C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting the most out of the Torque app

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 11:55 AM
Gryphon_
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Resurrecting this topic as I've started using TorquePro to diagnose a lean condition. This app rocks, even with a cheap OBD2 dongle. One question I had was whether the layouts (dials, graphs) we have all carefully mapped out can be exported / imported and shared?

Another was whether Throttle Position (Manifold %) was the best PID for throttle - I'm finding that with foot on floor, it only goes to 88.24....?
Old 04-17-2018, 05:05 PM
Gryphon_
Pro

Here are the layouts I've built to gather data.

First, the basics:

Then, fuel trims:

Next, O2 and cats:

Overall emissions check:

Intake temp, ambient, MAF, and timing:

And last, an in-work layout to dig deeper and find why my fuel trims are lean (suggestions welcome):
Old 12-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Gryphon_
Pro

I notice that some of you are logging the Air Fuel Ratio (Commanded) (:1) PID. Has anyone had any success in getting the Air Fuel Ratio (Measured) (:1) PID to work? I'm guessing but I assume the latter is what a tuner would want to monitor.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:23 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

I tried and was never successful

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...orque-app.html
Old 12-10-2018, 01:41 PM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
Same here.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:06 AM
Mlcharlestonsc
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Just installed app this week and received my bt adapter. So going to set it up and run it over the long holiday.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:28 AM
Mlcharlestonsc
Instructor

the Pontiac / GM / Opel / Vauxhall pre-defined set and you'll have access to the many useful PIDs; on our cars I don't think there is a need for a full scan.

Not able to locate this add on for Android. Anyone know where it is at?
Old 12-22-2018, 07:21 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

fairly certain it is in torque pro now. I think if you install torque scan then go into Torque Pro settings -> manage extra pids -> add predefined set (under the three dots) you will see the set you are looking for.

Last edited by Sox-Fan; 12-22-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:25 AM
C6_Racer_X
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Z2Z
I use the one that is Branded by BAFX on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS..._fFc6wbEARD89X
That one is adequate for reading codes, and in my experience, for tracking or logging a limited number of PIDs. I have a couple questions if you don't mind. What is the "version" reported in the adapter information from Torque for that one? Mine reports ELM Version 1.5, which is a Chinese clone, not a genuine ELM chip set. Also, somewhere in the adapter information is the PIDs/second speed that it's reading. On my BAFX, I rarely see over about 35 PIDs/second, even on newer vehicles, but I haven't tried it on a C7 yet.
Originally Posted by R_W
I use the: ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows.

Amazon.com: ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows: Automotive
I have that one as well, and That one reports a genuine ELM Chipset version and I get in the upper 80 PIDs/Second with that one on a C6 Corvette using an Android Tablet that's a few years old. I'm not sure the bottle neck with my setup isn't my tablet. I use that one when I'm doing any kind of data logging or when I need quicker update rates for multiple PIDs.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:30 AM
Mlcharlestonsc
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
fairly certain it is in torque pro now. I think if you install torque scan then go into Torque Pro settings -> manage extra pids -> add predefined set (under the three dots) you will see the set you are looking for.
Bingo that worked thank you
Old 12-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Gryphon_
Pro

Originally Posted by C6_Racer_X

ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows.

I have that one as well, and That one reports a genuine ELM Chipset version and I get in the upper 80 PIDs/Second with that one on a C6 Corvette using an Android Tablet that's a few years old. I'm not sure the bottle neck with my setup isn't my tablet. I use that one when I'm doing any kind of data logging or when I need quicker update rates for multiple PIDs.
If you have the MX you might have got an email from scantool.net announcing that OEM-specific extensions are now becoming available - for free. The kicker is that they claim these only work with the MX+. I checked the site and there is no difference in that regard in the specs of the MX and MX+, so have written to them asking for clarification. If they realize they should be making these extensions available to MX owners too it will be a huge step forward for us - I will be sure to keep you updated on how it works out.

Here is what it says in the email:

ALL of our OEM add-ons are now free.

No in-app fees or charges. Zero.

With OBDLink MX+ you get access to more diagnostic trouble codes and advanced parameters than any other wireless OBD2 scan tool, including:
ABS, TPMS, SRS, and TCS
  • Transmission temp, wheel speed, tire pressure
  • ..and thousands of other codes and parameters
OBDLink MX+ is the only wireless OBD2 scan tool on the market that supports the proprietary GM-LAN and Ford MS-CAN vehicle networks. <- But their website says the MX supports these too... we will see

Last edited by Gryphon_; 12-29-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:50 PM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Gryphon_
If you have the MX you might have got an email from scantool.net announcing that OEM-specific extensions are now becoming available - for free. The kicker is that they claim these only work with the MX+. I checked the site and there is no difference in that regard in the specs of the MX and MX+, so have written to them asking for clarification. If they realize they should be making these extensions available to MX owners too it will be a huge step forward for us - I will be sure to keep you updated on how it works out.

Here is what it says in the email:

ALL of our OEM add-ons are now free.

No in-app fees or charges. Zero.

With OBDLink MX+ you get access to more diagnostic trouble codes and advanced parameters than any other wireless OBD2 scan tool, including:
ABS, TPMS, SRS, and TCS
  • Transmission temp, wheel speed, tire pressure
  • ..and thousands of other codes and parameters
OBDLink MX+ is the only wireless OBD2 scan tool on the market that supports the proprietary GM-LAN and Ford MS-CAN vehicle networks. <- But their website says the MX supports these too... we will see
Interesting
Old 01-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Gryphon_
Pro

They replied. There are more differences in the MX+ to the MX than the website shows, so the OEM extensions wont work in the MX. They are fixing their website to clarify the differences between the models. However, for pointing out the website issues they offered a deal on returning my MX for a MX+ so I'm going that road.

Last edited by Gryphon_; 01-11-2019 at 08:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
truth.b (01-12-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Gryphon_
Pro

I got the MX+. I downloaded the GM Extensions. It sees just two modules (7E0 and 7E2) and I have no idea what either is. I went to support, and found that the extensions are written for the C7, not the C6.

Darnit!

So now I need to figure out how to do things a little more manually, and preferably using the Torque app rather than the OBDLink app that comes with the MX+
  • Figure out how to get the Torque app to connect to the GMLAN and HSLAN rather than trusting to 'auto'
  • Search this forum for PIDS

Last edited by Gryphon_; 02-05-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:07 AM
Gryphon_
Pro

Originally Posted by Gryphon_
I got the MX+. I downloaded the GM Extensions. It sees just two modules (7E0 and 7E2) and I have no idea what either is. I went to support, and found that the extensions are written for the C7, not the C6.
Good news - the support team for the MX+ tell me they plan to release an update covering the C6 within 2 months. So there is still a chance that I will be able to access multiple C6 modules before too long.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:09 PM
Ruderegime
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 101 Posts

I thought I switch it to the GM settings, and I still can't get AFE?
C7 Z06

Last edited by Ruderegime; 09-26-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Getting the most out of the Torque app