C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF Sensor Help - Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 05:38 PM
Fatal Ty
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAF Sensor Help - Please

I am having a company make a custom harness to adapt my SC LS3 to my Typhoon. The only open question I have to resolve is which MAF sensor to use so they can integrate the correct MAF wiring. Is there a better / preferred sensor out there - LS3 Corvette, ZR1, Camaro SS, etc.? I will be using a TBSS ECU but will be dyno tuned.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:06 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

I don't think that you are going to find one being more desirable than the other. I would buy the unit that best fits your setup. Placing the unit in a location where it can get accurate measurements is the most important thing.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:14 AM
Fatal Ty
Cruising

Thank you!

After a number of phone calls and research it seems like the cartridge style LS7/3 is the most popular.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:29 AM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Yes, the later LS3/7 Hitachi card-style element is probably the best for you. It is more robust to resisting reversion than the earlier open element designs. Just follow the normal rules of MAF placement (laminar flow into the element, no sharp bends or diameter changes) and make sure that the ECU has the proper IAT transfer function if you are also using the integrated IAT sensor from the MAF.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:00 PM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by TurboLX
Yes, the later LS3/7 Hitachi card-style element is probably the best for you. It is more robust to resisting reversion than the earlier open element designs. Just follow the normal rules of MAF placement (laminar flow into the element, no sharp bends or diameter changes) and make sure that the ECU has the proper IAT transfer function if you are also using the integrated IAT sensor from the MAF.
Or make sure your tuner understands this. lol
Old 10-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Fatal Ty
Cruising

Originally Posted by TurboLX
Thank you very much for the information. I am planning to run a JLT cold air kit with a metal screen before the maf sensor to minimize the turbulence but it will depend on how much room I have. Fairly new to GM builds so I will have to verify the IAT1 location. I am hoping there is an option to install an IAT2 sensor somewhere to get post SC temp feedback.

Chris

Get notified of new replies

To MAF Sensor Help - Please

Quick Reply: MAF Sensor Help - Please