C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

read/scan only question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 06:30 PM
dbhajek
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default read/scan only question

I bought a used 08 ZO6 and want to check if it has a stock tune. I have access to HP Tuners.

If I just reading my VCM with HP Tuners is that anyway detectible. I would then compare my tune with a stock 08 ZO6 tune. I would hate to lose my warranty just because I wanted to check if my tune was stock.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2009, 09:10 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

ur good to read and scan, just dont write if your worried about it
Old 10-23-2009, 09:15 AM
seevi
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dbhajek
I bought a used 08 ZO6 and want to check if it has a stock tune. I have access to HP Tuners.

If I just reading my VCM with HP Tuners is that anyway detectible. I would then compare my tune with a stock 08 ZO6 tune. I would hate to lose my warranty just because I wanted to check if my tune was stock.

Thanks
Just reading the calibrations with HPTuners won't have any impact on your tune. Go to the HPTuners website and download a stock ZO6 tune and use the comparison feature in HPTuners to see if there are any differences in the calibrations.

If you purchased this car at a dealership, especially a GM dealership, and the tune has been altered and they didn't tell you, I would ask for warranty support right away.

If you have a problem, send my the tune on your car and I'll make the comparison for you.

Get notified of new replies

To read/scan only question

Quick Reply: read/scan only question