C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pressure sensors for Z-51

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Dgatto
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pressure sensors for Z-51

I need to buy 2 sensors for my 06'. Is there any difference where I buy them?? New? Used? Any difference between 05 and 06?

I know I saw a post about them , but couldn't find it.

Thanks
-Dennis
Old 11-21-2006, 11:38 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by Dgatto
I need to buy 2 sensors for my 06'. Is there any difference where I buy them?? New? Used? Any difference between 05 and 06?

Thanks
-Dennis
Click on the link below to see a post about getting them from Fred Beans:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...0&postcount=10

The batteries in the sensors have a "design life" of 10 years, but I'm not counting on mine lasting past 7 or so - when I'm getting new tires about then I'll get new sensors.

No C6 sensors are older than about 2 years right now, so maybe some used ones might be okay. In several years you're not gonna know how old a used sensor is or how much battery life is remaining.

Bob
Old 11-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Dgatto
Pro

Originally Posted by beezeye
Click on the link below to see a post about getting them from Fred Beans:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...0&postcount=10

The batteries in the sensors have a "design life" of 10 years, but I'm not counting on mine lasting past 7 or so - when I'm getting new tires about then I'll get new sensors.

No C6 sensors are older than about 2 years right now, so maybe some used ones might be okay. In several years you're not gonna know how old a used sensor is or how much battery life is remaining.

Bob
Thanks Bob!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:38 PM
fat bob
Racer

Thanks
-Dennis
Dennis, there are two types of sensors for the C-6. I think the most common is under the code UJ9. The type you need for your car can be found by checking the codes in your glovebox or giving a dealer your VIN number and they will tell you what type you need.
Parts Bob or Parts Tom at Fichtner can help you with this.
I can give you the part # for the UJ9 but I don't have it at work. If you need the number answer this post and when I get home I will get it for you.

Bob

Dennis, the post by " beezeye " has a link which shows the following part number:

25758220 This is the number that matches RPO UJ9 which you will find in your glovebox. It is most probably the one you need. I couldn't find the other code and this one is the most common.

Bob

Last edited by fat bob; 11-22-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Dgatto
Pro

Originally Posted by fat bob
Dennis, there are two types of sensors for the C-6. I think the most common is under the code UJ9. The type you need for your car can be found by checking the codes in your glovebox or giving a dealer your VIN number and they will tell you what type you need.
Parts Bob or Parts Tom at Fichtner can help you with this.
I can give you the part # for the UJ9 but I don't have it at work. If you need the number answer this post and when I get home I will get it for you.

Bob
Thanks Bob...definitly!

-Dennis
Old 11-22-2006, 05:44 PM
fat bob
Racer

Thanks Bob...definitly!

-Dennis
Dennis, I edited my previous post. The part number and brief explanation is included. Don't forget to buy the nuts for the sensors if this is a new installation.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Pressure sensors for Z-51

Quick Reply: Pressure sensors for Z-51