C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle positions sensor malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 03:17 PM
2001bigbird
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle positions sensor malfunction

Was informed that the entire Throttle body needs to be replcement and reprogrammed for way to much $$$ Can this be done in myself? Any ideas
Old 11-30-2017, 07:38 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001bigbird
Was informed that the entire Throttle body needs to be replcement and reprogrammed for way to much $$$ Can this be done in myself? Any ideas
Sure just replace the whole throttle body , 4 bolts and one plug , don't over tighten it as you will pull the nuts out of the plastic manifold if it takes you longer that 10 minutes to replace .....u are doing something wrong

there are always used throttle bodies for sale and worst case you can buy a new ported body for around $300 . Make sure you get the correct body , silver blade for 2007 and earlier ( and a few 2008 ) or gold blade for 2008 and up . They are not interchangeable .....

Most of the time it is a plug and play , worse case you might need to do a Idle relearn procedure but it's rare .

Dave
Old 12-05-2017, 05:10 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001bigbird
a new tb for your car is around $400. often there may be an issue with electronic throttle pedal when tb is acting up

Get notified of new replies

To Throttle positions sensor malfunction

Quick Reply: Throttle positions sensor malfunction