X-pipe. My Z is an 06.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Viscerl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the pictures, it doesn't look like the headers are the "D-port" style flanges that LG appears to sell for the LS7. Are they LS3 headers with a LS7 midpipe?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:42 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

I'm not sure on that. They were on the car when I purchased it. I did contact LG about the car and the customer because it was built with a few of their components and LG knew the original owner and had raced with him before and verified that they had sold a certain list of modifications to him for his C6Z. The headers may be an older design from a few years back. Not sure if the original LG headers were made with that port design or not or if there is a difference in the Superpro or Street headers as well. If anyone knows more information, please chime in. I would like to sell the product with as much information available to the buyer.

What I know is that these just came off my 06Z this last weekend, they had been on my car since I purchased it and I have had zero issues with it. The car dyno'd at 545/505 with this setup with a cam only, stock heads,stock clutch, LS7 with an intake, ported intake manifold, and a tune. The car also has went 10.62 @ 133mph with this same setup and literally jumps out on cars from a roll with an instant surge of torque at the hit.

The only reason I even bothered to swap them out was because after speaking with LG, they recommended I switch to the larger 1 7/8" headers since I am adding heads. They recommended that I stick with these current 1 3/4" headers for my Z06 running less than 550whp. So again, if anyone knows if these are the LG street headers or if these are actually an older design, I would appreciate the information. I can also adjust the price accordingly.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:36 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Sold.

Quick Reply: FS: C6Z06 LG 1 3/4" Longtube headers w/ high flow cats and X-pipe