C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY for lowering C6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:48 PM
TXVette06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY for lowering C6?

I have talked to another C6 owner that lowered his Corvette by adjusting the stock coils with no cutting of the coils. Does anyone have a DIY procedure to lower the C6?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TXVette06
I have talked to another C6 owner that lowered his Corvette by adjusting the stock coils with no cutting of the coils. Does anyone have a DIY procedure to lower the C6?
No coils on these my friend... To lower her all you need is a 10mm wrench or socket... At the end of each transverse spring there is a spring stop threaded through it from the bottom up... Put your wrench on that bad boy and turn counter clock wise till you get her where you like the stance.
To go any lower you must cut the rubber bumper off of the bottom of the spring stop that you just adjusted... to see how to do this check in the F.A.Q. section of the C6 forum...
Jeremy
Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by TXVette06
TXVette

This thread discusses lowering it as far as it will go with the standard bolts (i.e., without cutting the bushings or replacing the bolts with the WCC replacement bolts):

Lowering Thread #1

This thread discusses swapping out the bolts or cutting the bushings on the stock bolts to get it lower:

Lowering Thread #2

I think that will give you about all the info you need!

Good luck. OBTW...don't forget to post pics when you're done!!!

Bob

Edited to add this additional info: In thread #2, post #19, I said that you must do a little minor disassembly of the rear suspension to cut the bolts. This is not necessarily so - If you scroll down to post #28 in that thread, Brianmargarita says that he was able to cut the rubber bushings down with a sawzall without undoing the suspension. I believe I've also seen a post that said you could undo some bolts at the top of the suspension rather than the bottom as I did. If you're gonna replace the bolts, you're gonna have to undo the suspension to get the old bolt out and the new one in.

Last edited by BEZ06; 06-06-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Low Rider
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

I was able to cut my rear bushings by just removing the lower shock bolt and leaving the control arm bolts as is. It will take you less than an hour for the whole job....
Old 06-07-2006, 03:40 PM
TXVette06
Advanced

Thanks for the help!

Get notified of new replies

To DIY for lowering C6?

Quick Reply: DIY for lowering C6?