C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport Predator

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,021 Likes on 567 Posts

Never once pulled a fuse with my predator. Used it many times without a problem. I've evn left the radar detector on. Guess i've been lucky
Old 03-09-2009, 08:13 PM
mhmayhem88
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackvetterzo6
Never once pulled a fuse with my predator. Used it many times without a problem. I've evn left the radar detector on. Guess i've been lucky
Ya know, I honestly don't think pulling the fuses is ABSOLUTELY necessary. I just did it just to be sure I followed every bit of the instructions this time. In the future, i'm sure i'll attempt it without pulling the fuses and I'm betting it would work just fine.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:20 PM
LostAngel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mhmayhem88
Ya know, I honestly don't think pulling the fuses is ABSOLUTELY necessary. I just did it just to be sure I followed every bit of the instructions this time. In the future, i'm sure i'll attempt it without pulling the fuses and I'm betting it would work just fine.
The reason for pulling the fuse isn't to 'make it work'. The reason for pulling the onstar fuse is so there isn't a random 'transmission' that is received to onstar, which could interact with the computer while tuning...or cause power fluctuations. As for the radio, you don't want more power being drawn.

Pulling the fuses is like wearing a condom...sure it's easier to not do it...but there's always a chance of an accident!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:31 PM
mhmayhem88
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ Good point.

Quick Reply: Diablosport Predator