Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Used UPP Kit no Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Cold6.2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used UPP Kit no Injectors

I purchased this used UPP kit a month ago. I haven't installed and the kit and just traded my c6 in. Its missing a few things like T-bolt clamps, a 90deg coupler. Radiator drop brackets, ECU relocation, injectors. The kit was modified, but fully functional. you have to have the down pipe modified to meet up with mid pipe, previous owner ran open down pipe so a 90deg elbow was welded on the down pipe flange. Looks like the over the fender cold piping was cut also, I dont know for sure. Turbos have normal shaft play but I suggest you have them checked out before install. It has all oil lines and scavenger pump. Looking to get $2500 shipped, because Ive been burned by UPS before so it will be insured and boxed correctly. Im in Jonesboro La, if your local or a short driving distance then Ill take $2000 picked up, since I dont have to pay UPS to pack and Insure the kit.
Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2014, 09:24 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

If someone buys this kit BER can provide the needed parts to make it work at best price. Good luck

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 09-26-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Cold6.2
Instructor

Just to make it clear, this is the only picture I have of the kit on my phone. Im at work 3hrs from home. Had a guy tell me that CK said there is $4500 missing from the kit. Which is BS, CK has not been to my house to see the kit nor have I been to his shop to show him everything I have with this kit. Yes this is the first run of the kit, and there have been changes so if you call and want new down piping it wont fit and you have to buy complete cold and hot side piping which is $2000. All you have to do is install the kit, take the car to the exhaust shop and have them fab the roughly 20" of piping missing from each side to your mid pipe. Tune the car and make great power. All you need from ck is the ecu relocation, and radiator drop brackets that is if you dont know anyone who can fab that up for you. You can get the injectors for any vender here. This is a great kit for someone on a budget and cant afford the $6500 new kit.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:10 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Cold6.2
Just to make it clear, this is the only picture I have of the kit on my phone. Im at work 3hrs from home. Had a guy tell me that CK said there is $4500 missing from the kit. Which is BS, CK has not been to my house to see the kit nor have I been to his shop to show him everything I have with this kit. Yes this is the first run of the kit, and there have been changes so if you call and want new down piping it wont fit and you have to buy complete cold and hot side piping which is $2000. All you have to do is install the kit, take the car to the exhaust shop and have them fab the roughly 20" of piping missing from each side to your mid pipe. Tune the car and make great power. All you need from ck is the ecu relocation, and radiator drop brackets that is if you dont know anyone who can fab that up for you. You can get the injectors for any vender here. This is a great kit for someone on a budget and cant afford the $6500 new kit.
When I quoted him this it was exactly as stated "Based off what I can see from this picture". I do not know what all parts are included with this kit, nor what all has been modified. You previously questioned me about replacing the down-pipes which I told you was not longer possible with this revision without swapping out the up-pipes as well. I have not seen the these down pipes, so I honestly not state the condition they are in, other than as you've said they've been somehow modified or added turn-downs to. I did quote on replacing the up/down pipes together as that is what you previously asked me for as well.

I also quoted on the intercooler piping, as none of that piping in the picture appears to be ours. We did not use 2.5" (which is what it appears to be), none of the bends look correct, and we surely did not use rubber plumbing couplers.

I have gotten quite a few emails now about this kit asking what all is missing, and how much the replacement items would be. Honestly I don't know, because I don't think this picture shows everything, in fact considering that all the IC plumbing isn't ours, it doesn't show much. I would suggest going over the kit with the shipping manifest that I emailed you so you can see exactly what is missing right down to the last nut/bolt. This way you can be more clear about exactly what parts are missing, and the replacement cost for those parts when you're trying to sell it. This way there is no miscommunication or questioning whether I'm "over-quoting" anyone. Also this way we're not getting installation questions after the fact of how IC piping that's not designed by us is supposed to fit.

Transparency is key to a good transaction.

CK
Old 09-26-2014, 02:23 PM
1 slow 97
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
When I quoted him this it was exactly as stated "Based off what I can see from this picture". I do not know what all parts are included with this kit, nor what all has been modified. You previously questioned me about replacing the down-pipes which I told you was not longer possible with this revision without swapping out the up-pipes as well. I have not seen the these down pipes, so I honestly not state the condition they are in, other than as you've said they've been somehow modified or added turn-downs to. I did quote on replacing the up/down pipes together as that is what you previously asked me for as well.

I also quoted on the intercooler piping, as none of that piping in the picture appears to be ours. We did not use 2.5" (which is what it appears to be), none of the bends look correct, and we surely did not use rubber plumbing couplers.

I have gotten quite a few emails now about this kit asking what all is missing, and how much the replacement items would be. Honestly I don't know, because I don't think this picture shows everything, in fact considering that all the IC plumbing isn't ours, it doesn't show much. I would suggest going over the kit with the shipping manifest that I emailed you so you can see exactly what is missing right down to the last nut/bolt. This way you can be more clear about exactly what parts are missing, and the replacement cost for those parts when you're trying to sell it. This way there is no miscommunication or questioning whether I'm "over-quoting" anyone. Also this way we're not getting installation questions after the fact of how IC piping that's not designed by us is supposed to fit.

CK
awesome response from a forum vendor who is obviously trying to help out the sale.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Cold6.2
Instructor

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS

CK
This is true, I did go over the manifest so I do know whats missing and I've been 100% truthful on whats missing and whats not. But they still email you and then come back to me saying we CK said this and CK said that. The down pipes are gone, v-ban is cut off the down pipe and there is just a 3" 90deg elbow is welded back on to sweep the exhaust away from the fenders. I've also watched the install video you have posted on your website, so that also helped me understand whats missing and whats not. The intercooler piping is bigger, I was told Dallas performance did the upgrading but I dont know if its true or no. I do know that the over the fender intercooler piping was cut, why I'm sure I will never know why but, they did. This can also be easily welded back. They dont have to pay for complete hot/cold side piping when most of it can be re-welded for under $100. I do understand why they keep emailing you, you designed the kit and mass produce it. Its also the same reason I emailed you

I traded my car in Tuesday because the wife wanted a 2015 LTZ Tahoe. I had the car under a yr and always said it was going to be a simple tune/exhaust/CAI car, then I added a stall and c5z diff then I was looking at a ERL dry sleeve shortblock and going what a power adder. Then I added up the cash I had in the car and decited its time to let it go since I still had a note. So I put the car up for payoff and still couldnt get it sold, well I made $500 by trading it in and I also cut 2k in taxes of the deal. Now that I dont have a car I dont need the kit. The kit is perfect for a budget build, any decent exhaust shop can tie back into the down pipes, also dont be afraid that oh its not mandrel bends, its 3" and then bottle necks down to 2.5" stock mid piping.

Really all Cajun was worried about was having the turbos inspected. Which I told him I would discount him what ever CK charged to have them rebuilt. If they checked out the its a win win for him saving some cash and I dont have it in my shop anymore.

Thanks CK
Attached Images  

Last edited by Cold6.2; 09-26-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:26 AM
Still_Slow
Pro

What were the specs on the car you bought this kit from, hp/tq, what psi?
Old 09-27-2014, 10:34 AM
Cold6.2
Instructor

Just over 700hp H/C/I 05 m6 think he said 12# on e85. Said he tried to tune for 17# but was running out of fuel.

Get notified of new replies

To Used UPP Kit no Injectors

Quick Reply: Used UPP Kit no Injectors