C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

updating predator firmware to the new 9r08

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 05:30 PM
carmos
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default updating predator firmware to the new 9r08

just a heads up if u are still running the 9r05 firmaware..i was running this so that my predator could work on my ls3...the one thing i did not like was that it only tune that it can with was a 93 oct. tune.i live in california so no 93 oct. gas.. monte ss was cool enough to adjust my tune file to work with 91 oct..but it always bugged me that it was not on the predator by defualt...well had to take my car to the dealer for some warrenty work so i took out the tune for a fews days.and two nights ago i decided to upgrade the firmware to 9r08.low and behold they now the have the 91oct. tune in there as well as 93 oct....plus some of the menus have changed to data log and the seem more logical...so i really think at this point it makes sense to upgrade ur firmare because there is enough benefit in the new one...well thats all ,thanks for listening...
Old 10-06-2009, 08:53 AM
meridock
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

If only it would work on my car. I have had nothing but issues with the CROM updates. the only crom that works is the one that shipped with the unit and that one seems to cause detonation. any newer croms complain about calibrations. this is both in my Yukon and the vette.

Originally Posted by carmos
just a heads up if u are still running the 9r05 firmaware..i was running this so that my predator could work on my ls3...the one thing i did not like was that it only tune that it can with was a 93 oct. tune.i live in california so no 93 oct. gas.. monte ss was cool enough to adjust my tune file to work with 91 oct..but it always bugged me that it was not on the predator by defualt...well had to take my car to the dealer for some warrenty work so i took out the tune for a fews days.and two nights ago i decided to upgrade the firmware to 9r08.low and behold they now the have the 91oct. tune in there as well as 93 oct....plus some of the menus have changed to data log and the seem more logical...so i really think at this point it makes sense to upgrade ur firmare because there is enough benefit in the new one...well thats all ,thanks for listening...

Quick Reply: updating predator firmware to the new 9r08