Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

WTB-Garage lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:03 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Default WTB-Garage lift

Looking for a garage lift to do work mainly on the Z. Have a low garage (7 feet). I'm in the NYC area.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:58 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 10-12-2011, 07:49 PM
FLAFLIER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maxjax, a great option for low ceilings . Web search will give you plenty of info
Old 10-13-2011, 03:21 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey thanks for the reply.
Looked at it and i would be a little uneasy being under that, plus i really don't know if my cement is up to par.

Originally Posted by FLAFLIER
Maxjax, a great option for low ceilings . Web search will give you plenty of info
Old 10-19-2011, 03:09 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

upup up
Old 11-24-2011, 02:09 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

bump
Old 11-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06SV
Hey thanks for the reply.
Looked at it and i would be a little uneasy being under that, plus i really don't know if my cement is up to par.
It pretty much doesn't matter which type of lift you go with you will have to know whether or not the floor will support it. I have a scissors lift that can get the car 4 ft off the ground. It has one 3 foot long cylinder laying crosswise in the fron and 2 inch x 2 inch wide diameter steel wheels about 3 ft apart in the rear. Not sure what the square inches in contact with the floor are but it is small not more than a square inch total. Given a lift weight of 1000 lbs and a car weight of 3300 lbs we are talking ~ 4300 psi. If I put my Tahoe on the lift then it goes to ~ 6400 psi. You need to know what the garage floor will support before you put money in the lift.

Bill
Old 11-24-2011, 06:01 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the reply Bill. I have a cement floor just not sure if it's up to specs for the maxjax (plus, i am not comfortable with it) At this point i am considering the scissor lift you mention below. I am also considering the Kwicklift.
As soon as sellers chime in i will decide what to get.

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
It pretty much doesn't matter which type of lift you go with you will have to know whether or not the floor will support it. I have a scissors lift that can get the car 4 ft off the ground. It has one 3 foot long cylinder laying crosswise in the fron and 2 inch x 2 inch wide diameter steel wheels about 3 ft apart in the rear. Not sure what the square inches in contact with the floor are but it is small not more than a square inch total. Given a lift weight of 1000 lbs and a car weight of 3300 lbs we are talking ~ 4300 psi. If I put my Tahoe on the lift then it goes to ~ 6400 psi. You need to know what the garage floor will support before you put money in the lift.

Bill
Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Just because you have a low ceiling height in your garage, doesn't mean you can't use a 4-post lift. Just don't try and raise it to it's highest point(with a car on top). During the winter, raise it high enough to park your car under it and then use the top for storage.

If you do decide to sell it one day, you will have a larger market, plus, who knows, you may have a garage with a 14' ceiling, one day. The 4-post lifts are easy to break down and move one one garage to another.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:26 PM
ouimetteracing
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Snap On mid rise lift for sale. I am located in Charlotte Nc. but I am driving back to Ct with a trailer just before Christmas break. If you would be interested in it I may be able to make the stop in NYC on the way to drop off the lift. I dont have a photos of mine right now but I can get some in the next couple of days. but until then here is a link to what I have on Snap Ons site. I am asking $1500 for it as it was almost 4 grand new but make an offer and I may be willing to work with you some.

http://www.snapon.com/international/...elr339aEtc.pdf
Old 11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

PM Sent

Originally Posted by ouimetteracing
I have a Snap On mid rise lift for sale. I am located in Charlotte Nc. but I am driving back to Ct with a trailer just before Christmas break. If you would be interested in it I may be able to make the stop in NYC on the way to drop off the lift. I dont have a photos of mine right now but I can get some in the next couple of days. but until then here is a link to what I have on Snap Ons site. I am asking $1500 for it as it was almost 4 grand new but make an offer and I may be willing to work with you some.

http://www.snapon.com/international/...elr339aEtc.pdf

Get notified of new replies

To WTB-Garage lift

Quick Reply: WTB-Garage lift