Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

FS: Vette Lights: (New To Market) C6 Corvette Morimoto XB LED Headlights GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 10:47 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackFya
Sir do you any headlights in stock? If so how much shipped to 27705
PM Sent

Cole Manzelli
Cole@Vette-Lights.com
(405) 209-5328

Vette-Lights.com
"FORUM10" - 10% Off Almost All Upgrades

Old 10-19-2018, 09:12 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Just a heads up for everyone:

All currently unshipped orders will be fulfilled with a revised set of headlights. This revised set will contain a wiring modification to make the headlights function identically to OEM C7 headlights. From here on out, a harness WILL NOT be needed to change the DRL function to match the C7 lights.

All currently delivered sets are in 100% working order as is but an OPTIONAL harness is offered to change their functionality to the OEM C7 headlights. The harness is an additional $74 but with the lower price paid for the early sets, these customers will still have less total cost in the headlights than currently ordered sets. So while it seems like a ding to pay another $74 for the harness to make the lights function as they now do out of the box, you are still better off cost-wise.
The harness can be found here: https://www.vette-lights.com/product...ht-fix-harness

If you would like to order a set of headlights, please shoot over a PM to get our special forum member pricing (which cannot be publicly advertised due to being below the minimum advertised price threshold).

Old 10-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Jinchen Zhou
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you buy back the used headlight?
Old 10-19-2018, 11:22 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Jinchen Zhou
do you buy back the used headlight?
No sir but there is definitely a market for them. You should have no problem selling the stock units.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:45 AM
magic.zr1
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my headlights back in August and didn’t receive them until recently (2 weeks ago). They are still in the box since my car is currently in the shop getting some go fast parts installed. Is there a way I can exchange the ones I currently have to the new ones where I don’t need the wiring harness?
Old 10-20-2018, 12:53 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by magic.zr1
I bought my headlights back in August and didn’t receive them until recently (2 weeks ago). They are still in the box since my car is currently in the shop getting some go fast parts installed. Is there a way I can exchange the ones I currently have to the new ones where I don’t need the wiring harness?
Additional shipping back and forth alone would amount to a higher cost than the plug & play harness is being offered for. These boxes are large and heavy and UPS/USPS loves to mark up anything large unfortunately.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:59 AM
07MontyRed
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 139 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by magic.zr1
Assuming Cole's harness is similar to the one offered by Radio Flyer (that I used since I did not want to wait), there is no point in doing what you propose ... the harness is about 6 inches long and simply bridges between the vehicle harness and the headlight harness. Its plug-and-lay and tucked under the headlights so you do not even notice it once it is installed. No cutting, splicing, or running a wire to the fuse block ... (again, this is a description of the Radio Flyer harness, but I would have to assume Morimoto did something very similar). As Cole said, not worth the expensive of shipping headlights back and forth ...
Old 10-21-2018, 11:59 AM
Blackbird313
Instructor

So what do we do with the original harness that came with the lights ?????????
Old 10-21-2018, 12:03 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Blackbird313
So what do we do with the original harness that came with the lights ?????????
The fuse tap wire will no longer be needed with the separate harness installed.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:14 PM
JRE-C6
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Please let me know price + shipping for headlights going to 98108.

Thanks, Jim
Old 10-21-2018, 02:46 PM
JoeYaKnow
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in a set of the headlights if ya’ll still have em
Old 10-21-2018, 03:40 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by JRE-C6
Please let me know price + shipping for headlights going to 98108.

Thanks, Jim
PM Sent. These ship for FREE in the US
Old 10-28-2018, 03:57 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Just a friendly reminder:

The optional harnesses for the series-1 sets can be purchased here. This harness will make them function identically to the OEM C7 headlights.

