Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTB: Fixed heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 11:35 AM
Spoolin’
Heel & Toe

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fixed heads

Hey everyone, just picked up a lemans blue Z over the weekend! I’ve got the heads off the car, and I was planning to send them off to get repaired. I didn’t realize quite how expensive it was to fix the factory heads, but it is what it is. Wanted to make a post and see if anyone maybe has fixed factory heads that they ended up upgrading? Or just maybe aftermarket heads for a good price? Shoot me a message, thanks!
Old 08-02-2022, 11:52 AM
JSB Z16
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Default WCCH or AHP?

When I was looking into buying a Z these shops were on my list. Have you looked at their pricing? What sort of quotes were you getting?
Old 08-02-2022, 12:05 PM
Spoolin’
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by JSB Z16
When I was looking into buying a Z these shops were on my list. Have you looked at their pricing? What sort of quotes were you getting?
I’ve looked into it, I’ve reached out but not received a response yet. Granted it has been like 12 hours. I’m thinking bare minimum somewhere in the $2k range. I’ve seen quotes from people talking about $3-$5k if a shop does the labor and head repair, so I figured if I pulled the heads myself it would be much cheaper. But apparently the parts and labor for just the head repair is quite expensive as well.
Old 08-02-2022, 12:08 PM
JSB Z16
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin’
I’ve looked into it, I’ve reached out but not received a response yet. Granted it has been like 12 hours. I’m thinking bare minimum somewhere in the $2k range. I’ve seen quotes from people talking about $3-$5k if a shop does the labor and head repair, so I figured if I pulled the heads myself it would be much cheaper. But apparently the parts and labor for just the head repair is quite expensive as well.
Have you tried calling? I was able to get a hold of both of the pretty easily and they were very helpful. They could talk you through to see what options would be more or less appropriate for your use, so you don't overspend. If I remember correctly, you can have WCCH do a pretty basic fix of the heads under 2k
Old 08-02-2022, 12:15 PM
Spoolin’
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by JSB Z16
Have you tried calling? I was able to get a hold of both of the pretty easily and they were very helpful. They could talk you through to see what options would be more or less appropriate for your use, so you don't overspend. If I remember correctly, you can have WCCH do a pretty basic fix of the heads under 2k
I haven’t, I just started researching last night around 9pm. Calling is probably the best option to quickly figure out what I can do. Gotta try to get a few minutes away from this work conference.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:42 PM
jskinger
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of GPI fixed, milled, ported heads. All OEM valves, upgraded seats. They have 3K miles on them since the upgrade, about 12K miles before that. Went Mamo and now just have these sitting here. $3200 plus shipping they are yours outright. I can't do PMs on here yet, so best is email. jskinger28@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2022, 10:03 AM
703z06
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin’
Hey everyone, just picked up a lemans blue Z over the weekend! I’ve got the heads off the car, and I was planning to send them off to get repaired. I didn’t realize quite how expensive it was to fix the factory heads, but it is what it is. Wanted to make a post and see if anyone maybe has fixed factory heads that they ended up upgrading? Or just maybe aftermarket heads for a good price? Shoot me a message, thanks!
I have a set of fixed heads that just came off my car I'd be willing to sell. 50k miles and they were refreshed within the last ~10k . I will get the specs and take some photos and send them to you. They are currently still at the shop
Old 08-03-2022, 11:00 AM
Spoolin’
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 703z06
I have a set of fixed heads that just came off my car I'd be willing to sell. 50k miles and they were refreshed within the last ~10k . I will get the specs and take some photos and send them to you. They are currently still at the shop
Please do, thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Fixed heads

Quick Reply: WTB: Fixed heads