C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Trinity

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:33 AM
davekopell
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo Trinity

I am looking to tune my car has anyone here used this tuning tool?
Diablo Trinity T-1000 Performance Tuner. I would like some feedback on it's overall performance. Thanks
Old 05-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

The tunes will add some nice power to the car, and you also get a full color touch screen, live data monitoring from custom configurable virtual dash layouts, a built in virtual dragstrip with 0-60, 0-100, 1/8th and 1/4 mile tests, including a full drag tree, and more, including future SD card support, and free updates for the life of the product.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:42 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

And will it VOID the warranty
Old 05-28-2010, 10:53 AM
davekopell
Cruising

Originally Posted by GARYFINN
And will it VOID the warranty
Are you sure about voiding the warranty? I thought with these tools you can copy your original GM tune and if needed you can put the tune back to stock
Old 05-28-2010, 11:09 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that

I believe your cars computer records ALL changes.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

I believe your cars computer records ALL changes.
Please do not make statements like that, it is not the case when using our products.

I do not wish in any way to rehash this subject which has been beaten to death on this very forum, but you are incorrect where our products are concerned.

OP, the Predator or Trinity tunes are perfectly safe, and will in no way cause you any concerns with the warranty on your vehicle.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2010, 02:16 PM
davekopell
Cruising

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Please do not make statements like that, it is not the case when using our products.

I do not wish in any way to rehash this subject which has been beaten to death on this very forum, but you are incorrect where our products are concerned.

OP, the Predator or Trinity tunes are perfectly safe, and will in no way cause you any concerns with the warranty on your vehicle.

Thanks
Mike thank you for clearing this up i have heard many different stories when it comes to this subject. I guess i feel more comfortable hearing it from the horses mouth as they say. Thanks again!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 03:18 PM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Thanks
So are you willing to make the deal if the Dealer won't honor the warranty after a Diablo tune you will do the repairs if needed for free.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:19 PM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Originally Posted by davekopell
Mike thank you for clearing this up i have heard many different stories when it comes to this subject. I guess i feel more comfortable hearing it from the horses mouth as they say. Thanks again!!!
Talk to your dealer they have a different viewpoint.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:36 PM
BigDs_C6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came really close to picking up a Trinity from Summit right after I picked up my C6, but now I've decided to go with HP Tuners.

The Trinity is a nice looking programmer with some really nice features compared to the others, but for just a little more investment you can get a lot more with HP Tuners. Of course, If you're not comfortable with the idea of tuning it yourself, then I think the Trinity would be a good choice for a car with minimal mods.

D
Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Talk to your dealer they have a different viewpoint.
There is nothing for the dealer to see once the stock tune is restored to the vehicle.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

The tunes will add some nice power to the car, and you also get a full color touch screen, live data monitoring from custom configurable virtual dash layouts, a built in virtual dragstrip with 0-60, 0-100, 1/8th and 1/4 mile tests, including a full drag tree, and more, including future SD card support, and free updates for the life of the product.

Let me know if you need anything else.
For a 2008 Corvette LS3 no mods what kind of HP gains are we talking about? Also, will it run me lean at anypoint? I also own a SRT4 and on those forums guys run lean even 100% stock.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Cor430vette
For a 2008 Corvette LS3 no mods what kind of HP gains are we talking about? Also, will it run me lean at anypoint? I also own a SRT4 and on those forums guys run lean even 100% stock.
There is no concern with running lean. These tunes are extensively tested here on our dyno.

The LS3 tunes gain an average of 15 rwhp.

In regards to the SRT4, finding a 'stock' one is all but impossible. Most of those cars have been modified. Once you modify a turbocharged vehicle, it is not uncommon to see the vehicle run lean with out adjusting the tune for the new mods. When you are talking about a canned tune that can add 30+ rwhp and 35-40 ft/lbs to a 4 cylinder, it ought to be safe to assume there may be a little dialing in needed...especially after you use the tuner to crank up the boost to 20 psi.

Last edited by Mike@DiabloSport; 06-14-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

There is no concern with running lean. These tunes are extensively tested here on our dyno.

The LS3 tunes gain an average of 15 rwhp.

In regards to the SRT4, finding a 'stock' one is all but impossible. Most of those cars have been modified. Once you modify a turbocharged vehicle, it is not uncommon to see the vehicle run lean with out adjusting the tune for the new mods. When you are talking about a canned tune that can add 30+ rwhp and 35-40 ft/lbs to a 4 cylinder, it ought to be safe to assume there may be a little dialing in needed...especially after you use the tuner to crank up the boost to 20 psi.

15 hp aint bad...Im thinkin about getting the Trinity so I can tune both my Corvette 08 and the SRT 4 I own...when are you guys going to give us the ability to tune them both without flashing the first car back to original ecu?

In regards to the SRT...yep I agree...most are owned by punks and have been modified and have exhaust and intake leaning them out...however I own a 100% stock srt 2005 with 18 k miles and zero mods. Are you saying I could put your 93 flash tune and not go lean in a 3rd gear pulls to redline? No knock? Or are you saying that I will still need to add some fuel initially to make sure I dont knock and back it out?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

15 hp aint bad...Im thinkin about getting the Trinity so I can tune both my Corvette 08 and the SRT 4 I own...when are you guys going to give us the ability to tune them both without flashing the first car back to original ecu?
In the next few months we will be releasing an update to allow the Trinity to hold additional backup files. No ETA at the moment.

In regards to the SRT...yep I agree...most are owned by punks and have been modified and have exhaust and intake leaning them out...however I own a 100% stock srt 2005 with 18 k miles and zero mods. Are you saying I could put your 93 flash tune and not go lean in a 3rd gear pulls to redline? No knock? Or are you saying that I will still need to add some fuel initially to make sure I dont knock and back it out?
Yes, on a stocker, no problem.
03s tend to run lean as they run out of fuel pump, but the 04-05s are fine until you start raising the boost.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

In the next few months we will be releasing an update to allow the Trinity to hold additional backup files. No ETA at the moment.

Yes, on a stocker, no problem.
03s tend to run lean as they run out of fuel pump, but the 04-05s are fine until you start raising the boost.
If you think the ability to tune two at the same time will happen some day in the future then this trinity is the way to go...it appears to be Diablos premium product and it will continue to improve and update as time goes by with updates for the life of the product you cant go wrong!
...Im gonna have to buy one!!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:46 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

If you think the ability to tune two at the same time will happen some day in the future then this trinity is the way to go...it appears to be Diablos premium product and it will continue to improve and update as time goes by with updates for the life of the product you cant go wrong!
...Im gonna have to buy one!!
shooting for more than 2 at a time...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo Trinity

Old 06-17-2010, 09:15 AM
LostAngel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It would be nice even if they used a credit system sort of like hp tuners. Want to tune another car? Pay Diablosport $xxx....they give you a code and bam, allows you to tune another car with your tuner.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by LostAngel
It would be nice even if they used a credit system sort of like hp tuners. Want to tune another car? Pay Diablosport $xxx....they give you a code and bam, allows you to tune another car with your tuner.
That is coming for Trinity
Old 06-17-2010, 02:58 PM
backchannel
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

There is nothing for the dealer to see once the stock tune is restored to the vehicle.
but can you say GM can't see there has been rewrites when the ecm is sent to them by the dealer

Quick Reply: Diablo Trinity