C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before I pull the tuning trigger

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 11:30 AM
UTGS
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Before I pull the tuning trigger

I debated posting this on HPtuners forums but figured I'd keep this more C6 specific and post here. I assume many here are using HPtuners?

I've done a lot of reading and searching, this just sanity checking before I pull the trigger.

I'm about to add intake/headers/xpipe to my 2010 GS..... before I order HPTuners Pro to adjust for this, is there anything I should be aware of that I might be overlooking? I'll be adding a wideband down the road as well. (probably not for the initial tune though).

I downloaded the HPtuners demo, it looks pretty straight forward to me. I have previous tuning experience with LT1 Camaros (a bored/stroked 383 LT1 w/ N20, and a stock LT1 w/ ~8lbs of boost). They were tuned by me using LT1Edit, and ran great.

In HPtuners "library" of tunes (that I cant see yet since I dont own it), are there enough C6 vette dyno tuned example tunes to poke around at to give me an idea of common changes? Enough examples of A6 transmission tuning etc?

I've *never* tuned an auto before, my LT1s were manuals. So I would love to see some good examples there but I cant seem to find much - hopefully their library has some good work in it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:52 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Get wideband asap otherwise you can't tune WOT fueling.

Other than that, straight forward and if you have lt1 experience it should be cake. Just ask questions and read the guides.
The following users liked this post:
UTGS (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 06:45 PM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Hopefully your as smart as Unreal. It took me around 100 hours just to change from tuning using AFR to lambda.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:51 PM
UTGS
Advanced

I've never tuned with on-board wideband before.... only tuned with a dyno's wideband.

Its tempting to get 2 of these LC-2's to plug into the MPVI (one for each bank)... but thats probably overkill. Ever had issues with the LS3 being rich / lean on either side?
Old 01-23-2017, 08:55 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Not if everything is running correctly, and my wideband is behind the x anyways, so get both sides blended.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:32 PM
UTGS
Advanced

Yeah that'd be ideal. I'll be running a catted zipped though and they're before the X.

Get notified of new replies

To Before I pull the tuning trigger

Quick Reply: Before I pull the tuning trigger