C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOB programming problem! trunk key doesn't start the procedure

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 01:30 PM
emagia2010
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOB programming problem! trunk key doesn't start the procedure

Hi there, my name is Emanuel, I have a 2006 C6 base coupe automatic, bought it wrecked and repaired it, few things left to do, I have an old fob from a previous vette and have made trunk key at the dealer, tried the long procedure but it looks like the 5 time turning doesn't work, I tried at least 10 times with 20 times each...windows have always been down since when I bought it, never had the original fob, it has an after market stereo gps by pioneer and an ipod plug that is aftermarket as well... I had read a while back somewhere that in the event the key lock wouldn't register the key turns it could be manually done at the ignition....know anything about it? is it the pigtail plug at the back inside the trunk , I see it has somewhat of a solenoid (would it short memory? Would be too easy to do no?) or are there wires at the starter button? any ideas? the airbag is deployed if that has anything to do with it... you could pm if response is sensitive info...Thanks in advance,
Emanuel G
Old 11-07-2014, 02:19 PM
LeftLane Z06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you turn it five time with the ignition completely off? Most people turn the ignition on in the accessory mode.The ignition must been in the OFF position.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:30 PM
emagia2010
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes on off....

Get notified of new replies

To FOB programming problem! trunk key doesn't start the procedure

Quick Reply: FOB programming problem! trunk key doesn't start the procedure