The series-2 Headlights can be purchased here (PM for best forum member pricing). These new headlights have the above harness modifications built into them and do not need the harness to operate identically to the OEM C7 headlights.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:29 PM
lbzraptor
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 07MontyRed
Assuming Cole's harness is similar to the one offered by Radio Flyer (that I used since I did not want to wait), there is no point in doing what you propose ... the harness is about 6 inches long and simply bridges between the vehicle harness and the headlight harness. Its plug-and-lay and tucked under the headlights so you do not even notice it once it is installed. No cutting, splicing, or running a wire to the fuse block ... (again, this is a description of the Radio Flyer harness, but I would have to assume Morimoto did something very similar). As Cole said, not worth the expensive of shipping headlights back and forth ...
So are you saying that you just connect this to the old harness and the headlight harness? Just want to clarify that the old harness is still used. I was one of the original purchasers of the lights and every time I looked with the car running the amber lights were not on. Just the hockey stick. After a trip on the Dragon and reviewing the pictures taken the amber lights showed on when driving so now I want to change that. lol Curious how with a manual they would show off with car running in daylight. Had the emergency brake on so maybe that turns them off when sitting still.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:40 AM
07MontyRed
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by lbzraptor
So are you saying that you just connect this to the old harness and the headlight harness? Just want to clarify that the old harness is still used. I was one of the original purchasers of the lights and every time I looked with the car running the amber lights were not on. Just the hockey stick. After a trip on the Dragon and reviewing the pictures taken the amber lights showed on when driving so now I want to change that. lol Curious how with a manual they would show off with car running in daylight. Had the emergency brake on so maybe that turns them off when sitting still.
Since you quoted me, I'll take a shot at answering, but remember the add-on harness I use is from Radio Flyer, not the one Cole is currently offering (although I assume they are similar). First, yes, the handbrake on an M6 or putting it in park on an A6 disables the ambers ... that is how the DRLs work on all C6s. The fuse-tap harness on he Gen1 lights kept the white hockey sticks on all the time regardless of what the DRLs were doing. With the add-on harness you do not need the fuse tap harness that came with the Gen1 lights ... you connect the add-on harness between the headlights and the normal car harness. It is all tucked under the lights so you do not see anything after the installation (there is a separate harness for each side ... mine were about a foot long each). No fuse-tap at all. At least with the Radio Flyer harness everything works as in the C7 ... the white hockey stick is the DRL (no ambers), the ambers are the turn signals (and the hockey stick turns off, per federal law, when the ambers are flashing), and the flash-to-pass feature works when the headlights are off. Again, I assume Cole's harness is the same functionality.
The following users liked this post:
lbzraptor (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 11:10 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 07MontyRed
Since you quoted me, I'll take a shot at answering, but remember the add-on harness I use is from Radio Flyer, not the one Cole is currently offering (although I assume they are similar). First, yes, the handbrake on an M6 or putting it in park on an A6 disables the ambers ... that is how the DRLs work on all C6s. The fuse-tap harness on he Gen1 lights kept the white hockey sticks on all the time regardless of what the DRLs were doing. With the add-on harness you do not need the fuse tap harness that came with the Gen1 lights ... you connect the add-on harness between the headlights and the normal car harness. It is all tucked under the lights so you do not see anything after the installation (there is a separate harness for each side ... mine were about a foot long each). No fuse-tap at all. At least with the Radio Flyer harness everything works as in the C7 ... the white hockey stick is the DRL (no ambers), the ambers are the turn signals (and the hockey stick turns off, per federal law, when the ambers are flashing), and the flash-to-pass feature works when the headlights are off. Again, I assume Cole's harness is the same functionality.
Apologies for the delay in response but he nailed it! 100% accurate info. The harnesses can be found here for only $75: https://www.vette-lights.com/product...ht-fix-harness

They were expected in today but customs, of course, delayed that until tomorrow. There are currently 9 harnesses available in this incoming shipment.

As a reminder, all Series-2 units (have the harness incorporated in them) are available here: https://www.vette-lights.com/product...led-headlights

Old 11-13-2018, 12:02 PM
07MontyRed
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by VetteLights
Apologies for the delay in response but he nailed it! 100% accurate info.
Glad I got it right! Wish Cole's harness would have been available sooner ... a lot cheaper. Cole is a great guy to work with (honestly, so is George at Radio Flyer, but his harness is a LOT more expensive).

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Lights: (New To Market) C6 Corvette Morimoto XB LED Headlights GROUP BUY

Old 11-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Blackbird313
Instructor

I was told you still have to have the fuse tap
Old 11-18-2018, 07:42 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

This is true.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:33 AM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 570 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

The fuse tap wire will no longer be needed with the separate harness installed.
This is true.
Sorry, this is confusing. Which is it?

Quick Reply: FS: Vette Lights: (New To Market) C6 Corvette Morimoto XB LED Headlights GROUP BUY