C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Higher fuel pressure from scan

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 10:58 AM
craigyboy
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Higher fuel pressure from scan

My remote tuner has looked at my data logged files as below
"The log file shows what looks to be more fuel than is generally needed across the board, however the underlying data commanding that fuel looks to be accurate. This suggests to me that you may have slightly higher fuel pressure than expected/specification "

If I do have a higher fuel pressure, can that be tuned adjusted? or do I need to change the fuel regulator . I have no idea where this would be on a 2007 A6.. One for each tank?? I can't find any parts numbers for these or any information
Old 08-03-2018, 07:06 AM
MoNkEy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would get a decent mechanical fuel pressure tester and check fuel pressure at your fuel rail.

The fuel system isn’t easy to work on, and unless there’s a real problem verified by your mechanical gauge I would hope he could adjust the tune across the board, isn’t that what tuning is?
Old 08-03-2018, 08:16 AM
craigyboy
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah, that's my next plan. My mechanic guy in the UK doesn't have the correct fitting for the fuel rail yet but when it arrives I'll check out the pressure .. I also thought the fuel should be able to be tuned out as well. Thanks for your input

Get notified of new replies

To Higher fuel pressure from scan

Quick Reply: Higher fuel pressure from scan