C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 06:56 PM
op z
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 129 Posts

Default Predator Problems...

Bought a used 7194 predator from a forum. When I plug the 7194 in the car (2008 LS3) and put the car in the accessory mode the predator keeps asking me to verify that the key is in the start position. When I press continue it asks the same question a couple more times and then says to unplug the unit and start over. I did this three times with no success.

For a while the Predator was communicating with the car after selecting higher baud rate and selecting manual transmission. When I select performance tune, it only asked if I want to modify the stock tune or back up the stock tune. There were no Predator tunes available.

Someone on the Predtor forum recommended updfating the firmware to the latest version (9.9). Now I can't get it to recognize the tool and now I get a service fuel system message with the gauge showing empty.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:24 PM
carmos
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi ,if you are getting service fuel system error .it did write somthing to your pcm...are u sure u did not back up the the original tune...also maybe it was still locked to the car of the person that sold it to u,and wrote somthing to urs anyway...i would get on the phone diablo asap..they seem preety helpful when u can get a hold of them...
Old 09-25-2009, 08:26 PM
op z
Drifting

The fuel system error corrected itself by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Still cannot communicate wityh the car. What should the baud rate be set to? Does it matter? Does it matter what the trans is set to?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:37 PM
carmos
Racer

Originally Posted by op z
The fuel system error corrected itself by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Still cannot communicate wityh the car. What should the baud rate be set to? Does it matter? Does it matter what the trans is set to?
the only time i have had to change the buad rate is when the predator is talking to a laptop to download info from or to it...i have an auto trans so thats what it needs to be.if u have a manual then set it to that...i would really recommend you do update the predator to the latest firmware...things will go much soomther..
Old 09-25-2009, 08:39 PM
op z
Drifting

I did that and it did't help. Did you by yours new or used? LS3?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:46 PM
carmos
Racer

I did that and it did't help. Did you by yours new or used? LS3?
i bought it new from maryland speed...then updated it to work with the my ls3...make sure you take out the fuse for on star and radio and anything drawing power is turned off...i had that problem when i first did it..
Old 09-25-2009, 08:54 PM
op z
Drifting

My onstar is ot active,but that's the last thing I haven't tried. I'll dive it a shot in the morning. All you do is put the car in the accessory mode? Nothing elese needs to be done?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:56 PM
carmos
Racer

My onstar is ot active,but that's the last thing I haven't tried. I'll dive it a shot in the morning. All you do is put the car in the accessory mode? Nothing elese needs to be done?
correct.hope it works out...
Old 09-26-2009, 02:26 AM
da vette guy
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Patrick,i sent a pm with my phone number if you are still having problems.i think i held the accessory button for 10 seconds to put car in the on(run) position to program my car.also you might try downloading the new update again if the above doesn't do it(in case some file on the programmer has somehow become corrupted). i think 06MonteSS is the resident expert on the predator,i sent him a pm to see if he had any ideas.richard

Last edited by da vette guy; 09-26-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:53 AM
op z
Drifting

Surprisingly enough, I put the car in the run posit ionby not pushing in the clutch while I pushed the start button and it downloaded the tune first time. All the guidance I've read to date says to put the car in the accessory mode. Must have tried that 20 to 30 times with no luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Predator Problems...

Quick Reply: Predator Problems...