C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced Engine Power codes are P2122 & P1516

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Bonebuster29
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Engine Power codes are P2122 & P1516

My 2007 Z06 went into reduced engine power
mode two days ago. Threw two codes. I have since installed a brand new NW102 throttle body as well as a new pedal assembly and a new MAF sensor. I pulled all the connections apart cleaned them w electrical cleaner, inspected the wires and connections and everything looks good.
Motor has some internal mods and was Dyno-tuned after the motor was built. I have done nothing but drive this car for the past couple months issue free until this came up. The only thing I’ve done to this car lately is install mishimoto silicone hoses 2 weeks ago, otherwise I just drive it.

I am at a a loss for what to try next as I’ve read many articles on these codes and I feel like I covered the basics. Can anyone point me in a new direction?
Old 07-13-2018, 11:23 AM
roastin300
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You need to raise the airflow thresholds in the tune. Let me grab a screen shot for you...

here is directly from a 2007 z06 tune....you want to double the tables shown on the top right. Anytime you do mods to an engine, especially a larger throttle body, it will go into reduced power mode if you dont increase these tables. They are simply there for diagnostics, you dont need them to operate anytmore. That being said you could also max them out, but I usually just increase them. Also change the value in the above location from 800 rpm to max so that test doesnt run.

Let me know if this resolves your issues with the reduced power mode.

-John
Roastin Performance LLC

Old 07-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Bonebuster29
3rd Gear

I appreciate the advice however the car went into reduced power mode and threw the codes before I switched anything. I have 3,000 miles since my motor build and its ran perfect until this issue. I only put the 102 throttle body on bc I had it already so I dont see that being the issue since the codes from before and after the TB install are the same, and for the life of me I cannot find anybody with a dyno that can re-tune it before Aug 9th in the Portland Area.

Originally Posted by roastin300
You need to raise the airflow thresholds in the tune. Let me grab a screen shot for you...

here is directly from a 2007 z06 tune....you want to double the tables shown on the top right. Anytime you do mods to an engine, especially a larger throttle body, it will go into reduced power mode if you dont increase these tables. They are simply there for diagnostics, you dont need them to operate anytmore. That being said you could also max them out, but I usually just increase them. Also change the value in the above location from 800 rpm to max so that test doesnt run.

Let me know if this resolves your issues with the reduced power mode.

-John
Roastin Performance LLC

Old 07-13-2018, 11:54 AM
roastin300
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Gotcha. Well this happens on stock vehicles sometimes as well. I have seen it happen from basic mods like an intake and/or exhaust before. Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose. I had assumed you were tuning it....do you not have hptuners?

-John
Roastin Performance LLC
Old 07-13-2018, 12:06 PM
Bonebuster29
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by roastin300
Gotcha. Well this happens on stock vehicles sometimes as well. I have seen it happen from basic mods like an intake and/or exhaust before. Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose. I had assumed you were tuning it....do you not have hptuners?

-John
Roastin Performance LLC
No Tommy Wong dyno tuned it after the motor build. Tuning is well above my abilities... Unfortunately he is so booked up he cant get in me for a month

Get notified of new replies

To Reduced Engine Power codes are P2122 & P1516

Quick Reply: Reduced Engine Power codes are P2122 & P1516