C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

beginner tunning

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 07:05 PM
zanekeimigdesigns
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner tunning

I'm new to tuning and would like some input on what to look at first on tuning my stock ls2 c6 m6. I have a borla cat back and efi live. Waiting on wide band. Anything I can adjust with out wide band?
Old 08-31-2012, 04:54 PM
WCC Josh
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by zanekeimigdesigns
I'm new to tuning and would like some input on what to look at first on tuning my stock ls2 c6 m6. I have a borla cat back and efi live. Waiting on wide band. Anything I can adjust with out wide band?
There are a few things you can do prior to the use of a wide band. It's best to become familiar with the EFI live software first before making changes. Here's a link to their forum.

http://forum.efilive.com/forum.php
Old 09-01-2012, 07:36 AM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can program your fans to come on sooner to run a bit cooler, with the M6 you can disable the 1-4 skip shift as well as turn off the dash indicator, can remove all or a portion of Torque Management, timing a bit including reducing some of the timing retard tables like Intake Air Temp (IAT) and Engine Coolant Temp (ECT) as well as tune the non-wide open throttle fueling (AFR) via the Long Term Fuel Trims (LTFT)and Short Term Fuel Trims (STFT).

Will need to become familiar with both the Tuning as well as the Scanning software. As Josh stated, the EFILive and HPTuners forums are a great place to find information and have your questions answered. I would only recommend that you ask specific questions to an item, not "How do I tune?"

Good luck and welcome to the dark side

Ed M
Old 09-02-2012, 01:16 AM
zanekeimigdesigns
Advanced

Originally Posted by mowton
You can program your fans to come on sooner to run a bit cooler, with the M6 you can disable the 1-4 skip shift as well as turn off the dash indicator, can remove all or a portion of Torque Management, timing a bit including reducing some of the timing retard tables like Intake Air Temp (IAT) and Engine Coolant Temp (ECT) as well as tune the non-wide open throttle fueling (AFR) via the Long Term Fuel Trims (LTFT)and Short Term Fuel Trims (STFT).

Will need to become familiar with both the Tuning as well as the Scanning software. As Josh stated, the EFILive and HPTuners forums are a great place to find information and have your questions answered. I would only recommend that you ask specific questions to an item, not "How do I tune?"

Good luck and welcome to the dark side

Ed M
Absolutely, and thanks! I have been reading a lot and there is so much information out there it is kind of overwhelming. The first thing I'm wanting to do is get it running cooler via 180* stat and twin fan kit. What all needs changed in the computer for this? Also I'm fabbing up my own cold air intake, my friend has a cai and had to have it tuned because it was throwing a lean code. If I am understanding correctly you have to adjust the mass airflow for the cai?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:38 AM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Absolutely, and thanks! I have been reading a lot and there is so much information out there it is kind of overwhelming. The first thing I'm wanting to do is get it running cooler via 180* stat and twin fan kit. What all needs changed in the computer for this? Also I'm fabbing up my own cold air intake, my friend has a cai and had to have it tuned because it was throwing a lean code. If I am understanding correctly you have to adjust the mass airflow for the cai?
Set 50% up to 199/850 and 95% for the rest of the table.

Any time you change the air capabilities (intake, Headers, CAM etc.) of the engine, you need to retune your MAF/VE across non-wot and wot.

Ed M
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 AM
zanekeimigdesigns
Advanced

Set 50% up to 199/850 and 95% for the rest of the table.

Any time you change the air capabilities (intake, Headers, CAM etc.) of the engine, you need to retune your MAF/VE across non-wot and wot.

Ed M
K I need to wait until I get a wideband for ve tuning right?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:13 AM
mowton
Le Mans Master

K I need to wait until I get a wideband for ve tuning right?
Can tune MAF/VE non-wot with fuel trims, but not WOT. Just remember each time you make a change to reset the trims.

Ed M
Old 09-02-2012, 11:25 AM
corvettor
Intermediate

Can tune MAF/VE non-wot with fuel trims, but not WOT. Just remember each time you make a change to reset the trims.

Ed M
Great info Ed how are you doing? Getting ready for BIG BLUE How is smiley . Talk to you soon a blast from the past
Old 09-02-2012, 11:55 AM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by corvettor
Great info Ed how are you doing? Getting ready for BIG BLUE How is smiley . Talk to you soon a blast from the past
All is well my friend....how are you guys doing? Missed Carlisle this year...work stuff. Missed our body shop/paint projects Smiley is good, busy and some neat projects this year.

Wednesday is opening night...against D! tough schedule this year for sure. Atleast we dont have to deal with TEBOWMANIA

Say Hi, see ya soon

Ed M

Last edited by mowton; 09-02-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:24 PM
corvettor
Intermediate

All is well my friend....how are you guys doing? Missed Carlisle this year...work stuff. Missed our body shop/paint projects Smiley is good, busy and some neat projects this year.

Wednesday is opening night...against D! tough schedule this year for sure. Atleast we dont have to deal with TEBOWMANIA

Say Hi, see ya soon

Ed M
Yeah i heard u guys did not make Carlisle i am good get my 3 month check up results on the 5th of this month. Keeping my fingers crossed. Yeah Gang Green did not need that moron they have enough morons on the team. It is going to be a long season with the same or worse results. I am looking for another vette looking an Orange 2007 or 2008 Z06 if you hear of anything call my cell or text me. Ask smiley to keep his eyes and ears open also. I prefer ALL STOCK. I will look to get out to see smiley and the crew soon hopefully you will be around. Take care say hi to your better half.

Get notified of new replies

To beginner tunning

Quick Reply: beginner tunning