C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APS twin turbo or STS twin turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 05:37 PM
dstage
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS twin turbo or STS twin turbo?

I am debaiting on purchasing a twin turbo. Everyone is telling me go APS twin turbo, and some are saying STS. What do I do?
Old 05-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Pontiaker
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dstage
I am debaiting on purchasing a twin turbo. Everyone is telling me go APS twin turbo, and some are saying STS. What do I do?
I dont know much about APS but STS is a top notch company with great customer service.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:04 PM
ole
Racer

Default Sts

You will get much Colder Air .The heat will all be in the back

Last edited by ole; 05-02-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:32 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I like the STS concept, the system really works.

Cartek Racing (www.cartek.net) has nice C6 twin turbo set up as well.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:47 PM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

APS is far and away the better engineered package. The company has a long and excellent history of producing the best total turbocharging solutions for a whole range of high performance cars (noteably the 350Z, where they are the trusted turbocharging package provider). The piping is large and short, virtually eliminating lag, the intercooler is large and efficient, giving a cooler denser charge, they provide a complete tuning solution, etc.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:10 PM
tekhombre
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

We are a dealer for both APS and STS systems, you can contact Dave for more info @ 908-317-4496 or davebusch@cartek.net

Julio
Old 05-02-2006, 10:25 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

The APS intercooled twin turbo systems wil be ready to ship within the next week and I'm confident that the APS close coupled dual ball bearing turbocharger approach will provide you with an awesome ride, even at very low boost pressure.

The turbo spool and the instant response from the close coupled twin turbo system provides a rush like no other, the power/torque under the curve is unequalled by any other form of FI including postive displacement superchargers, all good.

One of the key features of the system is the completeness of the entire APS package, all parts required for the install are included so you only need to add coolant and your choice of engine oil.

Good luck with your project and I hope you find what best suits your wants and needs.

Here's a pic of the twin turbo system, hope you enjoy.

Peter
Old 05-02-2006, 10:38 PM
AMGPilot
Drifting

Originally Posted by APS
The APS intercooled twin turbo systems wil be ready to ship within the next week and I'm confident that the APS close coupled dual ball bearing turbocharger approach will provide you with an awesome ride, even at very low boost pressure.

The turbo spool and the instant response from the close coupled twin turbo system provides a rush like no other, the power/torque under the curve is unequalled by any other form of FI including postive displacement superchargers, all good.

One of the key features of the system is the completeness of the entire APS package, all parts required for the install are included so you only need to add coolant and your choice of engine oil.

Good luck with your project and I hope you find what best suits your wants and needs.

Here's a pic of the twin turbo system, hope you enjoy.

Peter
Looks awesome!

How much for the C6 system?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:37 PM
dstage
Racer

You cant seem to hear the blow out inside the cabin of the APS. Is that true? So are they about the same? Are they ok for everyday driving?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:42 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vette-Pilot
Looks awesome!

How much for the C6 system?
Thanks for those kind words, greatly appreciated. The MSRP for the APS intercoled twin turbo system will be $8995 for at least the first production batch and the optional true dual 3'' exhaust system with high flow cats will be around $1750 when released in July, all good.

Here's a new pic of the APS true dual high flow exhaust and a link to further information

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/co...xhaust/exh.htm

Peter
Old 05-03-2006, 12:17 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I greater prefer the design of the APS kit over the other you mentioned.

Mark
Old 05-03-2006, 11:56 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Get one of each!
I think both kits have pros and cons... But I'm already leaning towards one...
Old 06-10-2006, 12:56 AM
valdeztke
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

You already leaned towards one
Old 06-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Brabus2
Safety Car

I've yet to see the STS kit personally, but seeing the APS TT kit firsthand on a C6 at Andy's shop...I was very impressed with the quality of hardware choice and the tech who did the install stated it was fairly simple with no issues. At this point, my monies would go the APS!
Old 06-10-2006, 03:50 PM
valdeztke
Le Mans Master

I would be interested to see some numbers on an APS application that isnt running meth and 9psi. An application say around 5psi and then show us the dyno sheets.

The numbers on the APS website look great but that is with Meth and 9psi....dont think after buying a TT I am A) going to run above 5psi B) add coolant and oil and drive? What about the meth injection and refills?

I just want to know on the SAME PSI system for system what do the numbers say for power under the curve?
Old 06-10-2006, 05:25 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

Although I don't have a Vette, I do have a G35 with an APS TT setup. I can vouch for the completeness and engineering APS puts into their kits.

I have a question for Peter (APS).........Peter what kind of numbers are we talking about for your TT kit (cost, torque, power)?
Old 06-10-2006, 06:42 PM
valdeztke
Le Mans Master

Its all been discussed. 8995 for the complete kit. The issue i have is that power on the website is at 9psi and some say they are running a meth kit as well.

I want to see what those of us that plan on running just 5-7psi is going to see

Get notified of new replies

To APS twin turbo or STS twin turbo?

Old 06-10-2006, 07:32 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

:o My bad valdeztke, I just re-read the thread and the APS link..............noticed that the kit is pushing up to 10.5 psi. It'll be interesting to see what the final numbers come out to.

......subscribing.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:16 PM
valdeztke
Le Mans Master

no harm done.

Yeah Im on the fence and the longer I sit here I am leaning towards the maggie. Proven, DIY capable, and longevity.

We shall see!
Old 06-10-2006, 08:26 PM
k0bun
Melting Slicks

Location: NJ..."the way I saw it, everyone takes a beating sometimes."
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say APS. I know things are cramped in the engine bay, and props to STS for coming up with a truely unique solution. But I know back when I was turboing my W-bodies(2000 Monte Carlo SS) we avoided the rear-mount system. Didn't like the location(speed bumps, road debree, etc.) Besides a properly set up turbo/IC system will be just as effecient,(IAC) if not more, as a rear mount.

Last edited by k0bun; 06-10-2006 at 08:49 PM.

Quick Reply: APS twin turbo or STS twin turbo?